Thread: Bairds Manual
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2000, 09:50 AM

Thumbs down

Silver - I am really glad you brought that up about the info being the same. It happened to my sorority too!! I couldn't believe it when I saw it - I thought SURELY someone at our nationals would have sent the form in, or whatever. That's not the type of thing you blow off. This is an NPC group by the way!

Just from a snap judgement call, it sounds like they are not trying very hard to keep Baird's up to what its reputation is and just want the $$$$. That business about waiting till the 1991 run is all sold is asinine. They used to publish every 10 years, period. Can you imagine if World Book did that?

And eliminating the locals is wrong - there are locals that are older than nationals! I get p.o.'ed at the anti-local bias that NIC and NPC sometimes seem to exhibit. I can understand that they want people to be a part of the organizations they represent, but being national is not for everyone (individuals or chapters). That should be respected not degraded. “No matter the letter we’re all Greek together” includes ALL Greeks, not just NIC & NPC!