GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,394
1 members and 1,393 guests
bjenzdarka5720
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

She is the epitome of every negative stereotype of a Southern woman. Bless her heart.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphiadvisor View Post
I've read the whole thread and dismayed by the snark and snide of HartofSEC directed at Alpha Phi especially in the earlier posts. A bully, indeed.
I assume you are referring to my question regarding "where is the oversight," and I guess you just answered it. Glad you joined the forum to participate in the thread.

Do you advise the Bama Alpha Phi chapter? What level of review and approval is required prior to production and publication of a recruitment video? And what are your thoughts on this video?

FTR, my objection is with the video, not the chapter members or Alpha Phi in general.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Children --

As a mom coming here for information about recruitment, reading bickering back and forth (this isn't the only thread, just most recently) makes me want to tell her RUN! Withdraw Now! RUN! I hope someone will delete this thread. And I'm talking about the comments from people, not the video.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:46 AM
GreekChat Member

While I agree that there are unpleasant aspects to the back-and-forth regarding the video, threatening to pull your daughter from recruitment upon finding that there are unpleasant members in sororities is a bit . . .hyperbolic. Sororities are made up of fallible human beings, who sometimes are not as noble as they should be. If that is a problem which your daughter cannot handle, yes, please, advise her to pull out of recruitment.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Does the video infringe on some Bama panhellenic or a NPC regulation? Was there a posting date violation? Dress requirement? Content requirement? They weren't dissing any other sororities.

So it's not what you would have done? So what? The chapter made the video to celebrate and "show off" their sisterhood. If the PNMs like it, it was a success. If they react to it as Hart did, then they failed. This type of video seems to be the trend. And I am the incredibly gorgeous tall, leggy, nubile drink of water in the FSU Zeta video whose breasts are bouncing up and down. Oh wait, that's all of them. And by the way, They are real and they are spectacular!

Last edited by FSUZeta; 08-13-2015 at 07:02 AM.
Closed Thread