GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,118
2 members and 1,116 guests
ajanessshulze31, g41965

Old 03-23-2015, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Girl View Post
I'm not the one to be making excuses for what looked to me to be lies.
Good for you.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Thanks, PB! You sent it to the store address I gave you? I won't be able to get to that store until tomorrow morning. If you don't mind me asking, can you post some samples of what's on them? Lol. I just want to get a glimpse of what I'm getting before I get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Yes.

CD1
http://youtu.be/TjiBj014t7g
http://youtu.be/RTAj3fHH14U

CD2
http://youtu.be/Y39N72hN7iQ
http://youtu.be/rSRsg79itN4

CD3
http://youtu.be/I75t4rvreYQ
http://youtu.be/OLwYx9KXCt8

There are 15 songs on each CD. What I call dinner, dancing and I'll let you fill in the other LOL. I made three for you because depending on what sets the mood for the two of you (dinner, dancing, and uh.. ), you pick that (there's more to intimacy than just between the sheets). I wrote down the artists because it will help you see on iTunes what other folks bought -- great for creating your own playlists.

You and your new lady-friend have fun, man. And lose that R. Kelly "sex me" mess. Good Lord! LOL
Quote:
PB FTW! Nice! Thank you! I'm picking them up tomorrow.
Quote:
Correction. Alphas put the "R" in romance.
And this is the same "R Kelly Sex Me", joker who was sweatin' me for some songs from my slow cuts playlist so he could romance his woman.

https://youtu.be/YVDmJlljuHg

Romans 1:16
Old 03-24-2015, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And this is the same "R Kelly Sex Me", joker who was sweatin' me for some songs from my slow cuts playlist so he could romance his woman.

Rtflmbao! I died when he said one of his songs for romancing his woman included "Sex Me" by R. Kelly.

PB, those songs you posted are just classic and endless. That's the kind of love songs I'm "talkin bout". Go ahead, PB! lol
Old 03-24-2015, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Hahahahahaha! Ok, ya got me. Good one, good one Lol.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:35 AM
GreekChat Member

I still don't see anything wrong with R. Kelly's "Sex Me". "Honey Love" is also a good love making song by him.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

I got the silent treatment today. And for what? I hate that. Women are good at that, and it's annoying. Now I can't sleep! Pisses me off!

Eta: Fellas, ever get that silent treatment from your woman?

Last edited by Phrozen Sands; 03-28-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I got the silent treatment today. And for what? I hate that. Women are good at that, and it's annoying. Now I can't sleep! Pisses me off!

Eta: Fellas, ever get that silent treatment from your woman?
Did her team lose in the NCAAs?

That (silent treatment) happens to everyone from time to time, I think. You sure it's out of the blue? Maybe something you said jokingly that she took serious, and you just didn't realize it? (or vice versa, something she was serious about that you blew off...) it really could be any number of reasons, valid or not.

Real answer: talk it out.

Play answer: tickle her
~ Luke 19:10
Old 03-29-2015, 08:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
Did her team lose in the NCAAs?

That (silent treatment) happens to everyone from time to time, I think. You sure it's out of the blue? Maybe something you said jokingly that she took serious, and you just didn't realize it? (or vice versa, something she was serious about that you blew off...) it really could be any number of reasons, valid or not.

Real answer: talk it out.

Play answer: tickle her
I asked her was there something bothering her and she said there was nothing bothering her. But that's usually the "silent treatment" response, when they know it is something.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I asked her was there something bothering her and she said there was nothing bothering her. But that's usually the "silent treatment" response, when they know it is something.
I agree with Tony's suggestions but you may also consider that it has nothing to do with you. Something may have happened earlier at work or in her personal life that she doesn't want to talk about right now. Rather than say they don't want to discuss it, some people deal by denying anything is wrong but still want their space.

In other words, try not to take it personally until she let's you know it's personal. People don't always make sense and like Tony said, it could be a variety of reasons. This is a great opportunity to observe how she copes as well as how her coping behavior affects you.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
She's saying "nothing is wrong" now, but she'll bring it up 3 months later when you have your first argument, if you haven't already. Women are funny like that. Their brains are wired differently than ours, that's why they're so complicated. I can guarantee you she's mad at something you did. My ex wife used to play this game all the time. Is she still acting funny, after you've talked to her about it?
Old 03-29-2015, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I got the silent treatment today.
LOL (welcome to relationships, Phroz). Which one was it? Was it the "long" car ride home "silent treatment" or was it the sit in front of the TV, all quiet and whatnot "silent treatment"? You might as well get used to it, man. Like your frat brother said, you're going to get the "silent treatment" every now and then. It's one of those things that comes with relationships. Just talk it out. Since you've asked her what's wrong and she says nothing, then all you can do is let her know and continue to show her with your actions that you're there for her. She'll come around.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

PB, you bring up flashbacks with the "long car ride" silent treatment. I got that once on a trip from Cleveland to Cincinnati (4 hours). ...by the time we got to Columbus I was through with it, though. lol.

There comes a time when it's all been said and you just have to trust the personality/reasoning of the person you're with to get to a place of mutual understanding.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 03-29-2015, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
I agree with Tony's suggestions but you may also consider that it has nothing to do with you. Something may have happened earlier at work or in her personal life that she doesn't want to talk about right now. Rather than say they don't want to discuss it, some people deal by denying anything is wrong but still want their space.

