GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,199
0 members and 2,199 guests
No Members online

Old 08-02-2009, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Post summer school GPA

Am I wrong, or does a classes taken during the summer have no affect on the GPA. I have over heard girls (at my local university) who don't have a strong GPA suggesting that, a good grade achieved during the summer session before formal recruitment maybe added to the submitted gpa to bring it up, thus making your GPA better. I don't think this is true, but you all will probably know more than me.

Jen has a 2.8 GPA when transferring to Apple State University. This is the GPA she fill out on her recruitment registration. Jen attends the first summer session at Apple State, taking two classes and receiving very good grades in each of them. Recruitment is still 2 months away, can Jen contact the Panhel Assoc. to update her GPA?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-02-2009, 02:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txchrissy View Post
Am I wrong, or does a classes taken during the summer have no affect on the GPA. I have over heard girls (at my local university) who don't have a strong GPA suggesting that, a good grade achieved during the summer session before formal recruitment maybe added to the submitted gpa to bring it up, thus making your GPA better. I don't think this is true, but you all will probably know more than me.

Jen has a 2.8 GPA when transferring to Apple State University. This is the GPA she fill out on her recruitment registration. Jen attends the first summer session at Apple State, taking two classes and receiving very good grades in each of them. Recruitment is still 2 months away, can Jen contact the Panhel Assoc. to update her GPA?
I think it depends on the school and how/when they computer GPA and when recruitment happens. For example our summer school grades are due August 25, even if the class ended in June they aren't official and computed until after that day. Bid day is the 19th, so it would have no effect here. If the grades will be official and on her Apple State transcript, and in most cases they are added to the cumulative transfer credits, it may be worth contacting the Greek Life office.

I would talk to the registrar's office and find out when they are officially computer, and find out if the GPA starts over or is computer with transfer credits. My school stops computer transfer credits with institutional credits once 54 credits are reached, and every school is different.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txchrissy View Post

I'm not sure how it is at most schools, but at mine if you are prompt with turning in your paperwork, your summer school grades can be added to your total college GPA before recruitment begins, provided you have previous college credit. However I am pretty sure that an incoming freshman with no college coursework would not be able to submit summer college work in place of a highschool GPA.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I should have made my self clearer and suggested that these girls would be, transfers, sophomores. Thanks for the response, this is very interesting. Before this post i just told them not to count on the boost from the summer classes. But its good to know that it maybe possible to add summer sessions to your GPA. This isn't something I would flat out tell them though, of course not. They shouldn't be wait until the session before recruitment to try to fix their grades! Thanks very much.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

It's probably best not to count on it, since I'm not sure how your school might deal with the issue (or they could just turn in the paperwork late). But I'm glad to have helped!