GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,438
1 members and 1,437 guests
PGD-GRAD
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink feeding the addiction.....

I have another update for the ladies (and any guys reading this! hehe). I just got back from my first DAY of Round 1. (there are *two* days of round 1....eek!) Anyway, after lunch we had another 'lounge' period.
Then we visited:
Delta Gamma
Chi Omega
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Omicron Pi

Tomorrow we are meeting in front of AEPhi...and although they gave us the list of houses that we're visiting, I didn't get a chance to write it down. I just know that it's the **rest** of the chapters at UF! (and we don't have any breaks)

I also met UF56 under the tent today. We figured out that we're in the same group...which is soo funny to me! We were talking about how nice all the 'GC ladies' are!

I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the chapters...it is going to be interesting going from house to house. There were times when I walked out of the house and I had to remind myself what house it was!! Then there were times when the girls would pass me off to each other...and that was a bit much sometimes. I really hit it off with some girls, but with other girls our conversation would just drag. Either way, I don't want to write off any of the houses just yet b/c I have a feeling that I might've been stuck with someone that just didn't *click* with me. I guess I'll have to figure that out.....IF they ask me back!

Anyway...thanks to everyone for being so supportive!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-19-2002, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Curlygirly, one suggestion is too keep a journal of your thoughts and impressions for each house. This will help you immensely to a) remember what house is what b) remember what you really liked c) remember names, possibly and d) remember your first impressions/gut instincts.

With such a crazy rush i really think this could help. It'll also be a great memento for you to look back on.

If you have any time between houses, just jot some reminders down on a scrap of paper if you can carry a purse or something. This will spike your memory when you go home later and think more detailed.

Best of luck!
Old 08-19-2002, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, this is so exciting! Have fun, and keep us posted!
Old 08-19-2002, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

about the Pi Chis...

I read in another thread that people wanted to hear about the Pi Chis......so here it goes.

Our Pi Chis wear bright orange safari hats, and they decorate them with patches, flowers, glitter....anything. Today they wore shirts that say Panhellenic Recruitment 2002, and denim...either shorts, skirts, or capris. They are so adorable. They carry around bags with food, mints, coffee filters, feminine products, anything. They keep telling us to call them on their cell phones if we need anything, and that they'll go to the store and buy us things we might need.

To pass time under the tents we ask questions or sing songs....basically things to entertain us. We wrote down questions on a sheet of paper, and they pull them out of a bag whenever we have down time and answer them. It's great, b/c you can write down the question that you were too afraid to ask in person...and get an answer indrectly.

Anyway...they've all been very helpful...and they tell the funniest stories to keep us all entertained.

Anything else you want to read about??? lol
Old 08-19-2002, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, that sounds so cool!

Here's what I want to know: what did you wear to the parties? What are you wearing tomorrow???
Old 08-19-2002, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow 'journals'

In response to kddani.....we have a book called "Key to the Greeks." It's basically a book with glossy pages, and each chapter has it's own page. There are pictures of the girls and information about each chapter. There is a 2 page spread with boxes for each chapter. After each party, the Pi Chis encourage us to write things down. Personally, I think the boxes are too small for all my scribbles....so I have a little notepad in my purse. I attempted to write down the name of the girls who rushed me....but it was difficult to remember the common names. I also wrote down physical traits to remind myself of them....and a blurb on what we talked about.

Hopefully all of that will help jog my memory if I get invited back to the house. But one thing I like about what kddani said, is writing down the gut instinct. It seems that the first round is all about the big huge smile, and passing the PMs from girl to girl, and getting the walk to the tent down perfectly....so it's been kinda impersonal. Either way, I'm going to start writing down my gut instinct. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2002, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Re: 'journals'

Quote:
Originally posted by curlygirly
too small for all my scribbles....so I have a little notepad in my purse.

Awww....you make your ol ' journalism teacher smile!

Okay okay, so every rushee keeps a notepad... !
Old 08-19-2002, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

songs

What songs are they teaching ya'll this year? I was singing ones from my Rush this morning as I was getting ready to be the water server . Anyway, Rush is going great so far and I hope everyone is having a great time!

That is great advice to write down your guy instinct. I used smiley faces. A happy one, a sad one, and a squiggly mouthed one for the houses I was unsure about. It's a great tool for later this week.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Tara
I have a Phi Mu castle...
Old 08-19-2002, 09:12 PM

coffee??

OK, the mints and "feminine products" I understand...but why would they have coffee filters??!?
Old 08-19-2002, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Just wanted to wish you luck...Annie mentioned that you were posting on here, so I'm glad I found the thread. Can't wait to hear more about your experience. Good luck, have fun, follow your heart, and keep smiling
Old 08-19-2002, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

must admit, i'm clueless too.... maybe for blotting lipstick? wiping any oil off your face? i'm stretching to figure this out... i figure it's something beauty related?????

you southern girls must have some secrets we northerners don't know about
Old 08-19-2002, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

The coffee filters blot your face without removing or smudging your makeup, or leaving a linty residue.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Coffee filters are for our faces for all the grease and sweat because we sit outside during the day in 85-90 degree weather

We sang the greek song and my favorite:

We drink Jaegermiester with the best of them, beer with the frat men, wine with the rest of them, we like great big (unh) burly chested men we are the fine fourteen.

We drink whiskey, water, rum, and soda pop. We chug and chug and never stop, you'll find us at the keg alot, when we do it (unh) we're always on the top we are the fine fourteen.

We drink captain, malibu, and mountain dew. We chug and chug until we're blue. The next day all we do is spew. Just like Jimmy (unh) we like to get drunk and screw we are the fine fourteen.

We also made rain and did the elbows out, thumbs up, butt out, head back, and tongue out thing too.

Curlygirly what are you wearing tomorrow?
Old 08-19-2002, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

we GLOW!

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
you southern girls must have some secrets we northerners don't know about
That's because we rush during August, in 80 degree weather with 90% humidity!!!
Old 08-19-2002, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

This "northern" weather isn't so different. It's consistently be in the upper 80's and 90's here in Pittsburgh for a few weeks now. And I don't have AC! Thankfully our girls don't rush for another month yet.

Great idea about coffee filters, i'd never heard of that!