GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,523
0 members and 1,523 guests
No Members online

Old 11-23-2008, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Hope CK went well. CS was a complete joke.

I've had 3 interviews so far (out of 13 scheduled). I'm sure I'll get tired of it soon, but after taking my first two away from my home program, I'm very excited to see all these different places.

- Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-23-2008, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

The hardest part of CS was handing over my credit card to pay the $1000 tab.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

How is everyone doing?! One more interview, CS, EM, my medicine sub-I, radiholiday and I'm DOOOOONNNNEEE! It basically boils down to three months, two if you count radiology .

Anyone else care to update? and Happy New Year!
Kappa Alpha Theta "The Fraternity was always second in my mind to coeducation. It was organized to help the girls win out in their fight to stay in college on a man's campus. We had to make a place for women in a man's world, and the Fraternity was one means to that bigger end." -Bettie Locke Hamilton
Old 01-06-2009, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

On vacation this month: 5 more interviews (on the 7th, 9th, and then 14th, 15th and 16th of this month). Out of the 7 programs I've seen, definitely have 4 that I really love. I could go to any of them and be really happy. 2 out of my remaining 5 I'm excited for. No matter what, I think Match Day is going to be a happy day.

I go to Australia for a rotation on the 23rd, return back to the States on 2/26, then peds pulm in March. April is currently a vacation month at the moment, but it's possible I'll switch it to a private suburban peds clinic, just to get a little more practice in before I have some responsibility. It'll still be a really easy, appropriate for last month of 4th year kind of rotation.

I'm definitely coasting through!

- Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-06-2009, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Finished with interviews and the boards. One more mandatory rotation (critical care), a teaching elective, child psych, and peds development, and I'm free!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Submitted and certified my rank list earlier this week! Lots of time left I realize, and I keep toying with the idea of minor changes but I'm really going to try to just let it be. No place was the perfect blend of program, city, and atmosphere, but I have 6 places that I'd be really happy to go to (plus my ultimate safety choice at my home program), so I know Match Day will be a happy day!

- Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-15-2009, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Big Red, did you do early match?

This is it, fellow student-docs, Match day approaches! I'm on radi-holiday now, so I'm cruising, then it's time for lots of vacay. How is everyone holding up?
Kappa Alpha Theta "The Fraternity was always second in my mind to coeducation. It was organized to help the girls win out in their fight to stay in college on a man's campus. We had to make a place for women in a man's world, and the Fraternity was one means to that bigger end." -Bettie Locke Hamilton
Old 03-15-2009, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

No...I'm going into pediatrics. But I left for Australia (which was amazing) on the 23rd of January, so I made sure to get my list in before then in case there was problems accessing the site while I was Down Under and couldn't certify my list. As it was, there was no problem and I even tweaked my final list after enjoying the 100+ degree heat there while it was snowing back home...

I can't recall a time when I've been as anxious. I think the fact that it's been this build up to one specific time and date as opposed to so many other things that you don't know when you'll get the news. I'm not worried about matching (although I'll be a little peeved if I end up at my 7th choice), but I do just want to know where I'm going so that I can start moving on with the rest of my life.

I'm on Peds Pulm this month which has been really good, and then I'm doing Peds private clinic next month with a group of guys who will understand that it's my last month of medical school and not expect much out of me in terms of showing up...though I do hope to pick up a few more pearls to help ease the transition...I figure if I can at least be competent in continuity clinic, I can hang my hat on that and grow from there.

- Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-17-2009, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

One step at a time, so today's little 4 word email helped me chill quite a bit. Especially in this economy it's nice to be able to say "I have a job, just sitting and waiting for me on July 1st!

Good luck to everyone else the rest of the week. If scrambling try hard. And if not, Be thankful you didn't have go through that.

Any interesting match day celebrations among you and your classmates?

I'll be sure to post the Nebraska and Creighton match lists (names removed) but with greek affiliations if known.

- Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-19-2009, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

While I'm not in medical school, I know match day was today (both parents are doctors in a teaching hospital). And I'm very interested in how fellow GCers did!

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 03-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Banned

If you're not selected the 1st time for med school, how does it work if you want to try again?
Old 03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile_Awhile View Post
While I'm not in medical school, I know match day was today (both parents are doctors in a teaching hospital). And I'm very interested in how fellow GCers did!
Seconding the interest! Let us know how it went!

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I matched in Pediatrics at the University of Arkansas/Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock...very, very happy.

Here's the rundown of Greeks in my med school class and where they're headed (Cities used to protect the innocent)

Phi Psi - Surgery, La Crosse WI
Farmhouse - Surgery, Dallas TX
Sig Ep - Internal medicine, Sacramento CA
Lambda Chi - Urology, Omaha NE
Theta Chi - Int Med, Madison WI
Beta - Int Med, Salt Lake City
Beta - Int med, San Diego CA
ADPhi - Radiology, Omaha NE
Lambda Chi - Emergency, Chicago IL
DG - OB/Gyn, Omaha NE
Phi Tau - Int Med, Omaha NE
Theta - Family med, Wichita KS
Sig Ep - Anesthesia, Rochester MN
Beta - Anesthesia, Milwaukee WI
Tri Delt - med/peds, Milwaukee WI
Tri Delt - int med, Portland OR
Theta - int med, Richmond VA
DU - int med, Portland OR
DZ - int med, Omaha NE
Pike - pysch, Columbus OH
DZ - OB/Gyn, Omaha NE
AZD - Anesthesia, Omaha NE
Theta Chi - Surgery, Oklahoma City OK
Gamma Phi - peds, Columbus OH
Phi Tau - neurosurg, Iowa City, IA
Sig Ep - Ortho, Washington DC

There are a couple of people who I know are greek but I can't think of their affiliation right now...

- Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-20-2009, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeta View Post
I matched in Pediatrics at the University of Arkansas/Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock...very, very happy.
Congratulations!

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I matched at my home institution for Psychiatry - my #1 choice!

There are several Greeks in my class - off the top of my head, there's a Tri Delta going into OB/GYN, an AXO in surgery, a Theta in Family Med, a Chi O in peds, and a Sig Ep in med/peds.