GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 298,942
Threads: 114,174
Posts: 2,151,063
Welcome to our newest member, davidwilla
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 03-02-2015, 01:42 AM
msPana msPana is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
Due to responses like this. You do not know how much of an impact people have on others. This whole thread was full of contradictions. And how do you know it has no correlation with my choices. Obviously if I read it, it meant something. Try asking before assuming because that's all I have been reading throughout this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 03-02-2015, 02:19 AM
Sororitysock Sororitysock is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Glorious and free
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by msPana View Post
Well I thought it was openness and sisterhood on this greekchat. This is very discouraging to a prospect. Sometimes sororities and fraternities become people's lives. (Which they should be for members.)But what about those who admire the service and work of a particular organization? What about those who aspire to be apart of such an outstanding group of people and make it their purpose in life to acheive such a goal? Making assumptions and being "stabby" towards someone due to their mishaps is beyond commendable. I do not believe your sorority, whether it be NPC or NPHC, will be proud of the choice of words and the deformation of history/ sisterhood placed on this forum. The atttitude given to an Al is that of a "Mean girl". We, as women, already have a lot to deal with a lot when it comes to being treated unjustly in this world. The meaning of "sisterhood" is used so loosely and then followed with an attitude or a stir in a non-greek direction. I am not greek and did not get the chance to go through a collegiate MIP. This did not distract me or stop me. I knew plenty of associates whom joined, but in reality, I knew I would be a part of the sisterhood I researched whether then or later in life. Do not be the reason a Woman is sent in a different direction. I am, personally, way too strong to let people knock me down. I was broke! Graduated with my Bachelors and made it out. Watch what you say about the less fortunate because we end up being the "over achievers/ most loyal" to the sorority you are making out to be something totally different. Never judge a book by its cover because you may not have been sitting in your spot if it weren't for people you know. Support is what is needed, not backlash. Goodnight. Stay blessed and prayed up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by msPana View Post
Due to responses like this. You do not know how much of an impact people have on others. This whole thread was full of contradictions. And how do you know it has no correlation with my choices. Obviously if I read it, it meant something. Try asking before assuming because that's all I have been reading throughout this thread.
Dear eternal aspirant:
Bless your heart! You think you know what makes our sororities "proud" of their members and how we define and live our sisterhoods. You really should have stopped with the phrase "I am not Greek."

You also should know the definition of words before you use them. The inappropriate use of big or nonexistent words makes you look ignorant. It's clear you didn't pledge the library instead of a sorority.

God bless you in your eternal search!
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 03-02-2015, 06:41 AM
msPana msPana is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
God Bless you! and thank you! Anything else? I dont why we come on here looking for support. Have a BLESSED AND NICE DAY
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 03-02-2015, 09:30 AM
SWTXBelle's Avatar
SWTXBelle SWTXBelle is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Land of Chaos
Posts: 8,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by msPana View Post
God Bless you! and thank you! Anything else? I dont why we come on here looking for support. Have a BLESSED AND NICE DAY
Sigh. At least most flounces are in English . . .
__________________
Gamma Phi Beta
Courtesy is owed, respect is earned, love is given.
Proud daughter AND mother of a Gamma Phi. 3 generations of love, labor, learning and loyalty.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 03-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Pope Pope is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Vatican
Posts: 48
I just read this whole thread. How delightful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msPana View Post
Have a BLESSED AND NICE DAY
You, too. WE WILL PRAY FOR YOU.
__________________
I'm not Greek, but that's ok. I'm The Pope.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 03-03-2015, 12:19 AM
indygphib indygphib is online now
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by msPana View Post
Well I thought it was openness and sisterhood on this greekchat. This is very discouraging to a prospect. Sometimes sororities and fraternities become people's lives. (Which they should be for members.)But what about those who admire the service and work of a particular organization? What about those who aspire to be apart of such an outstanding group of people and make it their purpose in life to acheive such a goal? Making assumptions and being "stabby" towards someone due to their mishaps is beyond commendable. I do not believe your sorority, whether it be NPC or NPHC, will be proud of the choice of words and the deformation of history/ sisterhood placed on this forum. The atttitude given to an Al is that of a "Mean girl". We, as women, already have a lot to deal with a lot when it comes to being treated unjustly in this world. The meaning of "sisterhood" is used so loosely and then followed with an attitude or a stir in a non-greek direction. I am not greek and did not get the chance to go through a collegiate MIP. This did not distract me or stop me. I knew plenty of associates whom joined, but in reality, I knew I would be a part of the sisterhood I researched whether then or later in life. Do not be the reason a Woman is sent in a different direction. I am, personally, way too strong to let people knock me down. I was broke! Graduated with my Bachelors and made it out. Watch what you say about the less fortunate because we end up being the "over achievers/ most loyal" to the sorority you are making out to be something totally different. Never judge a book by its cover because you may not have been sitting in your spot if it weren't for people you know. Support is what is needed, not backlash. Goodnight. Stay blessed and prayed up!
We haven't had a mega-flounce like this one in a while, have we?



And if you think I'm a meanie:

__________________


Last edited by indygphib; 03-03-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Interested??? Ayo_MimiiJ Locals 3 07-16-2014 05:30 PM
Interested AngiRd Beta Sigma Phi 4 10-10-2011 11:10 PM
Sororities more interested in badges and Fraternities more interested in COA? purcupile Greek Life 16 08-19-2010 05:34 PM
interested JRippa26 Lambda Theta Phi 9 05-14-2008 08:29 PM
Interested chulopr Lambda Theta Phi 3 10-18-2004 06:59 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.