GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,683
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, Rainbordo
» Online Users: 953
0 members and 953 guests
No Members online

Old 04-04-2006, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Gods Ivy
Rape of NCCU Student

Hey I would like to know what you all think about the recent controversy around the black NCCU student stripping for college tuition that was raped and beaten by 4 white Duke University lacrosse players and the party consisted of 40 of the teams members?

Last edited by Gods Ivy; 04-06-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-04-2006, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to btb87 Send a message via Yahoo to btb87
Re: Rape of NCCU Student

Quote:
Originally posted by Gods Ivy
Hey I would like to know what you all think about the recent controversy around the black college student stripping for college tuition that was raped by 40 white lacrosse players?
Soror, just for the record, that was at Duke, not Central.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

The student that was raped went to central but I can make the correction to include the school the boys went to.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2006, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Rape (regardless of race or occupation) is vile and dispicable. I hope those responsible for such acts are held accountable.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree but the sad thing is that they are not being held accountable. They are still allowed to attend school and have not being suspended. I believe if the situation were turned it would be different. Much different.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

40 witnessed 4 committed the crime but none of the players are talking, they are all sticking together and items of the young woman's was found at the house where the rape took place.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to btb87 Send a message via Yahoo to btb87
Quote:
The student that was raped went to central but I can make the correction to include the school the boys went to.

Thanks
Now THAT I didn't know. But what I am hoping for is that justice will be served. I honestly haven't heard too much more about it since this has happened, because I haven't been watching/listening to the news lately.

Last edited by btb87; 04-04-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah they talked about it on the Russ Parr Morning Show and the issue is that none of the men were suspended pending the investigation or anything they decided as a team to stop their season and not play any more games but have not owned up to or confessed to their part in the act of beating and raping this young woman. They separated her and the other girl that was with her and then began to beat and rape her and while doing so they called her racial names. It is truly sad how much racism is alive and well. There are also witnesses that said they were called the N word just because they were sitting outside of the house hours earlier.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Rape of NCCU Student

Quote:
Hey I would like to know what you all think about the recent controversy around the black college student stripping for college tuition that was raped and beaten by 4 white Duke University lacrosse players and the party consisted of 40 of the teams members?
OK...I have to ask this...

Would you care if it was a white girl who was raped by "40 White Duke Lacrosse players"???

If your answer is Yes - you would care - then why is this a race issue??????? I can't say for sure, but they probably would have raped whoever they hired - black, white, yellow or pink. It just happened to be a black girl in this case.

The issue is a GIRL was raped by several Lacrosse players and no one is stepping forward. Do you honestly believe that if the girl that was raped was white that magically someone would offer info or step forward???

Oh, and if you answered "No" to the original question, then I just have no more words for you.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

More information on this site: http://www.nbc17.com/education/8446074/detail.html
Old 04-04-2006, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh I am concerned about there being a rape that occurred but there is a problem when the victim is being blamed because of her job and it was not publicized until week later, mainly because of race and class. I hope there are no blinders in the world that will hide the fact that this is a race issue. Especially when items were found at that house and none of the males have been arrested. The question to you AlphaFrog is, if they were black do you think they would be arrested now?

Last edited by Gods Ivy; 04-04-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Especially when items were found at that house and none of the males have been arrested. The question to you AlphaFrog is, if they were black do you think they would be arrested now?
No, I highly doubt they would have arrested an entire black Lacrosse team. I admit that they MIGHT have put a little more speed on the lab tests to get the DNA back so they could start making arrests.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

That is unfortunate. Even if they would not have arrested the entire team some arrests would have been made. Clearly there is unjust in the criminal system and particularily when it comes to race and class. The fortunate get away with murder.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Please feel free to read the website information given in the previous posts to education yourself on more of the issues.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaFrog
No, I highly doubt they would have arrested an entire black Lacrosse team. I admit that they MIGHT have put a little more speed on the lab tests to get the DNA back so they could start making arrests.
And what do you suggest might have been the rationale for conducting the tests with "a little more speed" had the team been black?
~ Luke 19:10