GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 296,955
Threads: 114,108
Welcome to our newest member, dzzycttsa1374

Old 09-09-2014, 02:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Part Five: Skit Night

I waited anxiously all day for my party schedule, hoping and praying that I had been invited back to all five, but specifically to Anna. I couldn't keep my mind off it! Finally a mere hour and a half before my first party I got the message. It read:

Rapunzel
Snow White
Merida

My heart dropped. I felt sick. Anna had dropped me. Anna, had dropped me! I couldn't comprehend it, it was what I had dreaded and prayed with all my might wouldn't happen. I tried to look on the bright side, I still had Rapunzel! But no matter how much I tried to think about how much I had loved them yesterday my mind kept coming back to Anna and Elsa. Why did they drop me? Why didn't they like me? What did I do wrong? Questions kept rolling though my mind and I couldn't seem to stop them

I went to my first party at Rapunzel in the rain, it matched my gloomy mood. I was having a hard time shaking off my funk! Then they came out, all the girls in their skit outfits, smiling so warmly at us. I looked at them and remembered how much I had really enjoyed my time at Rapunzel the day before. I had a big smile on my face as I was lead into the house and sat down to watch their skit. I adored it! It was adorable, genuine and had an amazing theme. The girls were all so talented! I continued to talk to the same girl who had taken me in for the rest of the party, she was really sweet and excited about her house. As she lead me out she told me I reminded her of many of her sisters, I smiled ear to ear and told her that I really hoped I would see her tomorrow. I left Rapunzel glowing, I had a new hope that I could find my home in another house other than Anna.

I walked off to Show White, it was still raining outside but my mood was much improved. Snow White has been an underdog so far in my rush experience. They were nice everyday, fine, but not particularly special. Today I found something special in them: their sisterhood. They were so strong together! They had a great, diverse group of girls. They may not be the top dogs on campus, but they seem to really enjoy each others company. Their skit was a bit of a mess even! But they were having so much fun with it that I didn't really mind. Even though I hadn't been exactly thrilled with them the past could days, they kept inviting me back. I left thinking that they must see something in me, so I should open my heart to them.

Last I went to Merida. Merida had a really excellent skit! It was hilarious and really fit their personalities. I was laughing the whole time! I also enjoyed talking to the girls I did. I had a very good time at this house tonight, but I thought that Snow White had eclipsed Merida tonight.

I went to do my (useless) voting and I saw Tinkerbelle. When she saw me she walked up to me and asked how I was doing, I had told her that I was cut by Anna. Earlier in the day I had also done some digging, Tinkerbelle was an Anna. She came up and seemed genuinely concerned, she told me she was so surprised when she heard the news and that recruitment could be brutal. She gave me a hug and the tears started coming, everything hit me again. Next thing I knew I was crying in front of Tinkerbelle and all of the other girls voting in the large room. The tears felt like they came out of no where, but they seemed right at the time. It hit me that Anna had cut me and that Rapunzel could likely cut me tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allo View Post
I waited anxiously all day for my party schedule, hoping and praying that I had been invited back to all five, but specifically to Anna. I couldn't keep my mind off it! Finally a mere hour and a half before my first party I got the message. It read:

Rapunzel
Snow White
Merida

My heart dropped. I felt sick. Anna had dropped me. Anna, had dropped me! I couldn't comprehend it, it was what I had dreaded and prayed with all my might wouldn't happen. I tried to look on the bright side, I still had Rapunzel! But no matter how much I tried to think about how much I had loved them yesterday my mind kept coming back to Anna and Elsa. Why did they drop me? Why didn't they like me? What did I do wrong? Questions kept rolling though my mind and I couldn't seem to stop them

I went to my first party at Rapunzel in the rain, it matched my gloomy mood. I was having a hard time shaking off my funk! Then they came out, all the girls in their skit outfits, smiling so warmly at us. I looked at them and remembered how much I had really enjoyed my time at Rapunzel the day before. I had a big smile on my face as I was lead into the house and sat down to watch their skit. I adored it! It was adorable, genuine and had an amazing theme. The girls were all so talented! I continued to talk to the same girl who had taken me in for the rest of the party, she was really sweet and excited about her house. As she lead me out she told me I reminded her of many of her sisters, I smiled ear to ear and told her that I really hoped I would see her tomorrow. I left Rapunzel glowing, I had a new hope that I could find my home in another house other than Anna.

