GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 308,233
Threads: 114,834
Posts: 2,159,720
Welcome to our newest member, hguielu
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #106  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
blondebabe8 blondebabe8 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 136
shirley, i wasnt lying it was a misunderstanding on your part
  #107  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,122
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*

  #108  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:53 PM
blondebabe8 blondebabe8 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
Please make a point of telling him or her that. It will make you look real smart!
look it up if you dont believe me! you are so dumb barbie hahahhahahah
  #109  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Alumiyum Alumiyum is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 2,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebabe8 View Post
OH MY GOD. THIS PISSED ME OFF THE MOST.

1-they do want me. the rush chairs said they are waiting for me to get their grade up and next semester they said "you will obviously get a bid". i know for a fact id get in. end of story.

2-i wouldnt be rushing with the 2.12. if i take summer classes it would be a 2.45.

3-i have a great attitude and everyone always says how positive i am

4-QUESTIONING MY INTELLIGENCE? BASED OFF OF HOW I WRITE ON HERE??? REALLY? maybe i should email you an essay ive written. THEN tell me how great of a writer i am. jesus christ. i cant believe you even said that. im writing on here to get my point and feelings across. not to project my intelligence...you have no idea how smart i am. do you not understand that my GPA does not reflect that?

5-i have no record of skipping class. no where does it say that..

6-i could handle being in a sorority. in fact, it would make my grades better.
Let me start by advising you to step away from the computer if you are getting this worked up. It's completely unnecessary. And silly.

You are not Greek. The majority of us are, and the majority of us can tell you that bid promising (which, by the way, is against the rules) often ends in disappointment. One girl or a handful of girls cannot speak for the chapter, nor can they guarantee that you will get a bid a semester from now. You do not know for a fact that you will "get in", and acting as though you do will not only hurt your chances, it will lead to disappointment should you not get in.

Whether or not you take summer classes, you have a 2.12 right now. You, yourself have explained this dismal GPA this way:
"i have a 2.12 because i never studied. might sound dumb but i didnt stufy because i had NO friends in college and my roommate was a lesbian and i had disgusting horrible severe acne all over that would prevent me from going to classes or the library..i skipped so many classes cuz of that jesus..and i just cant study in my dorm. she always blasted music and yeah bc of the acne i just isolated myself. but its better and im clear now. and yeah i do worst in school when i have no friends because i get depressed and cant concentrate on school work. when my social life is good my academics are too"

All of these excuses are indicators that you are not ready for the responsibility of a sorority on top of your academics. I also suggest you find someone (either a professional or a trusted adult) to talk to about the fact that your academic success depends on your social life and your acne.

As for your attitude, you have shown it to be...unattractive...on this site. Sure, you might be more pleasant in person, but I suggest an attitude adjustment all around.

For the issue of skipping class, see your above post where you talk about the numerous skipped classes.

As for your intelligence, please, please do not send me an essay. Intelligent people sometimes make bad grades, it's true, but if you are real and what you have said is true intelligence (whether you have it or not) is not the issue. Maturity is.

Lastly, you do not seem to have a good grasp on what a sorority is or does. It will not give you instant best friends, nor will it make your grades better. YOU create and maintain friendships and YOU are responsible for your grades.
__________________
IIII IIII IIII

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx
  #110  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Barbie's_Rush Barbie's_Rush is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Madam Alexander House
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebabe8 View Post
oh my point #5? yes i skipped class, i meant that its not noted or recorded anywhere that i did though so that wouldnt matter.
Honey, it's reflected in your shitty GPA.
  #111  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:56 PM
blondebabe8 blondebabe8 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 136
i am greek. and barbie what is reflected in my gpa?
  #112  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:58 PM
blondebabe8 blondebabe8 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 136
alumiyum...i cant even express to you how wrongly you have read me. YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME? YOU DONT. AT ALL. WHO YOU THINK I AM IS NOT WHO I AM AT ALL. you cant jusdge me like that u dont know me
  #113  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:59 PM
blondebabe8 blondebabe8 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 136
and i do completely understand friendships take work. but being in a sorority would give me the boost i need..a good starting place for that
  #114  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:59 PM
blondebabe8 blondebabe8 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 136
and it would make my grades better because my social life would be better
  #115  
Old 06-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Alumiyum Alumiyum is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 2,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebabe8 View Post
i am greek. and barbie what is reflected in my gpa?
I have nothing to do but feed the troll. So...

According to you, you are not in a sorority. Therefore, you are not Greek. On a website about Greek life, it follows that "Greek" does not mean "from Greece or of Greek descent".

Hazarding a guess at Barbie's intent, your GPA is very bad. Whether or not there is a "record" of your numerous skipped classes, your GPA indicates you did not go to class. Also, if you are as well acquainted with sorority members on campus as you claim to be it is unlikely that your less than stellar academic track record has escaped notice.

Good lord child, I neither know you nor want to know you. You've given us plenty of information about yourself, so if you dislike the reaction you're getting it's your own fault.

And again, it is extremely troubling that you cannot succeed academically unless you have what you perceive to be a successful social life. I highly suggest you find a professional or adult to talk to about this issue as it is not normal.
__________________
IIII IIII IIII

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx

Last edited by Alumiyum; 06-08-2011 at 12:02 AM.
  #116  
Old 06-08-2011, 12:00 AM
blondebabe8 blondebabe8 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 136
and i am so mature..you have no idea. way beyond my years
  #117  
Old 06-08-2011, 12:01 AM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,122
LET ME SEE YOU DOO DOO BROWN
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*

  #118  
Old 06-08-2011, 12:01 AM
blondebabe8 blondebabe8 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 136
by saying im greek i meant that its in me..i would be a great sorority girl.
  #119  
Old 06-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Barbie's_Rush Barbie's_Rush is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Madam Alexander House
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebabe8 View Post
and i am so mature..you have no idea. way beyond my years
Classic.
  #120  
Old 06-08-2011, 12:02 AM
DeltaBetaBaby DeltaBetaBaby is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: ILL-INI
Posts: 7,176
Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Why are you still here?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GPA requirement concordancevr Recruitment 2 09-27-2009 08:20 PM
GPA Requirement to get into a Sorority polkadotpink46 Recruitment 23 07-24-2008 06:35 PM
GPA Requirement loveMandieLee Recruitment 4 03-20-2008 12:52 PM
gpa requirement? apohopeful Alpha Phi Omega 5 12-19-2005 10:01 AM
GPA requirement DOVE1920 Zeta Phi Beta 13 08-06-2001 02:48 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.