In other words, try not to take it personally until she let's you know it's personal. People don't always make sense and like Tony said, it could be a variety of reasons. This is a great opportunity to observe how she copes as well as how her coping behavior affects you.
Well it definitely wasn't anything at work. I asked how work was. She said work was fine. I hear you, and agree. I invited her to a fraternity function and I'm thinking something happened there that made her mad. I'm just trying to figure it all out. I don't think it's anything in her past, though. I'm learning more about her daily. We spend a lot of time together. She's at my place more than she is her own so I'm thinking I said/did something wrong. She's very sensitive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAcino View Post
Is she still acting funny, after you've talked to her about it?
Kind of.
Quote:
LOL (welcome to relationships, Phroz). Which one was it? Was it the "long" car ride home "silent treatment" or was it the sit in front of the TV, all quiet and whatnot "silent treatment"? You might as well get used to it, man. Like your frat brother said, you're going to get the "silent treatment" every now and then. It's one of those things that comes with relationships. Just talk it out. Since you've asked her what's wrong and she says nothing, then all you can do is let her know and continue to show her with your actions that you're there for her. She'll come around.
Lmao! PB, you a fool, man. This is too funny because it was the ride home silent treatment after the fraternity dinner/function. I hear you and I've been doing that. I think it's just a communication thing. Communication (lack of) causes the most issues in relationships. Maybe I said or did something while we were there. Like StealthMode and my frat said, I'll just have to wait until she tells me what's on her mind.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
PB, you bring up flashbacks with the "long car ride" silent treatment. I got that once on a trip from Cleveland to Cincinnati (4 hours). ...by the time we got to Columbus I was through with it, though. lol.
LOL! 4-hours had to be rough, man. I got the silent treatment once coming from Cedar Point, which is almost a two hour drive. At the Turnpike, there's a toll to pay. As we were approaching the tollbooth to pay, I saw a Nupe in front of us already at the gate. I saw his license plate frame. The gate opened for his car to go as we were pulling up. I pulled out the slip to pay really fast so I could pay, pull off and catch him. I wanted to throw the Yo! at him.

Man, as soon as that gate opened, I took off and accelerated at a speed she wasn't pleased with. Talk about mad. That silent treatment she gave me lasted for about 30-minutes before she lit into me. But, I seldom get the silent treatment because I have one of those women who nips an issue in the bud, says what she means and means what she says. If I do get the silent treatment, it's very short-lived.

Now, if I see a bruh (if she's in the car with me), I just beep the horn 3 times LOL.

Quote:
There comes a time when it's all been said and you just have to trust the personality/reasoning of the person you're with to get to a place of mutual understanding.
I agree with this 110%.

Quote:
Lmao! PB, you a fool, man. This is too funny because it was the ride home silent treatment after the fraternity dinner/function. I hear you and I've been doing that. I think it's just a communication thing. Communication (lack of) causes the most issues in relationships. Maybe I said or did something while we were there. Like StealthMode and my frat said, I'll just have to wait until she tells me what's on her mind.
LOL "long ride home" silent treatments can make a 5-minute ride feel like 5-hours.

I see where you're coming from, Phroz. But I think it's more than just communication. I think there's a vast difference between who we are versus how we present ourselves. I often refer to this tension as the friction between our ideal self and our real self. Unfortunately, we don't marry the ideal but the reality. Yet, the ideal projections of both you and your partner can create expectations that counter the reality of your relationship once the masks are off.

To me, the number one killer of relationships is not communication or even finances -- it's expectations. Only when we expect our relationships to go a certain way and they veer from that do we end up offended by the other person. That's why I think during courtship (before marriage) it's important to be blunt and ask the other person what they expect from a relationship with you. And tell her, in kind, what you expect.

Good luck, brother. I'm positive things will come around in the right direction.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Man, as soon as that gate opened, I took off and accelerated at a speed she wasn't pleased with. Talk about mad. That silent treatment she gave me lasted for about 30-minutes before she lit into me.

Lol! I would've love to have been a fly on the wall at that tollbooth to see how that went.

I do the same thing, though, when I see a bruh. Probably not at the speeds you were doing. Your car moves Lol.

Quote:
I see where you're coming from, Phroz. But I think it's more than just communication. I think there's a vast difference between who we are versus how we present ourselves. I often refer to this tension as the friction between our ideal self and our real self. Unfortunately, we don't marry the ideal but the reality. Yet, the ideal projections of both you and your partner can create expectations that counter the reality of your relationship once the masks are off.

To me, the number one killer of relationships is not communication or even finances -- it's expectations. Only when we expect our relationships to go a certain way and they veer from that do we end up offended by the other person. That's why I think during courtship (before marriage) it's important to be blunt and ask the other person what they expect from a relationship with you. And tell her, in kind, what you expect.

Good luck, brother. I'm positive things will come around in the right direction.
This make sense, PB. I agree. We never really had a down-to-earth talk about what we expect from each other. That's a conversation we need to have.

She's cool, now. I'm just trying to figure out what it was so if it was me, I don't do it again.