Thread: Bairds Manual
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2000, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Arrow

33girl

Our GLO is a member of PFA.. so it's not like they just couldn't figure out where to get our info or who to contact. I'm pretty sure that our national exec board at the time would have been more than happy to share the new/updated info!

I think you're definately right about the $$, too!

And what you said that I really agree with:
Quote:
And eliminating the locals is wrong - there are locals that are older than nationals! I get p.o.'ed at the anti-local bias that NIC and NPC sometimes seem to exhibit. I can understand that they want people to be a part of the organizations they represent, but being national is not for everyone (individuals or chapters). That should be respected not degraded. “No matter the letter we’re all Greek together” includes ALL Greeks, not just NIC & NPC!
I know that at some schools, the local chapter(s) have been around for a long time before any nationals got there. While we do have differences (national vs. local), all of our chapters also experience a lot of similar things, and we all exist for very similar reasons! You would think there would be more of a desire to help each other out and learn from each other!

Part of what made Baird's so informative and useful (and would have made me want to spend about $100 on my own edition) was that it had everybody and everything... even chapters/organizations that were no longer active or in existence. Greek letterered or not (i.e. Triangle Fraternity, Farm House, etc.) It was just so comprehensive.

What's going to keep NIC from making the next edition NIC organizations only?

Ok, that was my rant for the day

------------------
SilverTurtle@greekchat.com
Phi Beta Fraternity
Phi chapter