GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,794
2 members and 1,792 guests
MSKKG, PiperJarma

Old 01-25-2015, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Photos for PNM

Hi,

I have a question about the photos required for recruitment applications and references.

I'm a photographer and want to help my senior girls as much as possible. :-)

I'm doing, per their instruction, a set of three images. All 4 x 6 prints.
- Headshot
- Waist up
- Full length

My question is about wardrobe selection for the girls. Dress? Skirts? Pants? Casual, such as jeans?

I'm curious as to what most girls wear for these images as I would like to advise the girls on the best way to go.

Thank you for any input! Much appreciated!
:-)
Old 01-25-2015, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

When I had my then-boyfriend take my photos almost two years ago (wow, doesn't time fly!) I wore a cute sundress. Sundresses are always a good option, or cute top and skirt or top and pants. Nothing too revealing or outrageous, and make sure it looks like them-i.e. if a girl normally wears her hair curly don't straighten it for the photo or no one will recognize her.

Clemson's recruitment registration software only lets you upload one photo, I think, so the headshot or waist up are most important for recognizing the PNM if that's the case where your girls are going. How nice of you to help them out like that! I am sure the photos are going to be lovely
Old 01-25-2015, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Ditto what Clemsongirl said. Most (if not all) of the software only allows for one upload, so the head & Shoulders is usually the best bet. The rest will be used for RIF/REC writers, etc...

I've seen jeans pulled off perfectly well, IF they're nice, clean, dark jeans with a nice top & nice shoes. Nothing bleached or raggedy. Sundress is great.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Remind your girls that the photos are for other women to see, NOT boys!!!

They need to dress to impress with CLASSINESS, not sexiness. No skin tight, nothing overly revealing, not too short, simple and tasteful jewelry. No other people in the picture with them.

Wear what they love and feel comfortable in. Pants vs. skirt vs. dress doesn't matter.

I think we all pretty much agree that the contemplative picture on the old railroad trestle are DONE.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Also .. no pets or other props in the picture.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
They need to dress to impress with CLASSINESS, not sexiness. No skin tight, nothing overly revealing, not too short, simple and tasteful jewelry. No other people in the picture with them.
Plus, the pictures aren't to IMPRESS the sorority women, they are to help the sorority women remember her. She should look like she will look when going through recruitment. You want the type of pictures that nobody would comment on at all, good or bad, just...accurate.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Makeup as she actually wears it, hair as she normally wears it, clothes that are not distracting. This isn't a modeling shoot, it's identification.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you, ladies! That is exactly what I was thinking. Just wanted confirmation before their sessions.

On a side note, they are getting excited already! I'm photographing seven girls, going to 4 different schools. They are all friends and it's so fun to help them out.

Thank you!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Remind your girls that the photos are for other women to see, NOT boys!!!

Wear what they love and feel comfortable in. Pants vs. skirt vs. dress doesn't matter.

I think we all pretty much agree that the contemplative picture on the old railroad trestle are DONE.
Totally agree!!! And shooting on railroad tracks is actually illegal, so I won't do that. I'm actually thinking of using a medium gray or blue background in the studio. Or perhaps a blue washed out wooden fence outside (which is actually nicer looking than it sounds). Or just a blue sky. I also think the overexposed wistful look while wandering through tall weeds is overdone. :-)

Thanks, again for your help. Very much appreciated!
Old 01-26-2015, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

When my daughter went through recruitment we used her senior pictures, which were taken with recruitment in mind. In one she wore a cute little summer dress, in another capris and a nice top, and we did a third, more dramatic dressier look. Some were more formal and others a little more playful. Our goal was to create a "look" that other girls would respond to. Kind of a girl-next- door that others would want to be friends with. Remember that during recruitment their pictures ARE the first impression that most will get. A good picture is one that can create an emotion felt by those looking at it. This girl is nice, this girl is fun, this girl is classy, this girl is someone I want to know.

She may only meet a handful of girls during recruitment, but the entire chapter will see the pictures. They are way more than a source of identification.

The girls you photograph have this opportunity to express themselves through pictures. This is a great opportunity to market themselves and create a positive first impression.

No pressure! Lol
Old 01-26-2015, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearttoheart View Post
When my daughter went through recruitment we used her senior pictures, which were taken with recruitment in mind. In one she wore a cute little summer dress, in another capris and a nice top, and we did a third, more dramatic dressier look. Some were more formal and others a little more playful. Our goal was to create a "look" that other girls would respond to. Kind of a girl-next- door that others would want to be friends with. Remember that during recruitment their pictures ARE the first impression that most will get. A good picture is one that can create an emotion felt by those looking at it. This girl is nice, this girl is fun, this girl is classy, this girl is someone I want to know.

She may only meet a handful of girls during recruitment, but the entire chapter will see the pictures. They are way more than a source of identification.

The girls you photograph have this opportunity to express themselves through pictures. This is a great opportunity to market themselves and create a positive first impression.

No pressure! Lol
Good advice! Thank you!!!
Old 01-27-2015, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Simple, everyday clothing - no fancy prom outfits and evening hair and makeup. The pix will help sorority members identify her, so a PNM needs to look like she will look coming through the door. I like portrait or waist-up the best. I had plenty of pictures, full length, where the face is about .2" tall. Many of these are enlarged and used in a Power Point presentation, so they need to be pretty dense, pixel-wise.