GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,429
3 members and 2,426 guests
Cookiez17, navane

Old 06-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

sometimes guys can be a bigger help than a girlfriend can-they seem to look at things from a different perspective than we do.

that is just awful that they had messed up your invitations and had you re-use your old scantron card.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-12-2007, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

At least we know it all works out. Which chapters are out of the running now?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:15 AM

I truly understand (as you now know) how much that must have sucked. Isn't it great to feel like out of a couple of thousand people you are the one that they managed to screw up? What are the odds?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

There were two girls in my group when I was a Rho Gamma this spring who had computer errors in their schedules. Well not really computer errors, human errors entering the data into the computer (not my fault I'd like to add). This was bad news turned good though, instead of the other way around.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

The year I went through, there was some major computer error (most likely human error, since computers don't really make errors on their own), and a ton of girls ended up being released from what ended up becoming my sorority for pref - myself included. I ended up accepting a snap bid from them, and while I was happy to be in the house and felt welcomed, I always had a nagging insecurity that they didn't really want me there since they had "cut" me. It wasn't until pref night my junior year, when the schedules got messed up yet again and a lot of girls ended up released from houses they had been invited back to or sent to the wrong parties, that I overheard one of the seniors complaining about what had happened two years earlier. That compelled me to finally ask about it - I had been way too ashamed to ask any of the older sisters about it before, and the mess that was their recruitment my freshman year was such a sore spot that it had never come up otherwise.

Last edited by CrimsonBlues; 06-12-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

crimsonblue,
i think that the greeklife advisor should have taken responsibility and issued apologies to each pnm who was effected by the computer error. how awful that you felt like you were a "quick addition" for two years! i am glad that you found out the truth.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
sometimes guys can be a bigger help than a girlfriend can-they seem to look at things from a different perspective than we do.
Yeah, but note that I was visiting FIVE sororities, and he told me that I still had THREE great chapters.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessSigKap View Post
At least we know it all works out. Which chapters are out of the running now?
Alpha Omicron Pi
Alpha Phi
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Delta
Pi Beta Phi

I'll make it easy, I was going back to

Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Epsilon Phi
Phi Mu
Phi Sigma Sigma
Sigma Kappa
Old 06-13-2007, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Getting ready for second invitation, I was pretty bummed out, because the girls from the dorm were all going back to the same houses, more or less, and none of them were going back to any on my list. I don't remember what I wore at all, but it was the first year that UIUC did a philanthropy round. So, nobody knew if we were supposed to be less dressed up than second round, and most of the chapters didn't know how to hold a philanthropy round.

Marvels: We did a craft that was really stupid, and the girl who rushed me barely said five words. I could tell it was just because she was shy/nervous, but I was worried. Then the girl who rushed me the previous round came over and sat down at our table, and talked up a storm, and told me she was really glad to see me back, so that was good.

Scarlet G's. Another silly craft, I thought, and we were seated at long tables with tons of women on either side, so it was a little too hectic, I thought, when all of the other chapters were getting more personal. I was rushed by two girls who were nice, but neither one struck me as someone I would really be friends with. The one talked the whole time, and the other one was kinda like her sidekick.

Petite Passions. I remember sitting in a girl's room looking through her photo album, and there were tons of pictures of her at her formal with a guy I know. I told her I knew her date, and she told me he wasn't her date, he was the DJ. I said something like "he sure is in a lot of your pictures" and then realized I probably shouldn't have said that, because I realized around that time she must not have had a date.

Ripplers. I don't know why I have such a memory block, but I still don't remember much about this house. I know they were nice girls but I don't remember any specifics.

Ice Pearls. I don't remember the craft here, either, but I remember seeing a lot of the house, and it was really nice. Again, I knew most of the other rushees visiting this house, and I wasn't sure I wanted to join a chapter with so many people I already knew.

So after this round, I wasn't so sure that I was going to be Greek. Rush had gone from being fun to being a chore. I was sick of it, and felt like I had no control in the process. I decided that I would go to prefs where I was invited and see if anything clicked, but if I didn't really feel it, I wouldn't sign a bid card.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I am looking forward to more of your story!!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Update, please! I can't wait to find out which one is Phi Mu!
Old 06-15-2007, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Finger sprain makes typing tough. Y'all may have to wait a few days.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

At least we know you're not torturing the addicts on purpose!
Old 06-17-2007, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

ok its been a few days now!! update update!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to alphagamphi
Im waiting wheres my update