GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,281
0 members and 2,281 guests
No Members online

Old 08-09-2009, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Opportunity for Writers

I really hope this doesn't sound too spammy--If it does, I understand if it gets deleted...but I just wanted to share a cool website that a co-worker showed me. It's called DemandStudios.com. It's basically a pay-per-article freelance writing website.

In order to apply, you have to fill out a form and send them a writing sample. (Also, you do have to send your SSN because if you make over $600 in the year, they need it for tax purposes). If they like your writing sample, they will approve you, then you are free to write for them. You get to look in this database with thousands of topics that they want articles for, and when you find one you like, you "claim" it, and you have a week to write it. When you sumbit it, it will be edited by some of their staff writers. If it's good, it will be published, and you get paid! If not you have to do a re-write, which you have three days to do. When it get's published, I believe it gets sent out to things like "eHow" or "about.com".

I definitely don't think that this can take the place of a full time job or anything like that, but I definitely think it helps in making a few extra bucks. The short 200-300 word articles are $5 a piece, and the longer ones are $15.

There's a lot more information that I am forgetting at the moment, but it's all on the website. And yes it's completely safe and not a scam. I unfortunately haven't had too much time to spend on it because of work, but I have already written two articles, both were accepted, and I recieved payment into my PayPal account.

I know I really sound like one of those gimicky internet jobs, but it is completely legitimate. I'm hoping it can help me make $25-50 a week while I'm at school.

So, at least check it out! It's www.demandstudios.com