GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,310
1 members and 2,309 guests
John

Old 03-03-2002, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow Cosby Show Marathon

Starting tonight @ 9:00EST until 5:00AM there will be a week long Cosby Show marathon. Aaaaaah the memories. Don't know about you, but I am taping them.

Go to http://www.nickatnite.com for COSBY updates and fun facts and polls.

Vote for your favorite Cosby Kid.

WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE COSBY KID?
WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE NON COSBY KID?
WHAT WERE YOUR FAVORITE EPISODES?
WHAT WAS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE EPISODE?

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 03-04-2002 at 08:22 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-03-2002, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one that Loves The Cosby Show!

I have a lot of favorite shows.....Let's see....I was going through the list of episodes and one of my favorites is the one where Denise made that shirt for Theo.....FUNNY!!!

My favorite phrase "I am your father....I brought you in this world...I'll take you out!"

My favorite? That's a hard one....I like them ALL......I guess....Theo...He has grown in to a Fine Man.....then Keisha.....She has grown in to a beautiful woman. The others fall in to what ever order.

Old 03-03-2002, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zetafg

I'm glad I'm not the only one that Loves The Cosby Show!

I have a lot of favorite shows.....Let's see....I was going through the list of episodes and one of my favorites is the one where Denise made that shirt for Theo.....FUNNY!!!

My favorite phrase "I am your father....I brought you in this world...I'll take you out!"

My favorite? That's a hard one....I like them ALL......I guess....Theo...He has grown in to a Fine Man.....then Keisha.....She has grown in to a beautiful woman. The others fall in to what ever order.

That SHIRT EPISODE was hilarious!!

Two of my favorite phrases came from CLAIRE when she would break ELVIN down and when she told Sondra just HOW MUCH she owed her for her PRINCETON education.

MY FAVORITE COSBY KID is RUUUUUUUUUDY!!

GUESS WHICH COSBY KID IS BORN THE EXACT SAME DAY as me but two years older?!!?

KELLI cannot answer this question!

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 03-04-2002 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb ALICIA KEYS EPISODE

This was another favorite episode:

22. Slumber Party
Rudy feels left out when her siblings refuse to include her in their activities, so Cliff agrees to let her have a slumber party.
**Episode #22 is the episode that reportedly Alicia Keys was on**

My favorite Non Cosby Kids: Peter and COCKROACH!!

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 03-04-2002 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DableST_1
COSBY KIDS

I think I would have to vote on Theo.......I love him.....

On another note, I was SURPRISED when Nick at Night decided to add the Cosby show. Why?? Because it comes on 6 (AND YES I SAID SIX) times a day!!! The times are 9:00 am-10am (Chanel 26) then 3:00 PmM-4:00 (chanel 9) and 5:00p.m to 6:00 p.m on chanel 23. and not now it's going to be a Double take on Nick at night after the marathon which is going to make it EIGHT times a DAY!!!! I mean I love the Cosby show and everytning but DAYYYYUUUMMMM That's EIGHT EPISODES of the Cobly show coming on EEEE'RY Day!!!!(Not including the marathon) Just on different channels!!!
But I will be glued to the set this week to watch the marathon!!!

Last edited by DableST_1; 03-03-2002 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2002, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

FYI

The 10:30 episode will be the GORDON GARTRELLE episode.
Old 03-03-2002, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Cosby Show Marathon

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
Starting tonight @ 9:00EST until 5:00AM there will be a week long Cosby Show marathon. Aaaaaah the memories. Don't know about you, but I am taping them.
Why, oh why did I read this thread. Now I am going to be up all night, all week !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Cosby Kid---Rudy until she got older
Favorite Cosby Grandkid--Olivia
Favorite Episode--The 49th anniversary of Cliff's parents
Least Favorite--The dream show when all of the men were pregnant.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!

Last edited by ladygreek; 03-07-2002 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-03-2002, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Cosby Show Marathon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek

Why, oh why did I read this thread. Now I am going to be up all night, all week !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Cosby Kid---Rudy until she got older
Favorite Cosby Grandkid--Olivia
Favorite Episode--The first, anniversary show of Cliff's parents
Least Favorite--The dream show when all of the men were pregnant.
LOL, my least favorite was the dang on episode where RUDY wrote a story and they acted it out. To this day I have only seen it the ONE time because the EP was freaking gay!!

Another Question: WHICH CHARACTER did you have a crush on? MY CRUSH was COCKROACH!!! wit his fine self.
Old 03-04-2002, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Hello Ladies,

If I may post:

*My fave Cosby kid: Denise--even though she was ditzy, she was different and did her own thing. She became really annoying on A Different World though.

*My fave non- cosby kid--Kenny (Bud!) Too bad we never got to meet his "older brother". Interesting advice he always gave Kenny.

