GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 296,931
Threads: 114,107
Welcome to our newest member, EvelynWhytt
» Online Users: 253
3 members and 250 guests
EvelynWhytt, keolinskyrosco, overogreg

Old 01-19-2017, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so happy to hear that you've finally found your home within Greek Life and your college, a place that makes you happy and where you truly feel like you belong and are accepted for who you are. You deserve that. Congratulations!
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee
Old 01-23-2017, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I just want to add on to what others have already said. I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a home within a Greek org and they have welcomed you as you are. Wishing you success with your fraternity and thanks for sharing your journey with us.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileykae View Post
Sorry it's been so long.

I need to come clean to you all on this thread - and although you may not understand it, it is my reality. I am genderfluid. This means some days I identify as female, some days as male, some days both, and some days neither. I am outside the gender binary of male/female.

Being so, I opted to drop out of panhellenic recruitment to look at the fraternities at my school that were recruiting. Two told me they would consider me as long as I was willing to identify as male on legal paperwork as far as their national office was concerned.

I started attending events for those two fraternities. In the end, one offered me a bid and I accepted it in early October. As it is now January, I am a fully initiated active member of my chapter, my forever home.

My path to greek was different than most, but I love my brothers with all my heart and wouldn't dare want to be anywhere else.

And yes, our national office knows the circumstances of my person and are fine with it, as long as financial matters are met and I remain a good standing member of our community.

Please, if you're going to berat my lifestyle choice and my identity do not bother replying - am I who I am and I will not change to fit a world that would not accept me. Instead I found the people who respected me for who I was, and for that I'm forever grateful.

To the future.
I am happy you found a place where you are YOU and where you are happy and accepted. Congratulations!
Old 01-24-2017, 11:16 PM

You followed an unusual path, to be sure. What is important is that you've found your home. Congratulations!