GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,252
1 members and 2,251 guests
Xidelt

Old 09-08-2011, 07:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Best wishes for another great year! I knew which school you were at as soon Istarted reading as I remember hearing stories about your school's system from friends who were in sororities and fraternities there in the 90s. Your group has a great history and your founders would no doubt be proud of everything you girls are doing to keep it thriving!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-08-2011, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I am excited to hear more about your wonderful progress. After the last recruitment class are you now at par with the other clubs?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so glad we get another GATA installment! How many of last year's members are returning this year? And where are you size-wise compared to the other social clubs?
Old 09-08-2011, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Aww, you guys are so awesome, thanks for all the support and encouragement!

@Mevara: We aren't the same size as the bigger clubs still, but we have generated a LOT more interest this year.

@OPhiAGinger: We had about 5 graduate and 2 are inactive this year so we have roughly 40 members, which is about 1/3 of the big clubs' size, but...

Our first rush was on Tuesday and it was Red, White and You (our colors are red and white and it was patriotic themed, I was the Statue of Liberty) we had over 80 girls come and tonight we had another rush which was Red Hot Fiesta (I went as a salsa dancer) where about the same amount of girls came (give or take some) and a lot of them were return rushees! The big clubs made cuts today so there were quite a few girls that said they were really excited about GATA now and even a lot of girls who want us as their first choice! Coming from a pledge class of 7 girls, 5 initiated, this is SO EXCITING! Like I seriously wanna cry tears of joy and giddyness all at the same time, haha. I'm so ready for this pledge class, I have a feeling it's gonna be amazing.

Our next rush is Monday and it's BLACK LIGHT PAINT PARTY again, so we're expecting even more girls at that rush. This one is all about having fun and showing rushees that we know how to have a good time. And our last rush is next Thursday and is more special and it's Pajamas and Pearls again as well (and the big clubs will have made more cuts by then, too).

Bid Day is Thursday, the 22nd, and Bid Night is Friday, the 23rd. So, once again I'll keep you posted! And on Bid Day I will post a pic of the new pledge class full of beautiful baby Flames!!!

(PS) Just to tell you guys what we're working with, 230 girls are registered to pledge. Of course, some girls won't pledge because they don't get their first choice but that's still a lot of girls to think about!

Last edited by BeeVee; 09-11-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

So we just had our 3rd rush (paint party) and it was a total blast! Only about 40 girls signed in but I swear there were more than that there, haha! It was so much fun and we heard so many good things from the girls that came, so hopefully turn out for Thursday's rush will be even better than the last 3!

Tonight after leaving the rush and hearing girls saying they've decided they want us as their first choice or are seriously considering us literally made me want to cry. I just can't believe this is really happening! I can't even come up with the words to describe this feeling other than "WOW"!

Once again, I'll keep you posted as the process continues.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
Tonight after leaving the rush and hearing girls saying they've decided they want us as their first choice or are seriously considering us literally made me want to cry. I just can't believe this is really happening! I can't even come up with the words to describe this feeling other than "WOW"!
Isn't it awesome to know that all of your hard work is paying off? That part of recruitment is always my favorite.

I can't wait to hear your outcomes this year!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
This is so awesome.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Alright, so tonight was our last rush and it went pretty fantastic I must say. The bigger clubs made final cuts today so a lot of girls came to this rush either for the first time to meet us and see if they still wanted to pledge or with a firm decision that they wanted us now.

So, like I mentioned this last rush was Pajamas and Pearls just like last year's last rush and we had it in the same beautiful house we did last year and I dressed as Baby Spice PJ'd out, pigtails and all. We had some members get up and share the reasons they chose/love the club and some members got up in true sleepover fashion and told some funny and embarrassing stories, it was so much fun! We had about 60 girls or so sign in! Even as a member this rush made me fall in love with my club even more, haha.

There were girls telling us tonight that they're nervous they're not gonna get bids from us because the word is a lot of girls are wanting us. And one girl even told us she thinks we're going to cap and have a full pledge class this year. I know I've said this a lot in this thread but I just can't believe all of this is real, haha. And the girls that are telling us we're their first choice are such amazing girls and I want them to be my future sisters, which is such a great sign already.

We are voting on girls on Sunday night and then rushees rank again sometime next week. If they've been cut from a club, they obviously can't rank them, so we'll see how everything turns out.

BUT... The rushees had to rank the other day and the people in charge of Social Clubs aren't allowed to tell us numbers, but they told us we were doing really well so we actually have to seriously vote on girls this year! SO CRAZY, haha.

So, again, I'll keep you posted. Next Thursday bids go out and Friday we'll know for absolutely sure how many new baby Flames we have with us! <3 I LOVE MY CLUB! (And you guys for all the encouragement and uplifting support.)

Last edited by BeeVee; 09-16-2011 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

So glad to hear that things are going so well. Definitely keep us posted.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
There were girls telling us tonight that they're nervous they're not gonna get bids from us because the word is a lot of girls are wanting us. And one girl even told us she thinks we're going to cap and have a full pledge class this year.
Can you only hand out so many bids like quota or can you hand out as many bids until you are at total?
Old 09-16-2011, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

It's stories like this that illustrate how one good rush can turn a club, a local, or an NPC sorority around and allow them to be highly competitive! Congrats BeeVee!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

@Mevara: The way our bids work, which may be very similar to yours I'm just not sure, is that we vote Sunday on girls we want and we are allowed unlimited yes votes (bigger clubs are only allowed 60 yes votes each round, I believe) and then next week the rushees rank one final time. So then the Social Club Office pairs the first choice girls that we say yes to and then if we don't have 52 girls yet they go on to who put us as their second choice. We cannot exceed 52 though so I wonder what might happen if we max out with first choicers. I guess it's probably unrealistic to think there would be a tie between girls that far down the list, surely by number 52 some girls may have no votes from members... But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next Thursday when bids go out, haha.

This whole process is so crazy and new to me just because we've never really had to vote on girls like this before. It's kind of a daunting task if you think about it, but exciting at the same time because that means all our hard work over the past two years is paying off. Woohoo!

Last edited by BeeVee; 09-16-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

It's a good conundrum to have to deal with. That last voting and who you put "on your first bid list" can be a real trick, but you'll figure it out over time and with practice.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I lied. The actual cap is 53 girls, haha. I guess we just didn't know the official number yet or it changed after I posted last. So, I just got home from voting and I am so ready for Bids to go out now. I just want to know who my new baby (future) sisters are going to be already, haha. This is such an invigorating feeling. I really feel like we're gonna do it this year, but as always I'll have to let you know whenever I know. Love you all dearly and this week is about to get CRAZY!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:02 AM
GreekChat Member

So glad to hear that you guys are doing so well. This is the way to move back into competition, BeeVee. You "cap out" this year, then next year, women will be coming to you BEFORE the other clubs cut them to make sure they don't ruin their chances. It's all very exciting!!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!