GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 297,168
Threads: 114,114
Welcome to our newest member, aannatussday158

Old 05-21-2000, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Question

What is a omega pearl and what is a kappa sweet heart and why are the sweethearts hated so much and called hoes. I always thought that the sigma rho's were the kappa sisters.So where did sweethearts come from? Thanks
Old 05-21-2000, 04:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Monique:
What is a omega pearl and what is a kappa sweet heart and why are the sweethearts hated so much and called hoes. I always thought that the sigma rho's were the kappa sisters.So where did sweethearts come from? Thanks

Omega Pearls, Kappa Sweethearts, etc. are UNOFFICIAL (as defined by each orgs. National/International Headquarters) little sister organizations. Originally they were the wives/girlfriends/fiancees of member OR women who were committed to helping them with their service projects, etc. Somewhere between their inception and, I'll say, 1990, the reputation of the sweetheart went down hill. On SOME campuses (not all), the sweethearts
do nothing more than sleep with the members, depend on them to get into greek events free, and show a HUGE amount of disrespect for the members of Sororities. 9 times out of 10, these are the reasons they are disliked. The Fraternities now have seperate organizations for the wives and fiancees of members.

As far as the SGRho/Kappa relationship, that depends on where you are. The only bound brother/sister NPHC organization are Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc.. Traditionally, however, the members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. & Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. and members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. & Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. consider themselves sister/brother orgs. but, as I said, it's not written anywhere that this has to be the case.