GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,394
0 members and 2,394 guests
No Members online

Old 01-13-2012, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Big bro/lil sis problem

I met a really handsome guy who wanted to be my big bro during my first social as a pledge. I said sure why not. I found out his family is considered the 'pretty boys' in his fraternity. Now that I'm initiated he asked if I was going to pick up, I told him I want to but I wasn't sure yet. He told me only to pick up a good looking lil.

I have a problem with how he cares only about looks and not if I really connect with someone I like to pick up for a lil. What should I do?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-13-2012, 07:58 PM

Reason # 34566 why this big bro/little sis shit is RIDICULOUS and needs stamped out a hell of a lot more than organized little sis/little bro groups ever did.

Anyway...

I'm not sure if you mean your little in the sorority or a little brother, but I would tell him you'll take whoever you damn well want to take. If he has issues with that, kick him to the curb.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Reason # 34566 why this big bro/little sis shit is RIDICULOUS and needs stamped out a hell of a lot more than organized little sis/little bro groups ever did.

Anyway...

I'm not sure if you mean your little in the sorority or a little brother, but I would tell him you'll take whoever you damn well want to take. If he has issues with that, kick him to the curb.
Reason # 34567 why I'm happy that you're my sister.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Tell him to stop being a tool and that you're going to take whatever Little Bro/Sis you want to. Done.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm guessing he picked you up for your looks, so I'm guessing you are pretty good looking. So, continuing on making inferences, I'm guessing your sorority picks up some good looking girls (if not picks up ONLY good looking girls), which therefore means whoever your little is...will be good looking.

But yeah, tell him to take a walk if he doesn't like who you picked.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphatausc View Post
I'm guessing he picked you up for your looks, so I'm guessing you are pretty good looking. So, continuing on making inferences, I'm guessing your sorority picks up some good looking girls (if not picks up ONLY good looking girls), which therefore means whoever your little is...will be good looking.

But yeah, tell him to take a walk if he doesn't like who you picked.
Oh, go jump in a lake...sisterhood selection isn't about looks, so this "you're hot, he's hot, everybody's hot" is ridiculosity.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Oh, go jump in a lake...sisterhood selection isn't about looks, so this "you're hot, he's hot, everybody's hot" is ridiculosity.
Are you sure about this? Because if you are, you shouldn't be.

Simple OB: people often congregate with others who are like them.

Obviously we would hope membership selection would be deeper, and it sounds like in your house it was ... but that's certainly not necessarily the case everywhere.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
Are you sure about this? Because if you are, you shouldn't be.

Simple OB: people often congregate with others who are like them.

Obviously we would hope membership selection would be deeper, and it sounds like in your house it was ... but that's certainly not necessarily the case everywhere.
Well, obviously I can't guarantee that XYZ's membership selection doesn't involve inviting the ABC Fraternity president over and having him arrange their bid list by porkability. However you have to admit that it's a less unreasonable assumption that no group's official MS is based soley on "teh hotness" than that poster's "everybody must be good looking, since I'm assuming your good looking and therefore you must be in a chapter of only good looking women." Besides, I actually think the OP was talking about picking a little brother, which makes what kind of women are in her chapter a moot point.

Either way, it sounds like the OP's at one of those campi where the Big bro/little sis thing has reached the point of ridiculum.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well, obviously I can't guarantee that XYZ's membership selection doesn't involve inviting the ABC Fraternity president over and having him arrange their bid list by porkability. However you have to admit that it's a less unreasonable assumption that no group's official MS is based soley on "teh hotness" than that poster's "everybody must be good looking, since I'm assuming your good looking and therefore you must be in a chapter of only good looking women." Besides, I actually think the OP was talking about picking a little brother, which makes what kind of women are in her chapter a moot point.

Either way, it sounds like the OP's at one of those campi where the Big bro/little sis thing has reached the point of ridiculum.
My comment you quoted was mostly sarcastic, with a hint of truth to it. If the OP is talking about a little brother, the big brother has every right to ask her to pick a "good looking one". That little brother she chooses will be in the big brother's family line. If the OP is talking about a little sister, the big brother really shouldn't care because then he'll have to have a say in the little sister's little sis' little sis.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My comment you quoted was mostly sarcastic, with a hint of truth to it. If the OP is talking about a little brother, the big brother has every right to ask her to pick a "good looking one". That little brother she chooses will be in the big brother's family line. If the OP is talking about a little sister, the big brother really shouldn't care because then he'll have to have a say in the little sister's little sis' little sis.
I'm noticing as I read your responses to different threads that your logic train is missing a few rails, isn't it?
Old 01-16-2012, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm noticing as I read your responses to different threads that your logic train is missing a few rails, isn't it?
Yeah, sorry. I've done gone loopy. My apologies.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
My comment you quoted was mostly sarcastic, with a hint of truth to it. If the OP is talking about a little brother, the big brother has every right to ask her to pick a "good looking one". That little brother she chooses will be in the big brother's family line.
There is no "family line" if you're not all in the same friggin' GLO.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I never understood the who Big Bro/ Little Sis thing. How is that any different from the multiply banned little sister organizations?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
I never understood the who Big Bro/ Little Sis thing. How is that any different from the multiply banned little sister organizations?
Believe me, the national orgs frown on it, for the same reason little sister organizations were banned. It puts single-sex status in jeopardy.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

The causing strife I would think would be a bigger issue.