GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,402
2 members and 1,400 guests
LaneSig

Old 08-11-2008, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
DS, John has said:
Do not post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have permission from the copyright owner. This has been part of the site rules since these forums were started.

If you are posting a news article it is fine to post an excerpt/summary along with a link to the full article on the news publication's website.
(Why the moderators never worry about this, when it could have legal implications, I simply do not understand.)
Hell, I'd settle for a moratorium on posting any articles from sources like the Huffington Post, regardless of affiliation. Even if labeled "Opinion" clearly.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-12-2008, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
I read somewhere that our preoccupation with infedility is a cultural thing.

Is it true that in countries like France the affairs and things like nude pictures of public figures don't cause as many blips on the radar?
Well nude photos of public figures is a big deal in France because their privacy laws for politicians and celebrities are much more stringent than ours or in the UK - more with politicians than celebrities though, however people there don't really get why Americans in general make such a big deal out of infidelity. They figure it's their private life, so really what's the big deal. Not that it's common, but they're not as entrenched in living a "christian" lifestyle as people claim they are here.

Do I care that all of these self righteous politicians are philandering? No, they're untrustworthy to begin with anyhow, just don't do it in the White House...that is tacky.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

His infidelity isn't the big problem here. What bothers me is that he was doing this while his wife was undergoing treatment for cancer. Instead of being by her side this douchebag was off banging some skank and paying her millions to keep quiet about it. I hope he goes to jail for breaking campaign finance laws.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I wouldn't say she's a gold digger, but she ain't messin' with no broke...
--Kanye West

If they have the rules in NC, I'd sue the heifer for abandonment of affection while being afflicted.

And if the child winds up as his, when there are some questions because she was getting busy with the whole crew, then I'd make her lose her parental rights some kind of way.

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 08-12-2008, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
If they have the rules in NC, I'd sue the heifer for abandonment of affection while being afflicted.

And if the child winds up as his, when there are some questions because she was getting busy with the whole crew, then I'd make her lose her parental rights some kind of way.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, but can she still sue him for that if they do not get a divorce? I am definitely not an expert, but would this fall under alienation of affection.

Ole girl was just a regular Ho for spreadin' her legs like cheese with his staff. I'm banking on some more from his camp coming forward stating they hit that too!!!

ΚΔΠ Education Honor Society
Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Educatingblue View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, but can she still sue him for that if they do not get a divorce? I am definitely not an expert, but would this fall under alienation of affection.

Ole girl was just a regular Ho for spreadin' her legs like cheese with his staff. I'm banking on some more from his camp coming forward stating they hit that too!!!
Yeah, what kind of situation is it when, "yeah, we had an affair, but the kid isn't his; it's someone else on his staff's that I also worked with" seems like a good answer? Sure, two affairs at work within two years, which I think is the given time line isn't Heidi Fleiss territory, but coupled with the rest of her bio. . .

Last edited by UGAalum94; 08-12-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
What I don't understand is that this lady, Rielle Hunter, is claiming that Edwards fathered her 5 month old daughter.

Yet Edwards claims the affair ended in 2006.

The baby was born Feb. 27, 2008. I'm not a mother, and I don't know the particulars about conception, but that would have put the date of conception around May of '07.

How can the baby be his?
The same way Bill Clinton did not have sex with that woman Ms. Lewinski. He is lying.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
The same way Bill Clinton did not have sex with that woman Ms. Lewinski. He is lying.
Or she is. I don't trust either one, so bring on the DNA test!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Or she is. I don't trust either one, so bring on the DNA test!
The mutual reluctance to have a DNA test speaks volumes, IMHO.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Either way, that poor child . . .
Old 08-13-2008, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
The mutual reluctance to have a DNA test speaks volumes, IMHO.
Edwards has volunteered to have one. It's Hunter who has said "no."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
. . . so bring on the DNA test!
He's not a candidate anymore, or even a factor in the election. Why should it matter to anyone but the Edwards, the mom or (especially) the child? (Okay, or the other possible dads and their families, too.)

Meanwhile, Jay McInerny's book is selling quite well.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
he didn't he got a hummer.....heh
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 08-13-2008, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGam View Post
His infidelity isn't the big problem here. What bothers me is that he was doing this while his wife was undergoing treatment for cancer. Instead of being by her side this douchebag was off banging some skank and paying her millions to keep quiet about it. I hope he goes to jail for breaking campaign finance laws.
She wasn't undergoing cancer treatments during the affair. The affair reportedly ended in 2006 and her latest cancer was diagnosed in March, 2007.

I don't see what difference it makes, personally. I'm with Benzgirl... I'm jaded and think this is more the norm than the exception, especially with men who are in powerful positions. It doesn't shock me with politicians, actors, televangelists, or professional athletes. I think I'd be more surprised to find out one of them did NOT cheat on his wife ever.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I think I'd be more surprised to find out one of them did NOT cheat on his wife ever.
Well, Jimmy Carter lusted in his heart.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Well, Jimmy Carter lusted in his heart.
And is constantly slammed for being an awful president!