I walked off to Show White, it was still raining outside but my mood was much improved. Snow White has been an underdog so far in my rush experience. They were nice everyday, fine, but not particularly special. Today I found something special in them: their sisterhood. They were so strong together! They had a great, diverse group of girls. They may not be the top dogs on campus, but they seem to really enjoy each others company. Their skit was a bit of a mess even! But they were having so much fun with it that I didn't really mind. Even though I hadn't been exactly thrilled with them the past could days, they kept inviting me back. I left thinking that they must see something in me, so I should open my heart to them.

Last I went to Merida. Merida had a really excellent skit! It was hilarious and really fit their personalities. I was laughing the whole time! I also enjoyed talking to the girls I did. I had a very good time at this house tonight, but I thought that Snow White had eclipsed Merida tonight.

I went to do my (useless) voting and I saw Tinkerbelle. When she saw me she walked up to me and asked how I was doing, I had told her that I was cut by Anna. Earlier in the day I had also done some digging, Tinkerbelle was an Anna. She came up and seemed genuinely concerned, she told me she was so surprised when she heard the news and that recruitment could be brutal. She gave me a hug and the tears started coming, everything hit me again. Next thing I knew I was crying in front of Tinkerbelle and all of the other girls voting in the large room. The tears felt like they came out of no where, but they seemed right at the time. It hit me that Anna had cut me and that Rapunzel could likely cut me tomorrow.
Oh no!! I hope not. I am so impressed that you gathered your wits after you received your invitation list and that you enjoyed yourself at all three sororities. I hope after your cry-and who doesn't need a good cry every now and then?- that you felt better and that you were able to appreciate what a great time you had at your parties. As we always say on GC, concentrate on the ones who invited you back. They really, really wanted to see you again!
Old 09-09-2014, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

You poor thing. You were really doing your best and maintaining a great attitude! Recruitment can be so stressful.

So glad you found a home! You really have your head on your shoulders. I am sure that you are a fabulous addition to your chapter. I can't wait to hear where you ended up!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Bid Day has come and gone!! I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I will say that I am wearing a new shirt today! Under some advisement, I have decided to wait until next week to post my story. Just a precaution since I don't want to unintentionally upset anyone. So I will post it real time as it happened last week, next week!

I'm very excited to share my story with all of you!!
I would love to hear the end of your story!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post
I would love to hear the end of your story!

Allo
GreekChat Member
Last Activity: Today 09:02 AM

This person is still logging in. I wonder why she's chosen to not post the end of her story.

Connect. Impact. Shine.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
This person is still logging in. I wonder why she's chosen to not post the end of her story.
There may not have been a happy ending. Hopefully that's not the case, though.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Bid Day has come and gone!! I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I will say that I am wearing a new shirt today! Under some advisement, I have decided to wait until next week to post my story. Just a precaution since I don't want to unintentionally upset anyone. So I will post it real time as it happened last week, next week!

I'm very excited to share my story with all of you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukemama View Post
There may not have been a happy ending. Hopefully that's not the case, though.
Happy Ending in real life. No ending to this story....
Old 10-01-2014, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradesTrue View Post
Well, it's obvious I hadn't had my morning coffee yet when I wrote that. Thanks, ComradesTrue.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradesTrue View Post

Unless something negative happened [in her new member experience] before she could finish the story.

I just don't get why someone would continue to log in, but not finish the story.

Connect. Impact. Shine.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: waiting for an extension opening at the University of Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Unless something negative happened [in her new member experience] before she could finish the story.

I just don't get why someone would continue to log in, but not finish the story.
If someone knows the answer and it's not a 'secret' prohibition: Might she be discouraged from posting by her NPC group because she is not yet initiated?