GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 297,140
Threads: 114,115
Welcome to our newest member, bolaujuniora383

Old 08-13-2011, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuregreek12 View Post
well im talking about a jewish fraternity, and there are not a ton of jews at mizzou. so shouldn't being jewish be close to guarantee a bid?
Are you guaranteed a Jewish significant other just because you yourself are Jewish? No, because there are other factors that come into play. Same thing applies in Greek life.

Instead of trying to get absolutes from us, do what you've been told in both threads -- MEET THE GUYS ON CAMPUS.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
well im talking about a jewish fraternity, and there are not a ton of jews at mizzou. so shouldn't being jewish be close to guarantee a bid?
Yes that is totally their policy. I'm sure the back of their rush shirts say "if you're jewish, you're in" You have nothing to worry about!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Pushy and Clueless are not personality traits that will go over well at any type of school's recruitment. You really need to chill out.

Hundreds of thousands (probably much more than that) of students have gone Greek without someone spoon-feeding them information.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I would suggest dropping the whole "kids" thing . You will be amongst young adults.

Also, the historically non-Jewish fraternities now take Jews; Jewish fraternities take non-Jews on many campuses. Welcome to 2011.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, resident Jewish mother here: Please note to all that I pm'd the OP. I said, in brief, that he is either inappropriate or a troll. He did not respond. He did, however, post yet another thread on the same subject.

My take? Troll. I could give a myriad of reasons, but suffice to say, that repeat stupidity (on any subject) on a potentially controversial subject......troll (or dense).
Old 08-15-2011, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Not if you're Jewish and a dickhead.
RITY?
Old 09-25-2011, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello futuregreek. I am currently pledging AEPi at my university. It is a relatively moderate sized chapter (about 30), but it works pretty much the same. If you are Jewish, you will find it easier to get a bid due to easier to bring up topics. When I was rushing, bringing up being jewish and what that means around campus helps a lot. At my university, we also have a Hillel on campus, which AEPi uses pretty much for everything. Go to events, show them you are dedicated, and they give it. My friend wanted to join a fraternity, possibly AEPi, but he said one joke about not being Jewish which only gentile would laugh at. He didn't get a bid.

Also remember, nothing is ever guaranteed. It isn't "when", but "if". As in, "when I get my bid" or "when I get initiated", but "if I get my bid", or "if I get initiated". If you get your bid, PM me and let me know, I am curious how they do it there. I have heard many different things about AEPi pledging.

Last edited by jazing; 09-25-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazing View Post
Hello futuregreek. I am currently pledging AEPi at my university. It is a relatively moderate sized chapter (about 30), but it works pretty much the same. If you are Jewish, you will find it easier to get a bid due to easier to bring up topics. When I was rushing, bringing up being jewish and what that means around campus helps a lot. At my university, we also have a Hillel on campus, which AEPi uses pretty much for everything. Go to events, show them you are dedicated, and they give it. My friend wanted to join a fraternity, possibly AEPi, but he said one joke about not being Jewish which only gentile would laugh at. He didn't get a bid.
A suggestion that I truly mean in the most friendly way possible: You're a pledge. Of course can you relay your own experience, but you're not yet in a position to give advice about getting bids yet. Wait until you've been an active for a while for that.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I'm going to rush AEPi at mizzou in the spring. What I want to know about AEPi, generally, if your jewish do you get a bid pretty easy. I mean it's a jewish fraternity so I'd figure it shouldn't be too hard. But if you somewhat get along with the kids and your jewish are you in?
Oh yeah, if you're Jewish you're totally in. We do the same type of thing in AEPhi - of course NPC recruitment works differently, but all Jewish PNMs automatically get invited back to all parties and automatically go on the first bid list during formal recruitment. Similarly, all Jewish PNMs who attend informal recruitment automatically get bids.

</sarcasm>

No, being Jewish won't automatically get you into a Jewish GLO. You will just have to rush and see whether you are extended a bid. Also, remember that rush is a mutual selection process - you may get to AEPi and realize that you don't feel comfortable there.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm an AEPi and although we do have a small chapter size, we don't easily give out bids. Don't forget though that a bid means nothing. You still have your pledge period and that's what counts. I've heard of other fraternities bidding 50 people guys and cutting 40 of them.