*My fave episode--that really is a hard one but a couple of them are: when Rudy is upset about not having breasts, Theo's prom (the helicopter), when Theo and Justine
get busted by Claire for living together, and the one where the family travels to Hillman to visit the retiring professor.

I had a huge crush on Cockroach (who didnt?)
Old 03-04-2002, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Favorite Cosby Kid, Rudy
Favorite Episode, when Cliff was playing practical jokes on the family so they wanted to trick him with Sondra and Elvin's engagement

I just watched the first episode. Things were really different. There were only 4 kids, they called him Teddy(instead of Theo), Cliff's name was Clifford (not Heathcliff), it looks like Claire was a housewife, not an attorney and the living room of the house is completely different

(and an apartment in Manhattan only costs $400 a month!!! )

Last edited by Penny_2; 03-04-2002 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-04-2002, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
Quote:
Originally posted by Penny_2
Favorite Cosby Kid, Rudy
Favorite Episode, when Cliff was playing practical jokes on the family so they wanted to trick him with Sondra and Elvin's engagement

I just watched the first episode. Things were really different. There were only 4 kids, they called him Teddy(instead of Theo), Cliff's name was Clifford (not Heathcliff), it looks like Claire was a housewife, not an attorney and the living room of the house is completely different

(and an apartment in Manhattan only costs $400 a month!!! )
I remember reading something a few years back that in the beginning Theo's name was going to be Teddy, that is the reason as to why you kept hearing him being called Teddy. Also the episode that came on first last night was the pilot episode, that is the reason why the house was different inside, but Clair was still an attorney. When Cliff was talking to Theo about his grades, remember Theo said dad you are a doctor and mom is a lawyer, but what if I'm meant to be a regular person.

I love the Cosby show and do you know that when this show first aired, I ddin't watch it. I remember I was in college in a friends dorm room and was like what is this show you are watching. I was hooked from that point on.

Favorite episode, definitely the shirt and Denise trying to make one that looked like it. I have so many that I can't even really remember them right now.

Favorite Cosby kid... Theo

Be Breezy - Calvin from "House of Payne"
Old 03-04-2002, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
The 10:30 episode will be the GORDON GARTRELLE episode.

Why was my Man and I in tears??? The shirt....the shirt....tucked in to his socks? I'm cracking up right now!

Do you share your birthday with Tempestt? I know Malcolm's birthday is early in the greatest month....I'm the 26th ....but I don't remember if it is the same day as you.

My least favorite show.....I think I have to say that fairy tale thing....Happy Land versus Evil land? What goes on?

My least favorite character.....I'm not sure....I guess I would say Kenny's older brother the advise he alwayz gave his brother was ridiculous..."My brother said......" At the same time it was funny too.

My favorite Non Cosby kid....BUD

I had a crush on Theo....I think He is one year older than me.....and every now and again.....Cockroach....UNTIL.....Allen Payne came on the scene as Lance.....Good Lord Allen Payne is fine!!!

Another episode that I like was when Olivia was sick and the Grand/Great Grandparents were giving remedies to cure her. Cliff said something like "......yeah it'll open her chest up to the Heavenly Gates."

Old 03-04-2002, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally posted by zetafg

Do you share your birthday with Tempestt? I know Malcolm's birthday is early in the greatest month....I'm the 26th ....but I don't remember if it is the same day as you.

My least favorite show.....I think I have to say that fairy tale thing....Happy Land versus Evil land? What goes on?

Yes TEMPESTT and I are LEOS together. I used to like Vanessa because we were the same age while the show was on but she lost me from Afro days on, especially the whole DABNIS BRICKEY thing.

That is my least favorite episode of the 8 seasons that Cosby was on the air. As I mentioned, I saw it when they first aired it and to this day, I don't watch it.

I forgot about LANCE & SLY!!

In conclusion, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY 5

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 03-04-2002 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
I met Allen Payne a few years ago at a BBQ that my cousin had and he is/was really nice and down to earth.

Now I met Arthur...aka... Slide a few years ago as well. Guess what he was doing? Ok I will tell ya. He was my waiter at a local restaurant where I was having dinner.

Be Breezy - Calvin from "House of Payne"
Old 03-04-2002, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll be a Nick at Night wathcin' fool this week, 'cause I love me some Cosby. I want my kids to watch some of the episodes too because it's such good black-family wholesome programming, that really lacks on the air these days.

WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE COSBY KID? Denise (we were alot alike at that age...girlfriend lost me though on Diff. World)

WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE NON COSBY KID? Vanessa's friend who talked so fast all the time. She had be crackin' up. I don't remember her name. I've wonder what she ended up doing after Cosby.

WHAT WERE YOUR FAVORITE EPISODES? All of them

In college, guys would try and make dates with us to come by and watch Cosby together.

Mushond Lee played the character Slide. He went to Howard while I was there (2nd Floor, HU Towers). He was cool.