GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,456
2 members and 1,454 guests
Titchou

Old 11-15-2017, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

AZTheta is right. Tri Delt's statement to the other Panhellenic chapters was that they were suspending in May but their charter will not be revoked. A very sad day for Arizona's Panhellenic community. I think Tridelta is considering coming back in 4 years because both ADPi and AXO have had successful recent recolonizations. Yes Their facility may be an issue. Like many other campuses UA sororities are always "keeping up with the Jones's" I really feel like there are no "bad houses" at Arizona. Just such a shame.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:39 AM

I think everyone understands the continuing normal operations until May part. The question is how after that they can continue to be a recognized student organization or participant in Panhellenic with zero active members.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I think everyone understands the continuing normal operations until May part. The question is how after that they can continue to be a recognized student organization or participant in Panhellenic with zero active members.
Huh? 33, where did that come from? How did you get that? No one, to my knowledge, stated that, including anyone from AZ. "Unaffiliated collegiate members" doesn't mean that they are existing as a suspended organization, or any kind of organization. There's no chapter to participate in, for starters.

I just skimmed this thread again and I'm confused, I don't see that (the theory that they will continue to be a recognized student organization) as even a consideration. Again, reading the statement from TriDelta HQ, I don't see that either. It seems clear that they will be suspending operations effective end of Spring Semester 2018. Not participating, or anything of the sort. They are guaranteed to return at a date they select, the earliest being four years from May 2018.

As for the question of how this is different than pulling a charter, well that is readily apparent, is it not? The charter is like Sleeping Beauty. It's not dead and gone. It will awaken. Again, read the TriDelta official announcement.

The actives and those new members who choose to be initiated deserve to have what lies ahead be memorable. Let them have the opportunity to develop, experience, and enjoy "a perpetual bond of friendship".
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 11-16-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:52 PM

So what is happening is...the charter is there for them to restart without Panhel having to open for expansion, pick them, yadda yadda yadda.

My confusion is from remembering a similar situation from quite a few years ago (AXO sticks in my mind as the sorority involved) and they had to have a few members listed on the active rolls to "anchor" things, so to speak. Not sure if that was a difference from group to group, a change in panhel policy, or if menopause brain has completely taken over.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

You're probably thinking of the AXO chapter at Penn: http://www.thedp.com/article/2015/09...ing-off-campus

They never did get started again, though, I'm sorry to say. I don't know what's happening with KD at Washington & Lee, which is a similar situation, at least with regard to the chapter's relinquishing their charter.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Reading and comprehension are not the same thing....
Old 11-15-2017, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellfish View Post
You're probably thinking of the AXO chapter at Penn: http://www.thedp.com/article/2015/09...ing-off-campus

They never did get started again, though, I'm sorry to say. I don't know what's happening with KD at Washington & Lee, which is a similar situation, at least with regard to the chapter's relinquishing their charter.
No, it was longer ago than that...it was strictly a struggling chapter/numbers deal, no disaffiliation or discipline involved. I'll have to dig and see if I can find it.