GreekChat.com Forums

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 206,854
Threads: 109,338
Posts: 2,120,296
Welcome to our newest member, afuyeggqnu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6811  
Old 02-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Cen1aur 1963 Cen1aur 1963 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
If you think that's "talking shit," you're the one who's soft.
Talking shit is talking shit, to me. Being passive aggressive is being soft. I don't play the passive aggressive game. If I see it, I'll call you out on it. Like I said, if you have something you want to post to me, do it, but post it TO me, or don't say shit at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
However, this is the RANDOM thread. Nothing here is a blanket statement that applies to all cases. There are nearly always information and details missing and the thoughts posted are all out of context because it's the RANDOM thread.
Exactly, and I can "radomly" respond to those "blanket statements". How many times have folks posted random shit, and folks replied missing info or not? Don't single me out. If you post some shit, and I want to respond, I don't care if all your "ts" are crossed twice, I'm going to respond accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Stop being so damn sensitive about everything.
LOL @ this ironic shit. You're one of the main mofos not chatting with folks who somehow pissed you off and for a minute, was about to throw me in the mix, and then gonna turn around a call me out on being sensitive. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
You wear your insecurities and subsequent feelings out in the open and they need to be shoved back in. I don't say that because I don't care that you've been hurt--you obviously have and if your father is what you say he is then that really does suck and I'm sorry that happened to you because a child deserves better. HOWEVER, you've obviously got a lot of buttons and none of us could possibly know where they are because we don't know you. I don't post to you because you constantly lash out over your hurt feelings that no one knows anything about. If someone touches one of your buttons, you could at least attempt to remember they didn't personally attack you and that username is not the person who did it to you.
Everybody has those "buttons" including you, whether you choose to respond if somebody pushes your buttons is on you. I've seen usernames go off on other usernames for making a "random" post, buttons got pushed and folks went off. LOL and you were one of the main mofos on here backing shit up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Please show me where I said it was true in all cases--because I didn't.
I was responding to your original post.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
I really didn't think a ton of qualifications were necessary. But, if you want to get all crumply about a general statement someone on the internet made, have at it!
A ton of qualifications are never necessary when posting a random post, or any post for that matter. But since when has that ever stopped anybody from responding to the post? You should be the last person talking shit about somebody getting all "crumply" about a general statement somebody made on the internet. My frat also made a general statement, just like you did, and you got all "crumply" to him and turned around can called him a "pompous ass". Funny thing, he wasn't getting all bent ouf shape with you. Before you check me about checking you on your "general statement", go back and read some of you own "crumply" shit you posted. What's good for your black ass to post is also good for me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
You are responsible for your own attitude and life, so try to stop blaming your father.
Thanks for that, Cheerful, and I feel what you're saying, but this is easy to say when you yourself haven't been in that situation, unless you have. I don't know, maybe you have. I'm not blaming dude, but that shit does have a long-term affect on folks, believe it or not.

Last edited by Cen1aur 1963; 02-20-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Reply With Quote

Please contribute to help with the costs of running GreekChat.

Donations can be made via PayPal or Fundly.

Everyone who chips in towards this GreekChat fundraiser will have a GC premium membership added to their account (or extended, for those who already have GC premium memberships). [discuss]

  #6812  
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 PM
christiangirl christiangirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in the midst of a 90s playlist
Posts: 9,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
Exactly, and I can "radomly" respond to those "blanket statements". How many times have folks posted random shit, and folks replied missing info or not? Don't single me out.
No one is singling you out--when others have done this, I've made the same comments to them but you weren't here for those times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
If you post some shit, and I want to respond, I don't care if all your "ts" are crossed twice, I'm going to respond accordingly.
Fine. Don't get mad when someone comes back and tells you your response is way off-base because you were missing info and purposely refused to clarify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
LOL @ this ironic shit. You're one of the main mofos not chatting with folks who somehow pissed you off and for a minute, was about to throw me in the mix, and then gonna turn around a call me out on being sensitive. LOL!
You have no idea how many users I do and don't chat with or why. Ha, as if randomly cussing someone out and personally insulting them is better. Like I said, I don't ignore you because I'm mad at you. I ignore you because there has yet to be a conversation we see eye-to-eye on that doesn't also make you explode irrationally. When you stop that foolishness, you're likable and funny but the whole landmine vibe cancels that out for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
Everybody has those "buttons" including you, whether you choose to respond if somebody pushes your buttons is on you.
EXACTLY. I think it's better to not respond to a touchy topic unless I can be level-headed enough to not rip off someone's cyber-head when I get a response. I don't pretend it never happens but I make an honest effort and follow through the vast majority of the time. That is the difference between us.
__________________
"We have letters. You have dreams." ~Senusret I

