Uhhhhh....let me think about it!
AOPiRose pretty much says it all here:
NPC Alumnae Initiation Advice
I hope that CP2000 can re-post her excellent thread on NPC Alumnae Initiation Advice. I wish that I had saved it myself. In the meantime, here is what I can recall. If anyone has any additions or corrections, please advise.
Some general advice Ė
1. Realize that finding your home through AI is not an easy option. It can be more arduous then going through collegiate recruitment.
2. Above all else, please be discrete. If you want to name names, it is completely up to you. Just realize that you never know who is reading your posts.
3. Each organization has their own specific polices regarding AI.
*Some work with a larger pool of women then others.
*In some organizations, local alumnae associations and collegiate chapters must invite a PNM to consider membership.
* In all cases, membership is by invitation only.
4. If you know someone who is a member, please feel free to talk to her about it. She can get you the correct information that you need.
5. If you do not know a single soul in the organization, please do not contact the local chapters. Contact the appropriate person at HQ. It is usually an Alumnae Services Administrator. She will make the introduction for you.
6. Have patience. Some alumnae chapters only meet once per month and some events are not conducive to having guests. Therefore, it may take awhile to determine if there is a match.
7. Is it a good idea to contact more than one group at a time? IMHO, I donít know because I was never in that situation.
8. When attending an event, follow the same advice given to collegiate PMs. Have fun, relax and be yourself!
That post alone is more helpful than what anyone else could say to you. It ain't handed to you on a silver platter. Sometimes it takes months or years. Sometimes it is being in the right place at the right time
YOU have to do the legwork! NEVER ask anyone to sponsor you! If someone you know
thinks you are worthy of membership, they will come to you! (as the title of my post, don't call us, we will call you!)
I REALLY hope this post helps!