GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,215
0 members and 2,215 guests
No Members online

Old 09-12-2002, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I was in fourth grade and the class had desks in groups of four...two facing two. Well we were doing something and I dropped my pencil on the ground and sideways-leaned over to scoop it up when...I tooted. It wasn't a loud one but loud enough that everyone in my group heard. They all started laughing saying, "Amy farted" and I looked at them like they were crazy and said, "What do you mean I farted...it was ____ next to me...I SWEAR" It got so bad that I sorta rubbed it in blaming it totally on the guy next to me. How humiliating!

Hootie
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-12-2002, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to thetakates
In my German class there are these two guys that I have known since my freshman year. (When you are a German minor at my school you have classes with all the same people) Well anyways, these guys are nuts (good nuts ) and they are always talking about the weekend and how drunk they got and stuff well this one particular day was a Monday and the night before they had gotten really drunk. The one was talking about how he had the beer poops that night and then he starts talking about how he was so drunk he fell off the toilet and pooped down his leg. His roommate was telling how he could bring pictures in and show them to the class my teacher could hardly teach that day because she was laughing so hard!
Old 09-13-2002, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

In my daughters OWN words!

but meanwhile there is this smelly kid in my psych class that makes me think of pig pen from charlie brown. and the worst part about it is that i have to go from acct in ceba to psych in locket...aka the 10 min that they alot for walking to class....well i take like 12 and i haul a** (ME) across the campus... it sucks really bad. so anyway the only way to get into class when that happens is to go in through the back well ofcourse who wants to sit by teh smelly so the only seats left are in the back around the smelly kid. so every m.w. adn f. i have to sit by teh SMELLY kid for like an hour....it sucks

I think this guy must REALLY SMELL!
Made me think of Phoebe's Smelly Cat Song! LOL!
Old 09-13-2002, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Dr. Riely, My Law Prof. who I was drinking with the night before a test the next day came in in an kicked out 5 No Neck Josks out as were seen drinking in a bar the night before!

One spoe up and said well Earp was there and to that Dr Riely said and yes, we were dissusing law!

Same Law Proff. on one of my tests wrote, Mr. Earp if Bullshit was worth a grade, you would get an A + but you must site cases so therefore for your attempt, I give you a C!

Dam Was I Happy! He was the John Housemann of my era and I mean for reeal!

Upon Graduation, I was invited to his house for Cocktails and finger food! Along with my guest! That was a honor!

My dad ask him what kind of student I was, and he said Mr. Earp, you do not want to know!

Gawd I could write a book but who would want to read it!
I thought about writing a book about my Fraternity Days! Nope, dum ass me!

Animal House!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-13-2002, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Fewdfreak
My sophomore year of high school I passed out in chemistry class because I was standing too close to the bunsen burner jet... really embarassing!

This year, in one of my classes, I have this really cool/funny professor that always is messing with his hair, and the other day it was hot, and he was running his hands through his hair and the middle stuck up like a mohawk, and it was like that for a while, and he didn't notice. Meanwhile, everyone was laughing, it was a a little humor in a long day... Today in that same class (big lecture) there were two girls in back of me, and one girl was like "I didn't even make it to my 8:00, because I didn't get back to the dorm until 9:30." they were talking, and the one girl was pretty drunk/hungover, and I heard this burp, and you could hear stuff coming up, and I turned around and she had her hand over her mouth. She didn't end up throwing up, but I think she swallowed it because they went over and sat next to the door after that.

L.
Old 09-14-2002, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Last week in my ag extention and education class we were discussing the study abroad trip that our department takes to Australia and New Zealand. Well one of the guys, Tim, was sharing about the fun things that went on this year. All of a sudden he gives our prof who goes on the trip a look. Our prof looks at Tim, nods and says it's ok, so Tim starts sharing about how he got to hump two kangaroos well on the trip. My poor jaw must have hit the floor as well as the guy next to me, Kelly, who's from Chicago. The two of us looked at each other like did we hear that right. So Kelly raises his hand asks Tim to repeat himself, and again he says "I got to hump a kangaroo, actually two!" This time everyone start laughing. Appearantly we weren't the only ones who heard poor Tim wrong. It turns out he got to hunt kangaroos, not hump them LOL

Needless to say the whole class and our prof all laughed at the misunderstanding.
Old 09-14-2002, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
While in our Art of Poetry class we were discussing a Sharon Olds poem Last Night (a rather discriptive poem) a comment was made..."I think the poem is just about rough sex"
Followed by hysterical laughter from our side of the classroom!!
Old 09-15-2002, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

This just happend last Thursday. I was sitting through this boring lecture and next I felt someone tapping my shoulder (I dosed off). I opened my eyes to see EVERYONE staring and laughing at me, then my prof gave me a lecture for falling asleep and not taking notes. I was kind of embarrassed and whenever I get embarrassed I have giggling fits, so we all were laughing for like the next 10 minutes. It was a cycle that day because I dosed of several other times. My prof was pissed.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 11-18-2003, 02:26 AM
GreekChat Member

