GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,569
0 members and 1,569 guests
No Members online

Old 04-16-2009, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
I understand that the general population of the US is at work right now. I get it--it's 11:27a on a Thursday--most people are gone right now.

But, as a teacher working without pay, it is my spring break and I am trying to relax. You, Mr. Carpet Cleaner Man, are ruining my last precious hours of spring break by running that stupid carpet cleaning bus of yours. Seriously, I am going to go crazy if I have to listen to the whirring noise for 2 more minutes.

Isn't there a city ordinance on disturbing the peace? Because you, Mr. Carpet Cleaning Man, are disturbing mine!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-16-2009, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I had forgotten that today is the second anniversary of the VT tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with the Hokie Nation still.

I hope the 3.2 for 32 run is a healing step for all involved. (See this link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090416/...ch_anniversary for more details)
Old 04-16-2009, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
DS: what insurance do you have? Do you get credits or perks for referrals?
Old 04-16-2009, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappamd View Post
That is NOT everybody. I have never, and will never facebook/email/myspace/ebay/etc. in class. I think it is incrdibly rude and distracting to both the professor and to those who are there to pay attention. I have listened to my research advisors rant about this more times than I can count, so no, you getting an A is not all they care about.

Yes, I am probably being a bitch, but expect it until April 24th.
Nope, professors know and they care. And it is exactly what you say, a disruption both to the professor and the rest of the students in class. But some folks are so self-involved that they do not know or care how their actions affect the larger group. I mean sometimes I think WTF is wrong with you that you can't pay attention for 50 minutes....That would be on my bitter days.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Yesterday when I came home in the afternoon there was a bulldozer on the hillbillies lawn, and the lawn is partially dug up. The workers left it there blocking the walkway to the apartments next door, and haven't done any work today. It is also blocking the sidewalk kids, families, and regular people use so they have to walk out into the street to go around it. I can only pray they start that thing at 7 am to combat the kids who live in that house and scream between the hours of midnight and 5 am.

Maybe if you maintained your properties slum lords, you wouldn't have these issues, and if I don't see a permit I'm calling the city.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
DS: what insurance do you have? Do you get credits or perks for referrals?
Siiigh...Benfield thru Pet Smart.

The only reason why I got it is because they are closeby and they cover all preventive proceudres for little to no cost.

You pay for it monthly almost like you do regular insurance...I need to be able to claim this on my taxes.

I sigh because there is a good vet in Crofton who charges little or nothing fro most services and doesn't require that you have insurance, but I can't see burning gas 20 mins to and from just to get to him
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 04-16-2009, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

This has been an interesting day. *smh*

ROFL..
Old 04-16-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post

The only reason why I got it is because they are closeby and they cover all preventive proceudres for little to no cost.

You pay for it monthly almost like you do regular insurance...I need to be able to claim this on my taxes.
This reminds me of a story I saw a few years ago. The IRS was auditing someone's tax return. This person had deducted a bunch of medical expenses for "his son Larry". Just one problem: Larry had four feet and a tail and said "meow". BUSTED.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

This morning I went to work with the heat blasting, and I left with the top down. whoo hooo!!!! It's SO nice outside.

Oh, and I laughed, because when I turned on the radio the perfect song was on. Too bad I didn't catch it from the beginning.

Nice day + me + yellow convertible + "Cruel Summer" (bannanarama) playing = one cheerful bright and sunny day.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Heaven came out last night. I think she's decided to let us adopt her, lol!!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
This morning I went to work with the heat blasting, and I left with the top down. whoo hooo!!!! It's SO nice outside.

Oh, and I laughed, because when I turned on the radio the perfect song was on. Too bad I didn't catch it from the beginning.

Nice day + me + yellow convertible + "Cruel Summer" (bannanarama) playing = one cheerful bright and sunny day.
that song is stuck in my head now
Old 04-16-2009, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU OX Alum View Post
that song is stuck in my head now
It reminds me of this movie, when Daniel Larusso got his ass kicked. Poor Daniel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebIhzVlmGls
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post

Have you looked at "Care Credit?" It's an insurance/credit card that covers yourself as well as your pet. That is what we use for my dog, and thank the Lord we do! We went from paying $300+ out of pocket to using the Care Credit card to pay it.

Plus my mom uses it for her dental costs as well.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
Have you looked at "Care Credit?" It's an insurance/credit card that covers yourself as well as your pet. That is what we use for my dog, and thank the Lord we do! We went from paying $300+ out of pocket to using the Care Credit card to pay it.

Plus my mom uses it for her dental costs as well.
So both of us can go to the vet and my PCP????

Cool...hehehe

send me the link please
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”