GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 300,098
Threads: 114,207
Posts: 2,151,492
Welcome to our newest member, eveatexaxd2447
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:11 AM
Senusret I Senusret I is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 12,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
Why? It was just a matter of the Kappas coming back on the yard. But I am mad at the Kappas for taking them--oh wait they have been doing some strange intaking lately.
That's the part that grinds my gears. But hey.... once again a check matters more than thorough research.
__________________
I am proud that my last post on this site was telling Kevin to suck my dick.
  #47  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:13 AM
DSTCHAOS DSTCHAOS is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Down the street
Posts: 9,805
Awwww...hate to say "we told them so."
__________________
Always my fav LL song. Sorry, T La Rock, LL killed it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5NCQ...eature=related
Pebbles and Babyface http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl-paDdmVMU
Deele "Two Occasions" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUvaB...eature=related
  #48  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:15 AM
DSTCHAOS DSTCHAOS is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Down the street
Posts: 9,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
Why? It was just a matter of the Kappas coming back on the yard. But I am mad at the Kappas for taking them--oh wait they have been doing some strange intaking lately.
Some of us predicted that this would happen.
__________________
Always my fav LL song. Sorry, T La Rock, LL killed it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5NCQ...eature=related
Pebbles and Babyface http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl-paDdmVMU
Deele "Two Occasions" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUvaB...eature=related
  #49  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:32 AM
ladygreek ladygreek is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: In the fraternal Twin Cities
Posts: 6,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
That's the part that grinds my gears. But hey.... once again a check matters more than thorough research.
But you know Shid, research didn't play into this. Those guys were highly visible on that campus as Pike Colonists. In fact they were highly visible on the world wide web talking about finding their own niche. So I really wonder what the Kappas were thinking? And I wonder what the Pike HQ is thinking?
__________________
DSQ
Born: Epsilon Xi / Zeta Chi, SIUC
Raised: Minneapolis/St. Paul Alumnae
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
  #50  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:35 AM
DSTCHAOS DSTCHAOS is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Down the street
Posts: 9,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
But you know Shid, research didn't play into this. Those guys were highly visible on that campus as Pike Colonists. In fact they were highly visible on the world wide web talking about finding their own niche. So I really wonder what the Kappas were thinking?
They were graduate members who wanted to reactivate the chapter and get these hungry wannabes out of their faces. Undergrad members wouldn't have let these Pikes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
And I wonder what the Pike HQ is thinking?
"Darn, we won't be the next LXA at A&T afterall."
__________________
Always my fav LL song. Sorry, T La Rock, LL killed it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5NCQ...eature=related
Pebbles and Babyface http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl-paDdmVMU
Deele "Two Occasions" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUvaB...eature=related
  #51  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Senusret I Senusret I is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 12,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post


"Darn, we won't be the next LXA at A&T afterall."
I hate you so much.
__________________
I am proud that my last post on this site was telling Kevin to suck my dick.
  #52  
Old 05-30-2007, 03:41 PM
mccoyred mccoyred is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Greater Philadelphia Metro Area
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
They were graduate members who wanted to reactivate the chapter and get these hungry wannabes out of their faces. Undergrad members wouldn't have let these Pikes in.
We all know how it can be when a chapter is reactivated by members who are not on campus 24/7
  #53  
Old 06-14-2007, 07:28 PM
lambdalady lambdalady is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6
thats interesting what sorority

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908Revelations View Post
One of my sorors is in a Christian Sorority.


ETA
Varies....Check with orgs in question

I was just wondering what sorority. Thinking about the Christian sorority that I belong too, it takes a lot of work and dedication to be an active memeber. We don't allow "dual enrollment" in other sororities because there is no way one person can be dedicated to both.

