GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,445
1 members and 1,444 guests
No Members online

Old 04-02-2016, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to rileykae
IrishPipes - The non discrimination toward LBGT is because that is honestly part of the reason I believe I was asked to depledge (because I am in that community), and I want everyone to feel accepted and not fear losing out of something like I did. I also added (after stating the acceptance of said community in particular) that race, gender, sexuality and age (after collegiate of course) are things that do not matter in one's fact of joining/participating, so I figured that would encompass the other groups, although I may go back and state it in a way that encompasses humanity as a whole.

I understand and will consider your point about a volunteer chat board (though the site right now is tumblr based), and that makes more sense because there's many causes and different ways people can contribute to them. My point of attaching the letters and related was to form a sense of identity and to provide the comfort that even those who may not 'fit in' traditional Greek organizations (whether service/social, national or local) may still find a home and a place to make connections.

Speaking to DGTess' point of a curiosity with an online sisterhood, social media these days allows us to interact in some many life changing ways. I'd be hoping that whoever decides to give this organisation a try would be willing to communicate via twitter/tumblr/facebook/snapchat/skype or email. Phone numbers of course could be exchanged, and apps like WhatsApp allowing for international communication. Around the holidays, we could do secret santa or simple holiday cards like the few band fanclubs I'm in. Penpals could also be a thing if we wanted to be old fashioned. events and planning could be coordinated around regions of the members, or online campaigns could be made with gofundme or kickstarter. I'm sure other things could come up and we'd figure them out as we go, that is if anyone even finds interest in this.

As I said before, if nothing comes from this, I could atleast use the main page for posts about the joys of offering time to a cause you believe in and the inner peace that comes with creating bonds through strong communication.

I hope I'm starting to explain this in a way everyone reading can understand the reasons behind wanting to do it - although I know this most likely won't turn out anywhere near how I'm thinking it will, I'm still going to give this a shot.

That being side, I am considering everything being said and trying to respond gently to it - I hope none of my responses come across in a manner as anything less than courteous. (not sure if I'm wording this right, but I meant that I hope everything I say is in the right tone and is polite given the context.)
Old 04-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Are you in the USA? Because there are established LGTB Greek organizations in the US.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 04-09-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

RileyKae graciously answered this and other questions in her thread announcing her Greek org. Thanks RK.