GreekChat.com Forums

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 203,374
Threads: 109,179
Posts: 2,117,571
Welcome to our newest member, nnetaetopa3075
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 08-20-2011, 10:26 PM
honeychile honeychile is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Counting my blessings.
Posts: 24,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by CougADPi View Post
I already answered this awhile ago, but wanted to say, I'm BACK! Miss me?
YES!!!!
__________________
~*~ honeychile - ~ *~"ADPi until I die!"~*~
Proud to be a Macon Magnolia
I am Strong. I am Invincible. I am Blessed!
Reply With Quote

Please contribute to help with the costs of running GreekChat.

Donations can be made via PayPal or Fundly.

Everyone who chips in towards this GreekChat fundraiser will have a GC premium membership added to their account (or extended, for those who already have GC premium memberships). [discuss]

  #332  
Old 08-28-2011, 01:15 AM
ADPiBamaAlum ADPiBamaAlum is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6
1. The University of Alabama - Roll Tide Roll!
2. Eta Chapter - 104 years old and going strong
3. Alumna
4. Panhellenic Delegate, Homecoming Queen Nominee
5. I joined ADPi because the girls there were truly interested in getting to know me as a person, not just exchanging pleasantries. They were warm and real and made me feel that I belonged, and I did - and they became family.
6. So many memories - homecoming parade, lawn signs, serious night singing, swaps... I think some of the most fun we had was Sigma Chi Derby - dancing together.. we didn't win it, but we had a blast.
__________________
A D P
Eta
Chapter ~ The University of Alabama ~ Est. 1907
*~ First. Finest. Forever. Since 1851 ~*
Macon Magnolia
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 03-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Loyally1851 Loyally1851 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7
1. College or University--Pledged at Troy State University (Troy University now); graduated Univ of Alabama

2. ADPi Chapter--Epsilon Kappa

3. Collegian or Alumnae--Alumnae '00

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held--Alpha Educator -(I think we call it New Memember Coordinator now)

5. Why you joined ADPi--We are the best! First. Finest. Forever. I always new I would go through Rush when I went to college. The girls at EK TSU were genuine and sweet. They really showed the bonds of sisterhood. To an entering Freshman far from home, Sisters Forever, home, and friendship is what I found in the chapter room at ADPi 1995. I miss you Pace Hall. :-)

6. Favorite ADPi memory--I have so many and some many yet to come. The most vivid is during our intitiation when all is revealed. I recently got to go through jewel degree at Southern Miss with my Sister X2 (sister in law & ADPi sister). And this Friday, I will be eating lunch with another new found sister to help organize the Alumnae Association in the Starkville area for the return EH chapter at Mississippi State Univ--Spring 2013!
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 04-28-2012, 02:48 PM
I Am A Tourist I Am A Tourist is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Because I'm an active member, I won't post my school and chapter.

1. College or University
2. ADPi Chapter
3. Collegian or Alumna - Collegian
4. ADPi and Panhellenic positions held - None yet, but I really want to hold one in the future!
5. Why you joined ADPi - Throughout the ADPi recruitment events I went to, I really noticed how real everyone was. Everyone I talked to had such varied talents and interests. I could easily see myself as one of them and I could see that they would accept me for who I am.
6. Favorite ADPi memory - Even though I've only been an ADPi for a few months, this one is really hard. I have a few: Black Diamond Formal shortly after I joined; I didn't know very many people, but everyone was so welcoming and I had a blast. I also met the sister who would become my Big there. Big/Little reveal. At one point this semester, I was in a play and on opening night, a bunch of my sisters were sitting in the front row wearing letters and we went out for ice cream afterwards. That really made me feel loved. Diamond Days/Initiation and hanging out with my Big after Initiation; so much sisterhood, and I love knowing all those secrets now. I love looking back on all these memories, and I can't wait for all the great times I have ahead of me as an ADPi!
__________________
Alpha Delta Pi
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 04-28-2012, 02:57 PM
honeychile honeychile is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Counting my blessings.
Posts: 24,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am A Tourist View Post
Because I'm an active member, I won't post my school and chapter.

