GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,069
2 members and 1,067 guests
indygphib, Sarak24034

Old 08-25-2017, 08:04 PM

I saw a Kappa Delta license plate frame on the rear of a car this afternoon. No plate in the frame, and I didn't see a temporary tag either. Very odd - some states don't require front license plates, but all states require rear plates.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:22 PM

And here I go, replying to my own post.

I saw a Delta Sigma Theta front plate on a car today.

Greeks are thick on the ground here, it seems.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Phi Mu written in greek letters on the interior Guest Signature Wall of a local restaurant.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Five Sigma Gamma Rhos decked out with hats, letter jackets, shirts, and tote bags, in the hallway outside my classroom when we took a break. Must have been at a meeting or event!
Old 11-13-2017, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Spotted a car with a Phi Sigma Phi decal on it. Apparently they were an off-shoot from Phi Sigma Epsilon when they merged with Phi Sigma Kappa.

There is also a gentleman at my workplace who is an Alpha Phi Alpha, judging from the decal on a car I see in the employee parking lot.

One of my former patient's daughters is a Zeta Tau Alpha at a small Christian college. I managed to embarrass myself when I spotted her letter shirt, but not what letters they were, when I was in the room, and in my incredibly sleep deprived state (over 36hrs without sleep), I mentioned to her that I saw she was wearing letters and asked "what are you?" I'd meant to ask what house she was in. Oh well. She was very sweet and we BS'd for a while.

I work on a post open-heart floor, and one of my patients was drinking from an AXiD Lilly tumbler. I asked her about it and she is an Alpha Xi Delta from a large state school, class of 1963! She was very involved with that chapter and with the Alumnae Panhellenic until her grandchildren were born, and she's since focused on her family and getting well after surgery. She even had a card on her desk sent by some of her pledge sisters!

I meet a lot of Greeks among my patients in nursing.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
I just tested myself and I was able to do it, but there was a some mental, "let's run the alphabet forwards to figure out what is before a specific letter."

OTOH, Given that Chi Omega's chapter ordering (Psi to Alpha, Psi Alpha to Alpha Alpha, Psi Beta to Alpha Beta, etc), it seems like a reasonable thing to expect pledges to learn.
Huh. So that is why Chi O's chapters are named the way they are. I'd always idly wondered but never really thought too hard on it. TIL
Old 12-08-2017, 11:05 PM

One of my coworkers, a man, came to work today wearing a sorority t-shirt. I asked him about it, and he told me a crazy story. I will not specify the sorority, except to say that it's an NPC sorority and it's not AEPhi.

One night when he was in college, he'd gone out drinking with a group of friends, mostly women. He has very little memory of the night - but he was told that, within 15 minutes of having a few sips of alcohol, he was plastered. He thinks he was roofied. He woke up the next morning on the couch in the apartment a few of his friends shared, and he found he was wearing this sorority shirt. He had apparently thrown up in every room of the apartment and ruined his own clothing in the process. It seems his friends were understanding and took care of him.

He was very forthcoming with the story. All I could say was "Oh my God." A lot. And then I changed the topic.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Schools here are in study mode; I've observed both Sigma Kappa and Chi Omega t-shirts being worn today at the library.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I know this isn't the exact right thread for this; but, I saw some ornaments on sale for 70% off at Macy's Home Store that the Alpha Xi Deltas might appreciate.

True and Constant
Old 12-31-2017, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Noticed a dual-school license plate cover at the mall promoting both Notre Dame and St Louis University, which reminded me I'd seen several dual-Divine Nine Group license plate covers in the past (each promoting both a fraternity and a sorority upon it).

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

(sorry for the double post, it's been awhile...)

On a recent warm day, a woman at the park wore her greek letter shirt while pushing a child in a stroller. I could read the "Alpha Sigma..." part of her shirt, but could not decipher whether the final letter was a "Tau" or a "Sigma" (and the greek letters were spaced far enough to the left to know there would have been a third letter).
Old 03-02-2018, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Disneyland seems to be the one place besides a university campus where I usually spot GLO letters on a jacket, sweatshirt or t-shirt. It also seems to me that it's mostly NPC group members that are enjoying their time at the Happiest Place on Earth.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post

On a recent warm day, a woman at the park wore her greek letter shirt while pushing a child in a stroller. I could read the "Alpha Sigma..." part of her shirt, but could not decipher whether the final letter was a "Tau" or a "Sigma" (and the greek letters were spaced far enough to the left to know there would have been a third letter).
Last letter could have been Sigma or could have been Alpha. Alpha Sigma Sigma isn't something that I'd expect except as a bad joke.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Driving home yesterday, the car in front of me had a Gamma Phi Omega baseball cap seen through the rear window. There isn't a chapter even remotely near here. And then a DPhiE drove up next to us.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
Last letter could have been Sigma or could have been Alpha. Alpha Sigma Sigma isn't something that I'd expect except as a bad joke.
Ach, my bad! So sorry! I DID mean Alpha, not Sigma. Perhaps a moderator could somehow correct/change the wording of my original 2/28/18 post? Thank you if you are able to do so.