GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,431
2 members and 1,429 guests
FSUZeta, PGD-GRAD

Old 04-30-2008, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Listen to your Mom, cover it up.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-30-2008, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bamagphibgirlie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
so, are you recommending that the pnm make every effort to cover her tattoo during recruitment?
Yeah i guess, I mean a good number of girls have tattoos on there foot there, really "try to hide it during rush" if a sorority women asks you about it tell her the truth, most will probably be understanding, if you donot want to go that road i guess you could lie and tell them its a bug bite/bruise/cut?

All i know is our rush chair makes our girls cover up their foot tattoos if they have them, and every other sorority i am sure is doing the same, so should the pnms
Old 04-30-2008, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagphibgirlie View Post
Yeah i guess, I mean a good number of girls have tattoos on there foot there, really "try to hide it during rush" if a sorority women asks you about it tell her the truth, most will probably be understanding, if you donot want to go that road i guess you could lie and tell them its a bug bite/bruise/cut?

All i know is our rush chair makes our girls cover up their foot tattoos if they have them, and every other sorority i am sure is doing the same, so should the pnms
I would think that the important part was that the PNM had the social awareness to cover it up; that she knows there is a different dress code for work and play.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't think it's really a big deal that you have a small tatoo on the top of your foot. Tatoos aren't my thing, but plenty of girls in my sorority have tatoos. In fact, when our exec. committee went to a leadership conference, a bunch of our leaders got our sorority's symbol tatooed on their bodies.

if its something you're proud of, don't go overboard to hide it. remember, you want to end up in a sorority that wants you for you, tatoo and all.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

wether you decide to hide it or show it, DON'T LIE about it under any condition. And personally if the tattoo is something that represents you as a person you'd want to be among people that accepts you for who you are because tey are your sisters they will always be your sisters!!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

no offense intended, labelle and lumines(and welcome to greekchat by the way), but unless you are either in an npc sorority at the university of alabama, or have certain knowledge about the ins and outs of npc recruitment at alabama, it is best to not tell the pnm to be proud of her tattoo and wear it as a badge of honor. at some schools, it is no big deal-at bama it can be.

the question was not whether she should get a tattoo,or what do we personally think about tattoos, but rather, would a prominent tattoo possibly hurt her chances of receiving a bid to a npc sorority at the university of alabama-two very different things.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WinniBug
I have skimmed through the pages, mainly looking for a picture of the tattoo, and didn't see one....but I would like to. :-)

I'm also not sure of what everyone else's responses were yet, but I'm sure that a small not weird tattoo on your foot would NOT hurt anyone's chances of getting into Zeta O...
wherever there is fun, there's ALWAYS ALPHA SIGMA!

Last edited by WinniBug; 06-06-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinniBug View Post
I'm also not sure of what everyone else's responses were yet, but I'm sure that a small not weird tattoo on your foot would NOT hurt anyone's chances of getting into Zeta O...that's kinda crazy.
I'm not sure of what Zeta O is (your sorority or the designation of your specific chapter of an NPC sorority, I'm guessing the latter), but unfortunately, Zeta O is not an NPC sorority at the University of Alabama.

It's often wise to read an entire thread before you post to it. Some internet forums actually require this.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WinniBug
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
I'm not sure of what Zeta O is (your sorority or the designation of your specific chapter of an NPC sorority, I'm guessing the latter), but unfortunately, Zeta O is not an NPC sorority at the University of Alabama.

It's often wise to read an entire thread before you post to it. Some internet forums actually require this.
Zeta Omega is the chapter of the NPC sorority I am a member of.
You don't have to get an attitude with me, I specifically stated that in MY chapter, it would not be a problem.
I didn't tell her what to do, or give her any advice about what to do, I simply commented.

And I didn't act like I knew everything that was going on, it was a DISCLAIMER that I hadn't yet read everyone else's opinions.
Calm down, please.
wherever there is fun, there's ALWAYS ALPHA SIGMA!

Old 06-06-2008, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinniBug View Post
Zeta Omega is the chapter of the NPC sorority I am a member of.
You don't have to get an attitude with me, I specifically stated that in MY chapter, it would not be a problem.
I didn't tell her what to do, or give her any advice about what to do, I simply commented.

And I didn't act like I knew everything that was going on, it was a DISCLAIMER that I hadn't yet read everyone else's opinions.
Calm down, please.
Oh, I'm very calm. Maybe when you get around to reading this thread you'll understand why it's not very helpful for you to offer up what YOUR chapter would do.