GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,665
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, aanneaeswifta59
» Online Users: 1,991
1 members and 1,990 guests
Xidelt

Old 08-19-2013, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

If quota was 48, then I do know at least one chapter did not make quota, because Sigma Kappa took 40. This is the first time in like 8 or so years when we haven't made quota...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-19-2013, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Is quota really 48?
Old 08-19-2013, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

WestcoastWonder- If your numbers on how many signed up are correct, and Dubaisis' % of girls who drop or are dropped is correct that quota would be right on the money for WSU.

Let's assume that in fact exactly 800 girls signed up to go through recruitment. Take out the 20% Dubaisis says usually choose to drop and you're now at 660 (at 20%, 160 girls dropped).

I spent A LOT of time on here looking for information about how many girls on campuses are usually dropped entirely by the sororities because we were worried when my daughter went through due to her GPA. What I found out was that consistently, even at very competitive SEC schools, the number of girls dropped entirely at most schools is about 5%. At WSU that would put the number going to preference at 620 (40 girls dropped entirely by that point).

Generally speaking at most schools they will take that 620 and divide them by the number of chapters. Doing that you get a "quota" of 48 (actually 47.something).

Edit: Please note that I have no idea whether or not it actually IS 48 (I'll trust those that say it was) - I'm just saying it would make sense given the numbers.

Last edited by AXOmom; 08-19-2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-19-2013, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
Some chapters post the pictures on facebook, instagram or twitter. Some nationals also post recruitment results weekly. Some posters know people who are in the know.

I tried to count the KD picture. It ends up right around 50. I'm horrible at that though. You'd think that with the prevalence of social media, that chapters would be better about using it.
I guess I don't know enough people, 8). Glad people are posting, because the curiosity was getting to me. Thanks to those who shared!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestcoastWonder View Post
Is quota really 48?
Yes. Quota this year was 48. ADPi took in quota plus. It was our most successful recruitment in 20 years, according to the alum page. I know this was a rough year for many chapters, because many PNMs had low grades coming in this year. However, more than 3 made quota, just not sure of who.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Only 2 chapters did not make quota. I don't know where that rumor came from. Odd.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoaphi View Post
Only 2 chapters did not make quota. I don't know where that rumor came from. Odd.

This makes way more sense. I know the one chapter that didn't, but i'm trying to think of the other.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

With RFM, there's a tipping point where it can end up causing TOO many cuts through the process, leaving the chapter short at the end of the process. I wouldn't read too much into a chapter missing quota. And hopefully some of these girls who chose not to accept bids will re-think their decisions since some apparently had some spaces available.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Another update!!!

UPDATE

So if you read the thread, you know that my sister dropped out of recruitment on pref night with two houses left. She and her Rho Gamma decided it was the best idea.

However, today my sister had a coffee date with her Rho Gamma and she found out that her Rho Gam was in her favorite sorority during recruitment! Blow Pops! Otherwise known as Delta Gamma.

And of course the elephant in the room was the fact that DG dropped her the day before pref night, so my sister brought it up and for some reason, her Rho Gamma wasn't aware of her grades! My sister told her how low her GPA was and her Rho Gamma was shocked she made it that far with houses still wanting her because she said a very high percentage of girls were dropped if they had below a 2.8.

Anyway, my sister is working very hard this semester to raise her grades and plans on doing informal. Does anyone know how to properly go about contacting chapters and letting them know you're interested and if they're doing informal?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh and also, these were the recruitment figures this year:

Delta Gamma: 50/48
Alpha Delta Pi: 50/48
Alpha Phi: 48/48
Gamma Phi Beta: 49/48
Kappa Kappa Gamma: 50/48
Sigma Kappa: 40/48
Delta Delta Delta: 48/48
Kappa Delta: 49/48

Not sure about the other 5 houses, though.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Anyway, my sister is working very hard this semester to raise her grades and plans on doing informal. Does anyone know how to properly go about contacting chapters and letting them know you're interested and if they're doing informal?
Generally calling/visiting/emailing the greek office and letting them know is the best way. Another great way is having friends in chapters and alerting them to the fact that one wants to do informal.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 08-29-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Oh and also, these were the recruitment figures this year:

Not sure about the other 5 houses, though.
KAT 48
AOII 49

I haven't heard about AXO, AGD, or XO.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

This is completely unofficial, but daughter found a bid day pic of AXO's new pledge class and counted 49 or 50 she thinks. They are in a bunch, so that count could be off a couple. She also found a picture of XO's pledge class. She didn't count that one, but she showed it to me and it certainly looked like it could be around 48-50-couldn't say for sure.

Last edited by AXOmom; 08-29-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Alpha Theta: 48/48
Alpha Omicron Pi: 49/48
Alpha Chi Omega 49?/48
Chi Omega 48?/48

So that means the two chapters that didn't make quota are Sigma Kappa and Alpha Gamma Delta?

That could be true because I didn't see many AGD's, but I saw a plethora of all the other houses. And they haven't posted anything on any social media, so who knows...
Old 08-29-2013, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I may be clueless, but what school is this?