1. College or University
2. ADPi Chapter
3. Collegian or Alumna - Collegian
4. ADPi and Panhellenic positions held - None yet, but I really want to hold one in the future!
5. Why you joined ADPi - Throughout the ADPi recruitment events I went to, I really noticed how real everyone was. Everyone I talked to had such varied talents and interests. I could easily see myself as one of them and I could see that they would accept me for who I am.
6. Favorite ADPi memory - Even though I've only been an ADPi for a few months, this one is really hard. I have a few: Black Diamond Formal shortly after I joined; I didn't know very many people, but everyone was so welcoming and I had a blast. I also met the sister who would become my Big there. Big/Little reveal. At one point this semester, I was in a play and on opening night, a bunch of my sisters were sitting in the front row wearing letters and we went out for ice cream afterwards. That really made me feel loved. Diamond Days/Initiation and hanging out with my Big after Initiation; so much sisterhood, and I love knowing all those secrets now. I love looking back on all these memories, and I can't wait for all the great times I have ahead of me as an ADPi!
Welcome to GreekChat, I AM A TOURIST. I must warn you that we've had a perp amongst us in the past few days, and you may not get the greetings that you normally would. Otherwise, we'd be loving on you!
__________________
~*~ honeychile - ~ *~"ADPi until I die!"~*~
Proud to be a Macon Magnolia
I am Strong. I am Invincible. I am Blessed!
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 PM
I Am A Tourist I Am A Tourist is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Thanks! I did see that...glad that's getting sorted out.
__________________
Alpha Delta Pi
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 10-14-2012, 10:34 PM
johansla johansla is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 60
1. College or University- James Madison University
2. ADPi Chapter- future Theta Omicron
3. Collegian or Alumna - Collegian
4. ADPi and Panhellenic positions held - None yet, but I plan on running for a chapter executive position very soon
5. Why you joined ADPi - I wanted to join a sorority my sophomore year after seeing all of my friends go through recruitment and have amazing times and connections with their sisters last year. I went through formal recruitment, and it didn't work out. Alpha Delta Pi luckily was colonizing at JMU this year, and I was blessed to go through colony "recruitment" and was extended a bid! I was so excited with the idea of being a founding sister; I'd looked at ADPi over the summer before formal recruitment and loved it, so I realize now that I was meant to be an ADPi all along.
6. Favorite ADPi memory - Well, I've been a member for only a month or so now, but Bid Day was probably the best so far. We had our Bid Celebration and our Alpha Ceremony that same day, and it made me so much more connected to the sisterhood and solidified that I was joining a sorority. It was an unforgettable day.
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 10-14-2012, 11:02 PM
honeychile honeychile is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Counting my blessings.
Posts: 24,346
I think we have our first Colonist! Congratulations, johansla, from all of us!!
__________________
~*~ honeychile - ~ *~"ADPi until I die!"~*~
Proud to be a Macon Magnolia
I am Strong. I am Invincible. I am Blessed!
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Tropical_Dancer Tropical_Dancer is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UM
Posts: 137
Welcome to the first and finest johansla! <>
__________________
Alpha Delta Pi
It's All About The U
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Tropical_Dancer Tropical_Dancer is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UM
Posts: 137
I realized I never did this

. College or University- The U
2. ADPi Chapter- Gamma Delta
3. Collegian or Alumna- Alumna
4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held- Guard, Property Manager, Dance Co-Chair, Recruitment Counselor, Rho Lambda
5. Why you joined ADPi- Well I have a recruitment story on here that I'm frightened to go back and look at but I joined because it was where I felt most comfortable.
6. Favorite ADPi memory- Dancing and having so much fun with my sisters every semester. It was a lot of practice but I got to know everyone so well because of that. That and having my best friends by my side for everything
__________________
Alpha Delta Pi
It's All About The U
Reply With Quote
  #341  
Old 10-16-2012, 05:29 PM
ADPi95 ADPi95 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia via Texas
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by johansla View Post
1. College or University- James Madison University
2. ADPi Chapter- future Theta Omicron
3. Collegian or Alumna - Collegian
4. ADPi and Panhellenic positions held - None yet, but I plan on running for a chapter executive position very soon
5. Why you joined ADPi - I wanted to join a sorority my sophomore year after seeing all of my friends go through recruitment and have amazing times and connections with their sisters last year. I went through formal recruitment, and it didn't work out. Alpha Delta Pi luckily was colonizing at JMU this year, and I was blessed to go through colony "recruitment" and was extended a bid! I was so excited with the idea of being a founding sister; I'd looked at ADPi over the summer before formal recruitment and loved it, so I realize now that I was meant to be an ADPi all along.
6. Favorite ADPi memory - Well, I've been a member for only a month or so now, but Bid Day was probably the best so far. We had our Bid Celebration and our Alpha Ceremony that same day, and it made me so much more connected to the sisterhood and solidified that I was joining a sorority. It was an unforgettable day.
Hi Johansla! Wasn't bid day/Alpha ceremony a great day? So proud to be one of your advisors You can PM me if you ever need anything!!
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 10-16-2012, 06:21 PM
adpimiz adpimiz is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 366
1. University of Missouri
2. Alpha Gamma
3. Collegian
4. None yet!
5. I felt so at home there, it was my number one choice.
6. Being initiated.
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 PM
em_adpi em_adpi is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Texas/Indiana
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical_Dancer View Post
I realized I never did this

. College or University- The U
2. ADPi Chapter- Gamma Delta
3. Collegian or Alumna- Alumna
4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held- Guard, Property Manager, Dance Co-Chair, Recruitment Counselor, Rho Lambda
5. Why you joined ADPi- Well I have a recruitment story on here that I'm frightened to go back and look at but I joined because it was where I felt most comfortable.
6. Favorite ADPi memory- Dancing and having so much fun with my sisters every semester. It was a lot of practice but I got to know everyone so well because of that. That and having my best friends by my side for everything
Okay, this is how long I've been a member of GC - I remember when you got your bid. hahaha
__________________
Like it, love it, ΑΔΠ

Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Tropical_Dancer Tropical_Dancer is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UM
Posts: 137
^ and now I'm an alumna. Time flies! I have to say my first Homecoming away was hard but I'm getting used to the post-grad life!
__________________
Alpha Delta Pi
It's All About The U
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:05 PM
johansla johansla is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 60
Thank you, Honeychile and ADPi95! Bid Day was amazing and we had our initiation and our chapter installation this past weekend! I am so proud to say I am now a Delta, a Sister of Alpha Delta Pi! <>
I'm possibly going to put up some information on what colony life was like so you can get a taste of what we did! Our Leadership Consultant is the best, she's really been guiding us the whole way and made this seem seamless though I'm sure the workload was immense!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.