*bump*
Old 11-18-2003, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

In the biggest classroom at CSU (maybe holds around 200-275?), I had a class every dubbed "sex class" (psychology of human sexuality). In the middle of class one day, this guy comes in, completely naked, but wearing a gas mask, painted in black from his head to about mid-thigh, runs up to the front of the class, does a little dance, and runs out the other door. Everyone was silent for about thirty seconds, and then we all laughed for like five minutes. The prof laughed so hard he was crying, and then sweared that he didn't plan it (we had recently studied people who are into that stuff).
Old 11-18-2003, 12:39 PM

My senior year capstone class was located in a 400 person lecture hall. The professor was not only boring but he was also completely monotone. My friend managed to fall asleep during every class.
So, we're sitting close to the front. We figured that maybe if she sat closer it would keep her from sleeping. No such luck. She fell asleep again. Well, you know how you'll sometimes get muscle spasms while sleeping and you'll jerk your arms or legs? My friend had a huge muscle spasms. She kicked the guy's seat in front of her (HARD), her textbooks land on the floor with a THUD, and she knocked her soft drink all over the girl sitting on the other side of her. By this point, the professor stopped teaching to see what the commotion was. The whole class was staring at her. She started blotting paper towels on the girl's shirt while saying, "Dude, I am SOOOO sorry." Funniest thing ever!

Last edited by ZTAngel; 11-18-2003 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

1) Subtle but funny: one of my favorite Pikas brought a six-pack to writing class, popped open the first one & quietly drank the entire six-pack. He then stood up and walked out. With a completely straight face, the professor said, "Was it something I said?"

2) Freshman year, Psych class (500+ lecture hall). During the final, the professor wrote, "SHOW YOUR ID WHEN YOU TURN IN YOUR TEST!" Thinking Freudian, I thought to myself, "show your id? Is he crazy?" I kept watching the people who turned in their tests go out into the hall with the professor, and thought, "Oh, they're showing him there!" When I finally got up enough nerve to turn in my test, he smiled & said, "That's okay, I've seen you here enough." I went back to my sorority suite, ranting about the pervert psych teacher who wanted us to show our ids! One of the seniors burst out laughing, and said, "Show your I-D, Honey, your ID Card!!"

Did I mention that I used to bleach my hair blonde?

3) Same year, I was giving a tour to a group of prospective students. I had just lost a lot of weight, so I had put on my pantihose, then my panties (to hold them up). Well, I was talking about the ceiling in the one room, and when I was gesturing toward it, I heard some snickering. My bright pink panties were down around my knees!
Old 11-18-2003, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a class in the largest lecture hall on campus. One day while the middle aged female professor was going on and on (making us all fall asleep...), there was a commotion in one of the ailes. I look over and a streaker had just run through the ailes to the front, where he proceeded to do jumping jacks wearing nothing but a mask! Afterwards, a large group in the back got up and left leading us to think that it was a frat prank the actives dared a pledge to do. The best part was that the prof. was so distracted by it, she couldn't get it out of her mind for the rest of the time. Streakers aren't always original but it was hilarious to us and brightened up a dull lecture!
Old 11-18-2003, 01:57 PM

I took a Roman history class during my freshman year. The prof was British and had the sarcastic streak that goes with it.

We had one listener in the class. Our midterm exam was held during a regular lecture hour halfway through the semester. The listener forgot that it was midterm day and showed up for what he thought would be a lecture... half an hour late. Everyone burst out laughing when he walked in, especially those who didn't know he was a listener. So he decided that, since he was there, he'd take a stab at the test in the remaining half hour.

The following week, the prof had our tests graded and ready to return to us. He started out by saying, "As some of you may be aware, we have a listener in this class. He arrived half an hour into the exam hour. He probably did not spend hours upon hours studying for the exam. He still received a C. Now, twenty of you also received C's. Fifteen of you received D's, and four received F's. Now, this gentleman is a listener, which implies that he actually listens during lecture. It would behoove the rest of you to begin to do the same!"
Old 11-18-2003, 02:06 PM

Here's another couple. I wasn't actually present for these, but they're good.

1. This took place in a lecture hall. A certain troublemaker sat down in the aisle seat in the very last row. The prof was writing something on the blackboard, so she had her back to the students. He dropped a ping-pong ball down the aisle. It bounced on each step, poink - poink - poink. She didn't miss a beat in her lecture, and when the ball reached the bottom, she said without turning around, "I believe you have dropped something, Mr. Smith."

2. This was also in a lecture hall, one of those halls where the seats are set at a steep angle. One student in this class was completely bald. Someone came in and sat directly behind him. Because of the angle of the seats, the bald man's head was just at desk height for the guy behind him. During the lecture, the guy behind the bald man reached into his bag, pulled out a gigantic red and white checked napkin, and tied it around his neck. He then pulled out a serving spoon and tapped it in the air around the bald man's head as if you were cracking open an egg. He mimed shaking salt and pepper, then picked up the spoon and proceeded to "eat" the "egg". Everyone else, including the lecturer, was ROTFL, but the bald man was completely oblivious!