GreekChat.com Forums

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 186,224
Threads: 108,688
Welcome to our newest member, howmefddmdos

Old 11-06-2011, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats!!

Enjoy!

Please contribute to help with the costs of running GreekChat.

Donations can be made via PayPal or Fundly.

Everyone who chips in towards this GreekChat fundraiser will have a GC premium membership added to their account (or extended, for those who already have GC premium memberships). [discuss]

Old 11-06-2011, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
^^^My sister isn't sure she'll be attending, as of last night. Marg mentioned looking for extra funding for her since she just took on President of the new alumnae club to support the USC colonization.

Either way, I plan on going--as long as nothing catastrophic comes up that drains my savings account.

We should pick a GC meeting spot, since I've never met any of you!
We'll exchange cell numbers and stuff No worries, we will find you or you will find us. Some of us will be fairly easy to find!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLynn View Post
I probably won't be at Convention; hoping we are moving about that time!

Maybe at the USC Initiation or something.

If I make a concrete plan to go to Convention something will prevent me, like the last three Conventions. 2008 & 2010 would have been a ridiculous trip from Alaska and I would have had to take appropriate clothing with me to the field (either keeping it in my tent/Conex or with a kind person in town) or have someone send it ahead to meet me there.

The graduate program I will likely begin next fall starts the end of August so making sure I pack everything up and get there is my priority. Regardless of whether I start in August or not I am moving back home so once I coordinate the U-Haul and how much money that involves I can think about Convention. However, I could drive all my stuff home, fly from there to Convention, fly back to Idaho and then pick up my car to drive home. If I could find another squirrel to take Amtrak with me from home to St. Louis and we split a room it would be cheaper than flying and less exhaustive than driving. Same amount of time to drive from Idaho or from back home if I already made the move, 30 hours.

agzg!!! You should check with Amtrak as there is a direct train from Chicago to St. Louis and before discounts (AAA or sales) a round trip is under $50. It is about five and a half hours which is about the same as it takes to drive. Only trick is checked baggage issue, not all trains have checked baggage so you need to schlep it yourself. I think Dee had the luggage issue when she went to Convention in Chicago. Dee, you can do the same trip with agzg for about $56 each way, though from Detroit to Chicago, no checked luggage...of course. It is only eight blocks from the hotel 8$ cab ride, according to the hotel webpage, sounds better than the airport.

It is no lie, I really dislike commercial air travel unless I can swing first class and even then it is barely tolerable. This squirrel like to fly in small private planes or with the benefits of first class security lines, seats, boarding, and luggage privileges. I think this is why I am so pro-train.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, never doing Amtrak for Convention again. Schlepping that luggage gave me huge bruises on my shoulders (garment bag) and messed up an elbow. It doesn't help much if the luggage is on wheels because you have to get it up stairs to the boarding platform at the local stop PLUS up the steps to the train itself. That was a nightmare. Business casual clothes for four days plus formal dresses for night time= heavy luggage. But, I'm probably going to have to fly right into St. Louis due to the time element this time (agzg and I talked about me flying to Chicago and us driving from there originally). It's an extra day of travel each way that way and time is more valuable than money for me at the moment, I'm afraid. I had a huge loss of vacation time when I changed jobs. Hypoallergenic originally expressed some interest in coming along and exploring St. Louis while I am at Convention but I'm not sure if she still wants to do that. She loves St. Louis though.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
There are squirrel socks at Target for $1.50!

I had to buy 4 pairs to give to some chapter sisters!

Vita Brevis, Ars Longa
Live with Purpose
Old 01-11-2012, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Double posting, but just had to say:

I'm so excited about alumnae chapter tomorrow! We are doing a ritual review for our program!

Vita Brevis, Ars Longa
Live with Purpose
Old 01-23-2012, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

BUMP!

Sending you all some Panhell love, and this, because today is Squirrel Appreciation Day (or so it says on the website, don't hate me if it's not).

http://www.buzzfeed.com/burnred/make...-squirrel-281t
Old 04-23-2012, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I won the Scholarship Key in my chapter, I'm so proud of myself!! And it looks so beautiful Now to buy a gold chain!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdInCanada11 View Post
I won the Scholarship Key in my chapter, I'm so proud of myself!! And it looks so beautiful Now to buy a gold chain!
Congratulations! I cherish the one I received in 1987
Old 04-24-2012, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

UI and Benoit family reach a settlement that includes new university policies

The settlement money is going to be used to honor our sister, Kathryn Benoit's memory by:

"The creation of an educational forum that will be named in Benoit's honor and "founded in safety, value-based decision-making, and rights and responsibilities."

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...ith-slain.html
Old 06-15-2012, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay Benzgirl on your new position
Old 06-20-2012, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my upholstery choices for my new work chair was Pink Squirrel. It was very hard to resist but I chose something more neutral that wasn't so bright and pink.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I get to see my AGD Mama today!

Vita Brevis, Ars Longa
Live with Purpose
Old 07-17-2012, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

lane swerve...

Squirrel Sighting...

Online and in Wednesday's (July 18) Chicago Tribune newspaper all Alpha Gams can view the Scott Stantis Cartoon Caption Contest drawing, which this week includes several squirrels.

end Lane Swerve.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Apparently Target has squirrel-print planners this year. I must have gone at least three times in the past week and didn't see them once!