Alpha Lambda Omega Christian Sorority, Inc.
Founded 1990
www.alocs.org
Giving back to Jesus what he gave to us...Our lives!
  #54  
Old 06-23-2007, 05:34 PM
SIAsensacion SIAsensacion is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
No pledging a latino frat then changing your mind.....
May not be allowed (or at least VERY taboo), but it has been done, more times than you would expect....
  #55  
Old 06-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Senusret I Senusret I is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 12,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIAsensacion View Post
May not be allowed (or at least VERY taboo), but it has been done, more times than you would expect....
YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!
__________________
I am proud that my last post on this site was telling Kevin to suck my dick.
  #56  
Old 06-23-2007, 05:43 PM
SIAsensacion SIAsensacion is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!
lol, not really, just procrastinating right now
  #57  
Old 06-23-2007, 05:49 PM
couggirl couggirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 68
Question hypothetical question

Okay, I just want to be clear that this does not apply to me and I am just wanting to know for the sake of my curiosity.
My question is groups that are part of the college NPC but not nationally, like a sorority for science majors. What if a woman rushes and joins science major sorority and gets initiated, then for some reason drops out. Would she then be ineligible to rush and join a NPC that is part of the 26 sororities? Would it make a difference is she switched schools, or possibly changed to a non-science major and would be ineligible for a science major only sorority?

I am just curious after ready a post my someone in a different thread that said that music sorority members could join NPC sororities, but am wondering if a major related sorority could do the same if that major related sorority was part of the colllege panhellenic counsil.

Thank a bunch for your info, I am just really too curious some times.
  #58  
Old 06-24-2007, 04:51 PM
AlphaFrog AlphaFrog is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: The Ozdust Ballroom
Posts: 14,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by couggirl View Post
Okay, I just want to be clear that this does not apply to me and I am just wanting to know for the sake of my curiosity.
My question is groups that are part of the college NPC but not nationally, like a sorority for science majors. What if a woman rushes and joins science major sorority and gets initiated, then for some reason drops out. Would she then be ineligible to rush and join a NPC that is part of the 26 sororities? Would it make a difference is she switched schools, or possibly changed to a non-science major and would be ineligible for a science major only sorority?

I am just curious after ready a post my someone in a different thread that said that music sorority members could join NPC sororities, but am wondering if a major related sorority could do the same if that major related sorority was part of the colllege panhellenic counsil.

Thank a bunch for your info, I am just really too curious some times.
As long as she has not been initated into one of the 26 NPCs, she is free to join one. College PHC has nothing to do with National rules.
__________________
Facile remedium est ubertati; sterilia nullo labore vincuntur.
I think pearls are lovely, especially when you need something to clutch. ~ AzTheta
The Real World Can't Hear You ~ GC Troll
  #59  
Old 06-25-2007, 05:00 PM
couggirl couggirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 68
okay, thanks.
  #60  
Old 06-26-2007, 10:41 AM
PhiRhoSister PhiRhoSister is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 90
This may not be true at the collegiate level if the non-NPC sorority is a member of the campus Panhel. Your friend will need to check the Panhel rules of her campus or the campus she is transferring to.

If the initiated women quits the non-NPC sorority that is a member of the Panhel, her campus Panhel rules may prevent her from joining any other Panhel sorority. Likewise, if the initiated women transfers to another campus where the non-NPC sorority is a member of the Panhel, that campus Panhel rules may prevent her from joining any other Panhel sorority even if she has quit the non-NPC sorority.

For example, Alpha Sigma Kappa (social eng sorority), and Ceres (social ag sorority), Phi Sigma Rho (social eng sorority) are non-NPC social sororities that do not allow dual membership with NPC sororities and are often members of their campus Panhels.


Quote:
Originally Posted by couggirl View Post
Okay, I just want to be clear that this does not apply to me and I am just wanting to know for the sake of my curiosity.
My question is groups that are part of the college NPC but not nationally, like a sorority for science majors. What if a woman rushes and joins science major sorority and gets initiated, then for some reason drops out. Would she then be ineligible to rush and join a NPC that is part of the 26 sororities? Would it make a difference is she switched schools, or possibly changed to a non-science major and would be ineligible for a science major only sorority?

I am just curious after ready a post my someone in a different thread that said that music sorority members could join NPC sororities, but am wondering if a major related sorority could do the same if that major related sorority was part of the colllege panhellenic counsil.

Thank a bunch for your info, I am just really too curious some times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
As long as she has not been initated into one of the 26 NPCs, she is free to join one. College PHC has nothing to do with National rules.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DUAL AFFILIATIONS? SIGMAtivity Kappa Kappa Psi 15 11-01-2010 03:14 PM
Dual memberships REE1993 Gamma Sigma Sigma 8 05-13-2007 05:33 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.