GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,519
0 members and 1,519 guests
No Members online

Old 03-02-2015, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Due to responses like this. You do not know how much of an impact people have on others. This whole thread was full of contradictions. And how do you know it has no correlation with my choices. Obviously if I read it, it meant something. Try asking before assuming because that's all I have been reading throughout this thread.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msPana View Post
Well I thought it was openness and sisterhood on this greekchat. This is very discouraging to a prospect. Sometimes sororities and fraternities become people's lives. (Which they should be for members.)But what about those who admire the service and work of a particular organization? What about those who aspire to be apart of such an outstanding group of people and make it their purpose in life to acheive such a goal? Making assumptions and being "stabby" towards someone due to their mishaps is beyond commendable. I do not believe your sorority, whether it be NPC or NPHC, will be proud of the choice of words and the deformation of history/ sisterhood placed on this forum. The atttitude given to an Al is that of a "Mean girl". We, as women, already have a lot to deal with a lot when it comes to being treated unjustly in this world. The meaning of "sisterhood" is used so loosely and then followed with an attitude or a stir in a non-greek direction. I am not greek and did not get the chance to go through a collegiate MIP. This did not distract me or stop me. I knew plenty of associates whom joined, but in reality, I knew I would be a part of the sisterhood I researched whether then or later in life. Do not be the reason a Woman is sent in a different direction. I am, personally, way too strong to let people knock me down. I was broke! Graduated with my Bachelors and made it out. Watch what you say about the less fortunate because we end up being the "over achievers/ most loyal" to the sorority you are making out to be something totally different. Never judge a book by its cover because you may not have been sitting in your spot if it weren't for people you know. Support is what is needed, not backlash. Goodnight. Stay blessed and prayed up!
Quote:
Due to responses like this. You do not know how much of an impact people have on others. This whole thread was full of contradictions. And how do you know it has no correlation with my choices. Obviously if I read it, it meant something. Try asking before assuming because that's all I have been reading throughout this thread.
Dear eternal aspirant:
Bless your heart! You think you know what makes our sororities "proud" of their members and how we define and live our sisterhoods. You really should have stopped with the phrase "I am not Greek."

You also should know the definition of words before you use them. The inappropriate use of big or nonexistent words makes you look ignorant. It's clear you didn't pledge the library instead of a sorority.

God bless you in your eternal search!
Old 03-02-2015, 05:41 AM
GreekChat Member

God Bless you! and thank you! Anything else? I dont why we come on here looking for support. Have a BLESSED AND NICE DAY
Old 03-02-2015, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
God Bless you! and thank you! Anything else? I dont why we come on here looking for support. Have a BLESSED AND NICE DAY
Sigh. At least most flounces are in English . . .
Old 03-02-2015, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I just read this whole thread. How delightful.

Quote:
Have a BLESSED AND NICE DAY
You, too. WE WILL PRAY FOR YOU.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well I thought it was openness and sisterhood on this greekchat. This is very discouraging to a prospect. Sometimes sororities and fraternities become people's lives. (Which they should be for members.)But what about those who admire the service and work of a particular organization? What about those who aspire to be apart of such an outstanding group of people and make it their purpose in life to acheive such a goal? Making assumptions and being "stabby" towards someone due to their mishaps is beyond commendable. I do not believe your sorority, whether it be NPC or NPHC, will be proud of the choice of words and the deformation of history/ sisterhood placed on this forum. The atttitude given to an Al is that of a "Mean girl". We, as women, already have a lot to deal with a lot when it comes to being treated unjustly in this world. The meaning of "sisterhood" is used so loosely and then followed with an attitude or a stir in a non-greek direction. I am not greek and did not get the chance to go through a collegiate MIP. This did not distract me or stop me. I knew plenty of associates whom joined, but in reality, I knew I would be a part of the sisterhood I researched whether then or later in life. Do not be the reason a Woman is sent in a different direction. I am, personally, way too strong to let people knock me down. I was broke! Graduated with my Bachelors and made it out. Watch what you say about the less fortunate because we end up being the "over achievers/ most loyal" to the sorority you are making out to be something totally different. Never judge a book by its cover because you may not have been sitting in your spot if it weren't for people you know. Support is what is needed, not backlash. Goodnight. Stay blessed and prayed up!
We haven't had a mega-flounce like this one in a while, have we?

And if you think I'm a meanie:

Last edited by indygphib; 03-02-2015 at 11:29 PM.