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Reply With Quote
  #6813  
Old 02-20-2012, 05:31 PM
AGDee's Avatar
AGDee AGDee is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,492
*crickets* I don't like how silent my phone and email inbox are. One would think that someone could respond to a text that said "Having a good weekend?" at some point, right? Particularly after a date that went so well.
__________________
AGD
Live with Purpose!
Reply With Quote
  #6814  
Old 02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
cheerfulgreek's Avatar
cheerfulgreek cheerfulgreek is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the state that's shaped like a cute mitten :p
Posts: 12,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
Thanks for that, Cheerful, and I feel what you're saying, but this is easy to say when you yourself haven't been in that situation, unless you have. I don't know, maybe you have. I'm not blaming dude, but that shit does have a long-term affect on folks, believe it or not.
True, I can’t say that I’ve been in your shoes. And no, I don’t know what it’s like to grow up without both parents. I mean, I had a very close relationship with my dad. When he got sick, I had to sit out of school for awhile, hoping he would get better, plus I wanted to be there for my mom. He never did get better. He passed away, and when that happened, I can’t even describe what that did to me, and how I felt for so long. I became very negative, I didn’t want to go back to school, I really didn’t want to do anything. I just felt like what’s the point if he’s not here to see me succeed?

Long story short, I got myself together, eventually finished college, and went on and graduated from vet school to become a vet. As for the rest of my life, well, I rebuilt it one brick at a time. As I sorted through the rubble that resulted from that, I found some things that needed to be thrown away and others worthy of keeping. I just felt that I needed to let him go in order to grow and move on. Of course, the pain is always going to be there, and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about him, but what I’m saying to you is that when everything stays the same, nothing changes. That may sound redundant to you, but it really isn’t. I mean, it’s just that in order to take life to the next level, some things have to be removed because they’re only going to impede your progress. No matter where you are, or what you think you lack, there is something to be thankful for right now.

I mean, (based on your posts) you have a college degree, an honest career and I’m sure you have a lot more to be grateful for. It’s just that being grateful takes stock of all you do have without considering what you don’t. Right now, honestly, based on your posts, you have it better than most, even though you may not feel you do.

I’m sorry about your situation, but you have to let that go. You’re not going to go anywhere if you keep dwelling on him, and as a result, you’re not going to be able to grow into a better person. It’s just that when you stop growing, you start stagnating. It’s only when you are willing to get rid of the old that the opportunity for new things presents itself. It’s like a woman holding on to a bad man because she believes something is better than nothing, ya know what I mean? I just believe that many of us rob ourselves of the opportunity to experience God’s best for our lives when we dwell on past negative issues. I know it’s going to take time, but you’ve got to stop dwelling on your dad. What he did was wrong, but you can’t change that. However, you can change your attitude. At least try. I’ll read a Harry Potter book if you do.
__________________
Phi Sigma Society
"Understanding is the fountain of life to those who have it" -Proverbs 16:22

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 02-20-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6815  
Old 02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
christiangirl christiangirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in the midst of a 90s playlist
Posts: 9,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
*crickets* I don't like how silent my phone and email inbox are. One would think that someone could respond to a text that said "Having a good weekend?" at some point, right? Particularly after a date that went so well.
Oh crap, that reminds me. *looks for phone*
__________________
"We have letters. You have dreams." ~Senusret I

