GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,228
0 members and 2,228 guests
No Members online

Old 09-30-2021, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokat View Post
UPDATES COMING SOON! Technical difficulties have been rectified Thanks everyone for sending in your numbers. You can also PM me numbers if you don't want to post here.
Thank YOU, Shadokat, for taking on such a huge endeavor! It is greatly appreciated!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-30-2021, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, Shadokat! We appreciate you taking on this huge task.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

UCLA’s Recruitment finished Tuesday. I have to do more digging but I think almost all chapters made quota or above. Chi Omega gained 68 new members.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokat View Post
UPDATES COMING SOON! Technical difficulties have been rectified Thanks everyone for sending in your numbers. You can also PM me numbers if you don't want to post here.
Thank you so much for doing this!! I know it's a huge job!! You are awesome!
Old 10-01-2021, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Texas Christian

Phi Mu- 89
Sigma Kappa- 93
Zeta Tau Alpha- 90

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 10-01-2021, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

SUNY-Plattsburgh

Alpha Epsilon Phi- 20
Alpha Phi- 24
Delta Phi Epsilon- 17
Sigma Delta Tau- 22
Theta Phi Alpha- 26

Since 1888

Old 10-03-2021, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Colgate University

Kappa Kappa Gamma- 61

Since 1888

Old 10-04-2021, 06:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchaptergphib View Post
Today was Bid Day at the University of Wisconsin (Madison)
Round one was virtual, and the rest was in-person.
There were 1450 women initially registered, but 1315 actually participated in Round One.
1054 women received bids today
Quota was 86
Gamma Phi Beta has 92 New Members (sorry, I have no numbers for other chapters)
Zeta Tau Alpha starts their new chapter process October 10
Ok this confirms it, I think we as Madison residents really need to get an alumnae panhellenic together. These are SEC numbers.
Old 10-04-2021, 06:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Winona State University

Quota 4

Delta Phi Epsilon - 4
Sigma Sigma Sigma - 4
Alpha Sigma Tau - 3

I really want to know what happened here. Even in the slump in the late 90s early 00s the chapters would get 10 members minimum. It does not seem to be pandemic related.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

mlanderson, University of Wisconsin-Stout was the same way. We had a terrible turn out for Primary Recruitment. Quota was set at 4.

Sigma Sigma Sigma- 3
Delta Zeta- 5
Alpha Phi-5 *They picked up some additional members via COR immediately after recruitment so not sure on official numbers yet. Same with Delta Zeta.

Historically, we've had new member classes of 15-20. The last 8ish years, recruitment has drastically gone down registration numbers wise. We also have a lot of PNMs sign up for recruitment and then they don't show up. Campus total has been 50 for 20+ years and the last few years, it's been in the high 30s. All three sororities do well with COBing. I just don't get why Primary Recruitment has been such a bust the last 4-5 years.
Old 10-05-2021, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

St Lawrence University
DDD- 13
Simpson-College
DDD-18
Knox College
DDD- 2
Old 10-09-2021, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Dartmouth College

Alpha Xi Delta-46

Since 1888

Old 10-11-2021, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangisj View Post
Historically, we've had new member classes of 15-20. The last 8ish years, recruitment has drastically gone down registration numbers wise. We also have a lot of PNMs sign up for recruitment and then they don't show up. Campus total has been 50 for 20+ years and the last few years, it's been in the high 30s. All three sororities do well with COBing. I just don't get why Primary Recruitment has been such a bust the last 4-5 years.
I think quite a few colleges are going to see a drop in primary recruitment numbers due to a variety of factors. One being the COVID/virtual recruitment situation. Some PNMs don't want to pay dues, fees, etc for the membership when events are limited. It's difficult to get to know people virtually and be expected to form strong bonds. Another factor is money, unfortunately. If money is tight, a sorority is a want not a need. I, also, think that the political climate has taken a toll. People are so divided that I can't imagine what it would be like to navigate that on campus and in Greek life.

I hope the Greek Life can ride out this wave and rebound in a few years.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I think quite a few colleges are going to see a drop in primary recruitment numbers due to a variety of factors. One being the COVID/virtual recruitment situation. Some PNMs don't want to pay dues, fees, etc for the membership when events are limited. It's difficult to get to know people virtually and be expected to form strong bonds. Another factor is money, unfortunately. If money is tight, a sorority is a want not a need. I, also, think that the political climate has taken a toll. People are so divided that I can't imagine what it would be like to navigate that on campus and in Greek life.

I hope the Greek Life can ride out this wave and rebound in a few years.
NMSU had their recruitment at the end of August. It was scheduled for in person except the first day was to be virtual. Two days before the Greek advisor and Panhellenic had an emergency meeting and said every chapter is going to recruit outside in tents on one of the large fields in the middle of campus. They told all chapters get all the supplies you need and these things won't go towards your budget. Some chapters went out and bought tables and chair other rented and some where stressing about being about to items. The next day at night it was then told that recruitment will be 100% virtual. They said it was decided that it was in the best interest of student safety. Yeah right. Fraternity rush was still allowed to be in person and there was still a football game that was allowed to happen. Once virtual recruitment was announced there was a large drop of PNMs because they didn't want to do virtual. Some went through COB.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 10-11-2021, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flirt5721 View Post
NMSU had their recruitment at the end of August. It was scheduled for in person except the first day was to be virtual. Two days before the Greek advisor and Panhellenic had an emergency meeting and said every chapter is going to recruit outside in tents on one of the large fields in the middle of campus. They told all chapters get all the supplies you need and these things won't go towards your budget. Some chapters went out and bought tables and chair other rented and some where stressing about being about to items. The next day at night it was then told that recruitment will be 100% virtual. They said it was decided that it was in the best interest of student safety. Yeah right. Fraternity rush was still allowed to be in person and there was still a football game that was allowed to happen. Once virtual recruitment was announced there was a large drop of PNMs because they didn't want to do virtual. Some went through COB.
That's awful! That also unfair. Why were the men allowed to hold recruitment in person and not the women? Why were students allowed to attend a football game? Isn't that disparate treatment?

True and Constant