GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 774
0 members and 774 guests
No Members online

Old 09-11-2020, 12:41 AM

My happy fun day:

I had to go to my breast cancer surgeon for a follow-up.

On my way there, I got stuck in a lane where a semi had broken down. Had to bull my way into the next lane. Fortunately, I am a Masshole and I know how to do this. No sooner did I make my turn than I got stuck behind a broken down minivan.

Still got there in time for my appointment. And was kept waiting. And waiting. And waiting. It was like Casablanca. They wanted to do this test, then that test (wait half an hour), then an ultrasound (wait half an hour), then a mammogram (wait another half an hour), then have a talk with the doctor.

On the way BACK, I got stuck in major traffic. A trip that should have taken 15 minutes took a full hour, because a car stalled out on the main bridge over the Mississippi River. Fortunately, I've been living here a while, and I know the back streets. Unfortunately, my car's GPS DOESN'T know the back streets so well and attempted to take me on a scenic tour of downtown New Orleans.

On the up side, I got a clean bill of health. "Come back in six months."
Old 09-11-2020, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
My happy fun day:

I had to go to my breast cancer surgeon for a follow-up.

On my way there, I got stuck in a lane where a semi had broken down. Had to bull my way into the next lane. Fortunately, I am a Masshole and I know how to do this. No sooner did I make my turn than I got stuck behind a broken down minivan.

Still got there in time for my appointment. And was kept waiting. And waiting. And waiting. It was like Casablanca. They wanted to do this test, then that test (wait half an hour), then an ultrasound (wait half an hour), then a mammogram (wait another half an hour), then have a talk with the doctor.

On the way BACK, I got stuck in major traffic. A trip that should have taken 15 minutes took a full hour, because a car stalled out on the main bridge over the Mississippi River. Fortunately, I've been living here a while, and I know the back streets. Unfortunately, my car's GPS DOESN'T know the back streets so well and attempted to take me on a scenic tour of downtown New Orleans.

On the up side, I got a clean bill of health. "Come back in six months."
So happy to hear about the clean bill of health for you Great news! Sorry to hear about all of your troubles on the way to and from...but I know you were relieved to hear those words!
Old 09-11-2020, 08:13 AM
GreekChat Member

aephi alum—SO HAPPY to hear about your wonderful check-up news! I’m sure you were so much more relieved on the way back that those traffic issues seemed minor indeed. Again, CONGRATS! Any good news in these times is reason to celebrate!!
Old 09-11-2020, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

aephialum
Old 10-01-2020, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Anybody who votes for this dictatorship is a fucking idiot. Dumb!
Old 10-01-2020, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

There is a correlation between my mental health and the amount of time I spend on social media - I have intentionally spent more time this week reading and working on cross stitch pieces - my ulnar nerve isn't happy, but my anxiety is doing much better!
Old 10-01-2020, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish people/the media/health experts/conspiracy theorists would stop generalizing that COVID perpituates mental health issues. We are not under lock down. Personally, I have no interest to go to a bar or restaurant, I'm healthier for eating at home and I'm fine masking up. Also, my landscaping looks beautiful this year.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Anybody who votes for this dictatorship is a fucking idiot. Dumb!
Beautifully stated.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
I wish people/the media/health experts/conspiracy theorists would stop generalizing that COVID perpituates mental health issues. We are not under lock down. Personally, I have no interest to go to a bar or restaurant, I'm healthier for eating at home and I'm fine masking up. Also, my landscaping looks beautiful this year.
I've often experienced wonderous joy while viewing the colorfully decorated gardens/yards of many neighbors when out on long walks this year.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo9 View Post
Anybody who votes against Donald J. Trump is someone with whom I disagree while also respecting their intelligence and good will. Love!
Anyone who votes FOR Trump I disagree with and have ZERO respect for. Two of the most dangerous things I can think of is conscientious stupidity and sincere ignorance. Trump supporters are both. I’d vote for a used, dirty jock strap before I’d vote for that fucking idiot. At least it has a useful purpose.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

So, most peoples jobs have become expendable because robotics have taken over, but we aren't being told directly because it would cause panic. The October Surprise this year is Russia and China, with their more populous militaries, have been invited to take over the USA. Citizens will cope through heavy use of legal pot and widespread sports gambling.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Anyone who votes FOR Trump I disagree with and have ZERO respect for. Two of the most dangerous things I can think of is conscientious stupidity and sincere ignorance. Trump supporters are both. I’d vote for a used, dirty jock strap before I’d vote for that fucking idiot. At least it has a useful purpose.
Ignore Little Ronny. He has been posting his alt-right conservative agenda since he joined 2 weeks ago.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Ignore Little Ronny. He has been posting his alt-right conservative agenda since he joined 2 weeks ago.
I see. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Do Not Feed The Trolls. Family First.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

H. Res. 1154 - Condemning QAnon and rejecting the conspiracy theories it promotes resoundingly passed today with only 18 "nay" votes.
A win for the good vs. evil.