GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,303
3 members and 1,300 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 10-16-2010, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Transfer already in sorority?

Okay, I have read a handful of threads about non-greeks transferring universities and asking about what their chances of joining a sorority would be at their new school. None of these threads really helped me because I am already in a sorority at my current school and I was wondering about my chances of getting into that same sorority at a different university. Would I still have to go through the entire recruitment process or would I have a different process since I'm already a member? Does anyone know about this?

Currently, I'm a DZ at a smaller university in the midwest. Our greek community is pretty small here and from what I have read our recruitment process is a lot more laid back, and quite frankly easier, than the schools I have been looking at. I want to transfer to a school in a more southern area with a DZ chapter. I plan on transferring as a Junior, so I would probably be at the new school for three years once I finish all of my credits. I'm just wondering what my chances of this happening are. I would hate to go though moving so far away and working to get into a school, just to end up not getting a bid or something.

Last edited by 18AndInvincible; 10-16-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

No wouldn't be going through recruitment again you'd be seeking to affiliate, how each sorority does it exactly is different though. Figure out what school you're transferring to first and then look into affiliating. Don't choose a new school based on if you'll be in DZ there or not.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18AndInvincible View Post
Okay, I have read a handful of threads about non-greeks transferring universities and asking about what their chances of joining a sorority would be at their new school. None of these threads really helped me because I am already in a sorority at my current school and I was wondering about my chances of getting into that same sorority at a different university. Would I still have to go through the entire recruitment process or would I have a different process since I'm already a member? Does anyone know about this?

Currently, I'm a DZ at a smaller university in the midwest. Our greek community is pretty small here and from what I have read our recruitment process is a lot more laid back, and quite frankly easier, than the schools I have been looking at. I want to transfer to a school in a more southern area with a DZ chapter. I plan on transferring as a Junior, so I would probably be at the new school for three years once I finish all of my credits. I'm just wondering what my chances of this happening are. I would hate to go though moving so far away and working to get into a school, just to end up not getting a bid or something.
1) You need to talk to someone in Delta Zeta to find out the requirements and procedures for affiliating as a transfer.

2) Once you have been initiated into an NPC sorority you may never join another one, and therefore you will never go through rush again, anywhere.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Talk to your CCD about the official process and she can help you get started.

Depending on the chapter and school, you might affiliate or you might become an alumna. Keep in mind that not all Southern schools are the same. I joined Delta Zeta at a school in the South, but it wasn't one of the super-competitive schools with a giant greek system.

If you are initiated, transferring won't make your membership disappear. However, like all sororities DZ chapters can very greatly so you might transfer and decide you don't want to be active on your new campus.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cali_gossip Send a message via Skype™ to cali_gossip
Pretty much what everyone else has already said. Each chapter is different and only your CCD can give you the best information on how to go about it. As long as you're not on AP or FP I don't see it being an issue.

We recently had a girl transfer from San Diego State and she had a fairly easy time doing it.

DZ