GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 828
1 members and 827 guests
No Members online

Old 01-13-2012, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Wright State's Very Busy Year

This was going to be a reply in the Theta Phi Alpha recruitment thread, because I'm still giddy about our chapter recruiting quota +5 and being at total, but then I realized there's a lot I want to discuss.

We have five chapters at Wright State (AXiD, DZ, KD, Theta Phi, ZTA). Formal recruitment is held in the fall. All chapters made quota. Total is 45. Three chapters are holding informal recruitment this quarter, but the numbers range from 2-5 spots--there are no huge deficits and I anticipate all chapters will be at total again in a couple of weeks.

Wright State is converting from quarters to semesters this year. In anticipation of larger-than-normal numbers of graduating seniors, as people try to get out before the conversion this fall messes up their degree progress, we are strongly considering holding a second, less-structured formal recruitment at the beginning of spring quarter (early March).

We'll be hosting David Stollman for Buy In or Get Out and Recruitment Boot Camp next month, which is AWESOME. I was told he guarantees at least a 25% increase in recruitment numbers. If that happens, our chapters will be bursting at the seams.

Now, it's already difficult to find meeting spaces that will hold a full chapter + advisors, so an increase in total isn't really on the table. The hope is that we'll be opening for expansion in the next couple of years if all chapters continue to have no difficulty reaching and maintaining total. I personally would love to see Phi Mu return and I know their national office has expressed an interest. We have an AOII alumna as a collegiate who wants to bring that chapter back, and the AOII alumnae chapter in the area has enthusiastically pledged support if we go that route, although we never received a letter of interest from their national headquarters.

Basically, things are going really well for the sororities at Wright State. I'm very excited to see how things play out.

Does anyone have experience with holding two formal recruitments in one year? Any success stories/problems with Stollman's recruitment boot camp program? Thoughts on expansion?