GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,275
1 members and 2,274 guests
No Members online

Old 08-26-2013, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

YAY! So excited for you. Have fun tonight!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-26-2013, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

This is great news!!! I'm really rooting for Sagittarius now, and so is my daughter! Your mom must be on pins and needles!

(Aquarius sounds like a great option, too, though!)

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 08-26-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck and have a wonderful time, I'm pulling for the legacy house too but do what your heart tells you!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Pref Party Number One

Today I went to the Aquarius preference party, and while I didn't fall in love with the chapter as much as I love Sagittarius I definitely enjoyed it and would be happy there if that is where I ended up. I was paired with an active I didn't know, which irked me a little because I know more than a few girls in this chapter and I thought I had made some really great connections with other girls I had met throughout the week, but this active was really lovely and had a lot of things in common with me so my annoyance soon blew over. A few girls spoke about what the Aquarius sisterhood meant to them, and while they all had really nice messages they were all clearly very nervous and relying on their notecards to get through their speech. I kept thinking, "Why did they pick these girls to share when they can't speak in public?" I don't mean to devalue their bravery to talk in front of a group in any way, but the way they talked distracted me from the wonderful things they were saying. They then showed a video about their sisterhood that one of their girls had made. It was a sweet video that really showed how much they cared about each other. It didn't start right away, though, which drew me out of the emotion of preference and into, "Why isn't it working?" The execution was just not very smooth, which stood in contrast to the very polished and put-together Sagittarius parties I had been to so far.

I was really, really, moved, however, when they announced that each of us had been given a little sorority symbol with a trait written on it that best represented us. Mine said humor, and I immediately started tearing up because I felt like they had noticed and appreciated one of my defining characteristics. We then pinned our smaller symbols onto a larger symbol to show how together many different types of girls make a chapter, and by then I was crying because I felt special and wanted. The personalization was definitely what sold me on this chapter! The active I was paired with was sniffling too by this point because of how moved she was by the video of her sisterhood, so we both walked out laughing and crying at the same time. The party ended on a high note for me and I left it feeling wonderful.

Am I going to rank it above Sagittarius? I don't think so, unless something goes horrifically wrong at the Sagittarius party tomorrow night. But could I see myself fitting into the chapter and enjoying my years there and the friendships I would make? Absolutely. It saddened me greatly when the Pi Chis were taking roll prior to the party starting because a lot of girls seemed to have dropped from recruitment rather than pref this chapter, and I felt like those girls were missing out on a caring and loving sisterhood. If this was the only chapter I had left to pref I would run to them smiling and happy on Bid Day. I only hope that they get the best girls that fit them well, and if I'm one of them I will be completely okay with that.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Glad that party ended on a high note and looking forward to hearing about Sagittarius.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

clemsongirl I'm really looking forward to your happy ending -- either will be lucky to count you among their new members!

I'm enjoying you enjoying your week -- good luck!
Old 08-27-2013, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaKappaXie Send a message via MSN to SigmaKappaXie Send a message via Yahoo to SigmaKappaXie
This is so exciting! Good luck and follow your heart. <3
Old 08-27-2013, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm seriously on the edge of my seat, can't wait to find out where you land!
Old 08-27-2013, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Me too, can't wait to find out!!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Even I want to know how this one turns out.

And I really want Sagittarius to turn out to to be Pi Phi. You know . . . just 'cause.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post

LOL!!!

True and Constant
Old 08-27-2013, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Haha I feel so special because everyone seems to want to know where I'll end up! And MC I hate to break it to you but there is no Pi Phi chapter currently on campus so it is not Pi Phi. I realized the Sagittarius and arrow symbolism after I randomly chose the names, but I picked Sagittarius for my legacy chapter because it's my sign I will definitely post how my second party went tonight!
Old 08-27-2013, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
And MC I hate to break it to you but there is no Pi Phi chapter currently on campus so it is not Pi Phi.
Oh well. Can I at least hope that Aquarius is Delta Gamma or Delta Delta Delta?
Old 08-27-2013, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

And I really want Sagittarius to turn out to to be Pi Phi. You know . . . just 'cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
Haha I feel so special because everyone seems to want to know where I'll end up! And MC I hate to break it to you but there is no Pi Phi chapter currently on campus so it is not Pi Phi. I realized the Sagittarius and arrow symbolism after I randomly chose the names, but I picked Sagittarius for my legacy chapter because it's my sign I will definitely post how my second party went tonight!
Feeling really dumb because I didn't get the obvious and immediately wondered if there was a connection between clemsongirl and carnation.

Loving your story! Can't wait to hear the rest!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh well. Can I at least hope that Aquarius is Delta Gamma or Delta Delta Delta?
We don't have a Delta Gamma chapter either! Somebody didn't read my first post You can hope as far as Delta Delta Delta goes, but you don't get to find out until tomorrow. I won't reveal every code name but I definitely will share Aquarius.