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Reply With Quote
  #6816  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Cen1aur 1963 Cen1aur 1963 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
No one is singling you out--when others have done this, I've made the same comments to them but you weren't here for those times.
What I'm saying is that's what folks do. You post something whether it's detailed or not, if somebody has an opinion about that post, they're free to respond. Don't act all innocent as if you don't do the shit, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Fine. Don't get mad when someone comes back and tells you your response is way off-base because you were missing info and purposely refused to clarify.
Get mad? WTF? LOL folks can post whatever the hell they want to post, provided that it's not in any kind of violation to the rules here. If folks disagree with what I've posted, cool, we can debate about it. I don't have a problem with that. If they talk shit in the process, I will also talk shit in the process. Pretty simple concept, to me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
You have no idea how many users I do and don't chat with or why. Ha, as if randomly cussing someone out and personally insulting them is better. Like I said, I don't ignore you because I'm mad at you. I ignore you because there has yet to be a conversation we see eye-to-eye on that doesn't also make you explode irrationally. When you stop that foolishness, you're likable and funny but the whole landmine vibe cancels that out for me.
LOL, that's cool, but I also don't give a shit how many users you fuck with and don't. You've randomly insulted folks too, so don't come on here acting like you haven't, so add yourself in the mix. LOL, christiangirl, like I said, I don't give a shit if you're mad at me, ignore me, or whatever, or for whatever reason. What I am saying is that if you choose not to chat with me, based on whatever reason, cool, but don't talk shit about me (being passive aggressive about it). If you are not going to say whatever your thoughts are about me, TO me, then don't say it at all. Either way, you WILL get a reply, so it's best you say it TO me. I've seen you pull that passive aggressive shit on here before to other folks, and if you want to do that, cool, but it isn't going fly with me, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
EXACTLY. I think it's better to not respond to a touchy topic unless I can be level-headed enough to not rip off someone's cyber-head when I get a response. I don't pretend it never happens but I make an honest effort and follow through the vast majority of the time. That is the difference between us.
Right, because I'm going to respond to a "touchy" topic, or one that doesn't affect me one way or the other. So, we have our differences, nothing wrong with that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I’ll read a Harry Potter book if you do.
LOL! I'm holding you to this one. I feel you with the rest of your post. It was on point, and thank you for the kind remarks.
Reply With Quote
  #6817  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:38 AM
AGDee's Avatar
AGDee AGDee is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
*crickets* I don't like how silent my phone and email inbox are. One would think that someone could respond to a text that said "Having a good weekend?" at some point, right? Particularly after a date that went so well.
Still *crickets*.
__________________
AGD
Live with Purpose!
Reply With Quote
  #6818  
Old 02-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Cen1aur 1963 Cen1aur 1963 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
*crickets* I don't like how silent my phone and email inbox are. One would think that someone could respond to a text that said "Having a good weekend?" at some point, right? Particularly after a date that went so well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Still *crickets*.
Damn, you're sweatin dude like that? LOL it was just one date, unless there have been more dates with dude that you haven't posted about. He might be kickin it with another female friend. You don't know any other dudes you can kick it with in the meantime?
Reply With Quote
  #6819  
Old 02-22-2012, 02:31 PM
TonyB06 TonyB06 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Looking for freedom in an unfree world...
Posts: 4,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
What an absolutely wonderful evening. Two and a half hours of wonderful conversation about everything from school to work to kids to a very deep philosophical discussion about relationships. A couple beers, a little food and some amazing kisses. Geekboy may have redeemed himself. At the end of the date he said "Maybe next week?" and I said "So we're talking April?", because the last time he said "Maybe next week?" was in December. We both laughed. He said he wasn't going to let it go that long again. I did tell him that his name in my phone is Dodger and he shook his head and laughed. I asked later if that bothered him and he laughed and said no, it could be much worse.

Very, very, very good date. I wasn't really expecting that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
He just really surprised me in many ways... he is very insightful, very thoughtful, very observant. The conversations were great. He also seemed better looking than he was last time. He has the most incredible blue eyes. Oh dear.
Assuming he had anything approaching the nice time you did (from these posts), his post-date behavior is a little baffling. Even a quick, "hi, sat night was fun. let's do it again soon" response. something.

you didn't thieve his wallet or anything, did you?
__________________
Let the joy of Your saving power return to me. And give me a willing spirit to obey you.
~ Psalm 51:12
Reply With Quote
  #6820  
Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 PM
XAntoftheSkyX XAntoftheSkyX is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cape Cod (We go hard!)
Posts: 1,666
I go from no one talking to me, to my phone blowing up.

__________________
Δoing the eXceptional
xStraight Edge Gentleman-in Progress/Trainingx
And furthermore, GC IS NOT A PANHELL MEETING.-Senusret I
Reply With Quote
  #6821  
Old 02-22-2012, 08:47 PM
AGDee's Avatar
AGDee AGDee is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
Damn, you're sweatin dude like that? LOL it was just one date, unless there have been more dates with dude that you haven't posted about. He might be kickin it with another female friend. You don't know any other dudes you can kick it with in the meantime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
Assuming he had anything approaching the nice time you did (from these posts), his post-date behavior is a little baffling. Even a quick, "hi, sat night was fun. let's do it again soon" response. something.

you didn't thieve his wallet or anything, did you?
It was our second date, not our first, with frequent communication prior over the last couple months. So, it was odd to not hear from him. He did end the date saying "I hope we can do this again next week." And I told him I'd pencil him in for April, because the last time he said that, it was two months. We both laughed and he said "No, it will definitely not be that long again. I'm really sorry about that." And trust me, he seemed VERY into the date.

