GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,500
0 members and 2,500 guests
No Members online

Old 01-04-2022, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Indiana University Recruitment 2022

IU Recruitment is here! Here are the dates (this time corrected!)

Open house: January 5th-6th Virtual (all chapters visited)

Philanthropy and service: January 8th-9th Virtual (max of 16 chapters)

Sisterhood round: January 14th-15th Virtual (max of 9 chapters)

Preference round: January 16th In Person (max of 2 chapters)

Bid day: January 18th In Person!!!

I would like to wish everybody good luck, whether you're a parent with a daughter going through, a sister trying to find her next little, an advisor who works hard for her chapter, or a PNM lurking all the recruitment threads who might be nervous. You will get through these days and hopefully find an amazing home out of it!

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story

Last edited by FSUZeta; 01-10-2022 at 08:15 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-09-2022, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Super surprised there are no other posts here but I'll jump in! My OOS freshman is going through recruitment at IU. She's a legacy to my chapter but as we all know that doesn't really matter anymore since all or nearly all of the NPC groups eliminated preferential treatment for legacies in recruitment. I have quite a bit of volunteer experience, particularly in regards to recruitment. In some ways it's great because I know how it all works behind the scenes. And in some ways it's even more stressful because I know how it all works behind the scenes. :P

Rounds one and two went great! She had a full schedule of 16 events for Philanthropy. Fingers crossed things continue to go well for her, though we'll of course be surprised if she continues to have a full schedule for sisterhood since that seems rare at IU. It's going to be a looooong week of waiting!

She is of course bummed that everything has been virtual so far and sisterhood will be, too. We had so much fun shopping for outfits and wearing those on zoom isn't quite the same. (Yes, those of us who buy in completely to values based recruitment know the outfits shouldn't matter but one always wants to look and feel their best.) Making decisions in round 1 was interesting when she hadn't ever been able to talk to chapter members. We're holding out a tiny sliver of hope that maybe preference and bid day will be in person. I will say there are a few pros to having things online - no icy sidewalks to navigate, virtually no "tent talk" and my daughter was easily able to keep a running ranked list on her laptop, inserting groups as she went along, so she was ready to submit her list as soon as rounds were over.

Send us both good vibes and patience as we wait for Friday! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Old 01-09-2022, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter graduated last spring so not in the loop on rush this year. I did notice the past few years seem to be a bit more relaxed from prior years. Not to say there isn’t some drama but I’ve noticed that on here and on the IU parents group the post and questions have gone down dramatically.

My younger daughter is in a sorority at another school and Greek life there is so tame compared to IU. My oldest really enjoyed her time, living in the house, racing in the Little 500 and making life long friends.

Wishing everyone going through rush a great experience.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists&Blades View Post
Super surprised there are no other posts here but I'll jump in! My OOS freshman is going through recruitment at IU. She's a legacy to my chapter but as we all know that doesn't really matter anymore since all or nearly all of the NPC groups eliminated preferential treatment for legacies in recruitment. I have quite a bit of volunteer experience, particularly in regards to recruitment. In some ways it's great because I know how it all works behind the scenes. And in some ways it's even more stressful because I know how it all works behind the scenes. :P

Rounds one and two went great! She had a full schedule of 16 events for Philanthropy. Fingers crossed things continue to go well for her, though we'll of course be surprised if she continues to have a full schedule for sisterhood since that seems rare at IU. It's going to be a looooong week of waiting!

She is of course bummed that everything has been virtual so far and sisterhood will be, too. We had so much fun shopping for outfits and wearing those on zoom isn't quite the same. (Yes, those of us who buy in completely to values based recruitment know the outfits shouldn't matter but one always wants to look and feel their best.) Making decisions in round 1 was interesting when she hadn't ever been able to talk to chapter members. We're holding out a tiny sliver of hope that maybe preference and bid day will be in person. I will say there are a few pros to having things online - no icy sidewalks to navigate, virtually no "tent talk" and my daughter was easily able to keep a running ranked list on her laptop, inserting groups as she went along, so she was ready to submit her list as soon as rounds were over.

Send us both good vibes and patience as we wait for Friday! Can't wait to see what happens next!

Good luck to your daughter!

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 01-10-2022, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Remember when

Hello,

My alumni daughter reminded me that its recruitment time at IU! I finally shared my secret with her, that GreekChat got me through her recruitment days in 2017! Along with many other worried Mom's that year.

Yes, she had new clothes, rec letters and was a legacy to a certain house on campus.

Surprised not much chatter onsite. Especially since again it's a virtual recruitment.
Good Luck to All PNM and Mom
Old 01-10-2022, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Agreed...There's usually a lot of chatter about IU. I can't really wrap my head around the way they do their quotas. Wishing lots of luck to your daughter, Fists&Blades
Old 01-10-2022, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsinore View Post
Agreed...There's usually a lot of chatter about IU. I can't really wrap my head around the way they do their quotas. Wishing lots of luck to your daughter, Fists&Blades
They actually use RFM and follow NPC guidelines now. No more crazy bed space quota!
Old 01-10-2022, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I'll keep you posted!
Old 01-10-2022, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists&Blades View Post
They actually use RFM and follow NPC guidelines now. No more crazy bed space quota!

That's great to hear! I don't know how that bed quota system was maintained for so long!
Old 01-14-2022, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Update!

DD got sisterhood invites just a bit ago! She's got a full schedule - 8 of her top 9 from philanthropy plus one more. She's a little bummed about the one that released her but absolutely thrilled with the chapters she has left! I know this next ranking is going to be tough!
Old 01-14-2022, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like it's going well for your daughter! Glad she's happy!
Old 01-14-2022, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Very cool! Hope things continue to go well!
Old 01-15-2022, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

That's a great schedule! I hope she has fun.
Old 01-15-2022, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, 8 out of 9 of her favorites, but still a full schedule? Amazing! Best of luck to your daughter!
Old 01-16-2022, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

It’s preference day and she got her top two choices, one of which is my sorority! I’ve told her I want her to choose what makes her moat happy but I can admit to you all there will be a tiny bit of disappointment if she chooses the other group. Hopefully she has fun today and ends with clarity about which group is the best fit. She loves them both so she can’t lose!