GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,432
2 members and 1,430 guests
Cookiez17, Phrozen Sands

Old 01-05-2017, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Can I change sororities before initiation?

I accepted a bid through COB for my sorority at the end of the fall semester and signed the forms during the break because of the pressure I felt but I haven't gone through any of the processes of initiation or little/big. Now I am regretting my decision. Is there a way I can drop from the sorority and join another in spring through COB? The agreement says that I have to wait until the beginning of the next primary membership recruitment period, but does that happen only during the fall semester or also during the spring semester?
Old 01-05-2017, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster12 View Post
I accepted a bid through COB for my sorority at the end of the fall semester and signed the forms during the break because of the pressure I felt but I haven't gone through any of the processes of initiation or little/big. Now I am regretting my decision. Is there a way I can drop from the sorority and join another in spring through COB? The agreement says that I have to wait until the beginning of the next primary membership recruitment period, but does that happen only during the fall semester or also during the spring semester?
You can terminate with your group now but you would not be able to go thru recruitment again until the next formal recruitment period...whenever that is. So, no,you could not go thru COB now.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

And please understand that you may be giving up your chance to be Greek. Going through rush does not guarantee you a bid from another sorority. In fact, having resigned your pledge may cause other sororities to drop you from their invitation lists.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady View Post
And please understand that you may be giving up your chance to be Greek. Going through rush does not guarantee you a bid from another sorority. In fact, having resigned your pledge may cause other sororities to drop you from their invitation lists.
Here, here!
Old 01-06-2017, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

You say you signed your bid card over break. You have not really been a part of the sorority-- never met your PNM classmates, did not get to know the sisters, did not participate in ANY activities whether it be meetings or fund raisers, or socials. Do you regret your choice because you think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence? Do you regret your choice because everyone was gone for break so no one was there to dote on you? I would recommend giving the sorority a chance. You may be suffering from buyers remorse. As was stated above, you may THINK there is another house you want, but does that house want someone who resigned from their current house?

DaffyKD