I happened across an article today (not looking for it) titled "4 reasons why he hasn't called you after a great date". The first one was "He is focused on being the productive man." That item talked about how focused men can be on their careers, school, etc. One, of course, was that he just wasn't really that into you. One was that he was feeling more than expected and wanted to keep it moving slowly so he was deliberately keeping it slow. I don't remember the fourth.. it didn't seem to apply.

Anyway, I chewed on that. I thought "He really was into me during that date." We seemed to connect on several levels and had some really thoughtful conversations.. philosophical conversations... like about what we really want, what we're looking for, even what we know our pitfalls tend to be and openly talked about them. It was really refreshing to talk to someone who was so in tune with himself.

He did say that one mistake he's made since his divorce is moving way too fast and developing "instant relationships" that crash and burn because they weren't built on a strong foundation. I told him I had made those mistakes at times myself and wanted to move forward slowly. I don't know, we were just on the same page on so many things.. even how liberating it is to be single sometimes. We talked about... so very many things. And there was chemistry, there was definitely chemistry.

So I was chewing over that article, and I was thinking about (warning, stereotypes here) something a dear friend of mine and I have discussed about one of the differences between men and women. It's the spaghetti versus waffle mentality. Women's brains/thoughts tend to be like spaghetti (cooked spaghetti!), all intermingled and happening at once. But men's brains and thoughts tend to be more like waffles. They focus on one square at a time. That pretty much fit with the article saying that if a man was focused heavily on his "purpose" of productivity, he could get so focused that everything else falls by the way side.

So I sent a text. It said "*crickets* Busy week? Or was it something I said?"

He replied very quickly "Crazy busy, definitely not about about you"

So replied "Gotcha Just had to verify. Carry on!"

And I feel much better. SO I really should just ask the question instead of analyzing and over analyzing like I do. I DO want us to take our time in developing this. And I DO recognize that we're both super busy with grad school, work and raising kids.

I come from this generation of "always wait for the man to contact you" and that's difficult sometimes. So, I'm going to do what I want. Plain and simple.
__________________
AGD
Live with Purpose!
Reply With Quote
  #6822  
Old 02-23-2012, 12:35 AM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAntoftheSkyX View Post
I go from no one talking to me, to my phone blowing up.
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*

Reply With Quote
  #6823  
Old 02-23-2012, 12:42 AM
christiangirl christiangirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in the midst of a 90s playlist
Posts: 9,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
You've randomly insulted folks too, so don't come on here acting like you haven't, so add yourself in the mix.
I would dare you to give me an example but I'll leave it alone before you mess around and find one.

As for the rest of what you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
I somehow think passive aggression is worse than randomly cussing people out so I'm going to tell you how you should post while I keep posting the way I do no matter how many people have a problem with it.
Uh huh. Right. Haha as long as you understand how hypocritical this foolishness is then fine. I can abide by your preferences and leave you out of my comments if you want. You might not like indirect comments but I don't like when you're just an arse for no good reason. Remember that when you talk to me and we can be cool. We won't be catching Quidditch matches together but I can stop poking at you.

Good lord, you remind me so much of a black Xanthus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAntoftheSkyX View Post
I go from no one talking to me, to my phone blowing up.
ETA: Right?! Same thing over here. To have had such a dry spell after The Chessman, I'm on a roll. Date with a new guy on Friday.
__________________
"We have letters. You have dreams." ~Senusret I

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 02-23-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6824  
Old 02-23-2012, 01:02 AM
XAntoftheSkyX XAntoftheSkyX is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cape Cod (We go hard!)
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
That's implying it gets to that point lol.

"We know I cant construct a poem. 'Cause words like girls get bored and run.
C'est la vie" -The Format
__________________
Δoing the eXceptional
xStraight Edge Gentleman-in Progress/Trainingx
And furthermore, GC IS NOT A PANHELL MEETING.-Senusret I
Reply With Quote
  #6825  
Old 02-23-2012, 01:09 AM
psusue psusue is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 666
I think this is the first actual 'crush' I've had in years. I forgot how much fun this is. I think I will enjoy this while it lasts.
__________________
sigma sigma sigma
beta upsilon
ever true
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D&D Random PhiPsiRuss Dating & Relationships 39 11-18-2005 12:25 PM
Phi Mu Random PM_Mama00 Phi Mu 39 07-05-2005 02:09 PM
Random AOX81 Recruitment 2 10-09-2002 03:27 PM
Random AOX81 Locals 2 10-09-2002 03:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.