GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,344
3 members and 2,341 guests
ForeverAOII, PGD-GRAD, saphqueen

Old 08-28-2010, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

ok, so I got my schedule today. I'm not gonna lie, I am pretty disappointed. Chuck and Captain Awesome dropped me. I'm more or less OK with not having Chuck, though I have met some really great Chucks, but I'm really really sad about Captain Awesome. I got along SO well with my girl last night, so this was kind of a huge blow. But Lester and Anna still invited me back, and I did really enjoy my time with Lester last night. I'm trying really hard to focus on the positives right now. Lester is a fantastic house, full of great girls, so I am truly happy they invited me back. Anna is also a great house, though I still haven't felt that click yet. Well, we'll see what happens later!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-28-2010, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Bummer! Continue on and see where it leads you. There has been more then one girl who has had their opinion completely changed at preference. Good luck to you and let us know how it turns out.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

today is actually slideshow/video day.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, my bad! I thought you were further along in the process for some reason. Today will be fun! Enjoy yourself!
Old 08-28-2010, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Remember, it only takes 1! And, the judgments you have made so far have been very superficial. That's not personal - it's just the system of formal recruitment! You've talked to, what, 6 or 8 girls at each house, out of 100+? This magical "click" doesn't always happen, but doesn't mean that you will have any less special a sorority life in front of you. So go in with a fresh pair of eyes and be open to making friends where you find them. I wish you the best of luck. Preference parties are very special and should give you some insight.

I have begun to wonder what would happen if all the PNMs were just randomly split up. It very possibly wouldn't be far off what happens anyway. And there probably wouldn't be much difference in retention either. Anyway, that's a thought for another day.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

sorry, my bad too. But the same still applies.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I know, and I do plan on going in as optimistically I can (which is usually pretty darned optimistically), but right now I'm not going to lie and say that I'm pleased that Captain Awesome dropped me. I am really happy about Lester (and totally willing to give Anna another shot), but my other emotions are stifling that a little right now. I'd love to be able to flip a switch and be over it, but I'm not. I keep telling myself to focus on the positives, and it's more or less working. My first party isn't for a while, so I should be much less of a mess by then. I guess it's not so much Captain Awesome's rejection that stings as the put-together rejection of all of the houses that I liked who turned me down. I am still trusting that I will end up where I belong, be it Lester or Anna, or the newly colonized house.

I have truly liked every woman I've met, albeit I've gotten along better with some than with others, but I honestly can't think of any other way to "pass judgment" on these houses than measuring how well I get along with the girls. I assure you, that is far more important to me than how nice the house is or whether it's a "top" house (if it weren't, I'd be way more devastated about Chuck, believe me). I plan on going in with an open mind today hoping to fall in love with both houses (and for them to fall in love with me, ideally ).
Old 08-28-2010, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

ok, I feel so overly hormonal right now, because I'm on a total high right now. I was walking back to my dorm and I was thinking to myself, "life is perfect right now." I don't know, I was just in a good mood.

I've only had one party so far, Anna, I don't go to Lester until 6:20, the last party of the day. Anna is really growing on me. I wasn't as ecstatic coming out of there as I have been at other parties, but it was more of a quiet contentment. I still haven't felt that overwhelming click I've felt at other houses (who have cut me :/), but I didn't feel as out of place as I have before. I guess the best way to put it is like I wrote earlier, it's growing on me.

Still quite excited for Lester tonight!
Old 08-28-2010, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeb View Post
ok, I feel so overly hormonal right now, because I'm on a total high right now. I was walking back to my dorm and I was thinking to myself, "life is perfect right now." I don't know, I was just in a good mood.

I've only had one party so far, Anna, I don't go to Lester until 6:20, the last party of the day. Anna is really growing on me. I wasn't as ecstatic coming out of there as I have been at other parties, but it was more of a quiet contentment. I still haven't felt that overwhelming click I've felt at other houses (who have cut me :/), but I didn't feel as out of place as I have before. I guess the best way to put it is like I wrote earlier, it's growing on me.

Still quite excited for Lester tonight!
Im so glad that Anna is growing on you. Sometimes it just takes some time to fall in love with a chapter Cant wait to hear about Lester!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

so. Lester. I loved it! I felt so at home there, I literally had a little dance party in my seat with my rusher during the slideshow. We were singing along to all the songs, and it was just a blast. I really enjoyed it. I can definitely see myself being happy here, so I'm going to hope against all hopes that they don't cut me.

About Anna... I've been doing some thinking. They will most likely participate in informal recruitment, along with the newly colonized sorority, so if things don't work out between me and Lester, I think I'm going to check them both out at informal. I don't want to concretely say no or yes to Anna at this point, I still feel like I need more time. But we'll see how I feel after pref tomorrow.

I didn't make any cuts again, since pref is two houses.

Agh I hope I get to go back to them both!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Just the fact that you are having a Chuck themed recruitment gets me so excited. I don't know a lot of people who love Chuck the way I do! Zachary Levi Pugh (sigh!)
Old 08-29-2010, 03:45 AM
GreekChat Member

You do now! I love Chuck, and really miss it. I can get it online, but it's really not the same. And that reminds me, I need to go in search of another season on disk.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I rarely get emotionally involved in recruitment stories after so many years of reading them. However, you have such a good attitude about recruitment, seem very down to earth and focused on making good choices for yourself and I find myself really hoping that you have a successful recruitment. In fact, I'm not liking that there is a three hour time difference here and by the time we can even find out your results, I will have to be sound asleep! The best of luck to you!
Old 08-29-2010, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I appreciate all your support, I really do.

I just got back from my meeting with my RC. I was only invited back to Anna. I might as well let the cat out of the bag and say that Anna is Alpha Chi Omega. I'm happy that A Chi O still wants me to keep coming back, but at the same time, I'm really devastated. Every time I fall in love with a house, they cut me. I can't help but wonder what I did wrong when every time I'd walk out of a house feeling on top of the world, I'd only be cut later. I'm trying to keep telling myself that it's not really my fault, because there were SO many girls going through recruitment this year, but deep down I can't help but feel like I must have some huge flaw that I don't know about.

Like I've said before, I'm still not completely sold on AXO, and I am still planning to participate in informal recruitment. From my understanding, AXO usually participates in it, and the sister I was talking to yesterday told me that they graduated two huge senior classes the past two years, so I'm guessing they will be participating. I will attend pref, but in all likelihood, I will participate in informal recruitment with AXO, SDT, and also apparently ADChi, which is brand new here this year, plus any other houses that don't make quota (though I'm guessing most of them will).

Once again, I'd like to thank all of you for your support, I really truly appreciate it.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

So did you drop out or are you going to pref?

A note about ADChi, they cater to a specific type of woman, which may or may not interest you. In other words, it's not a substitute for NPC sororities, just different.

Last edited by violetpretty; 08-29-2010 at 10:52 AM.