View Single Post
Old 02-09-2001, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I wouldn't have a problem with it if MTV followed several people - and showed all of their experiences equally, not just the bad ones. Also, I would be OK with it if it was presented in an unbiased, informative matter. I would hand more credibility to 60 Minutes or Dateline. But lets think here... what type of person is going to put themeselves on TV during this (what I believe to be) very personal time? They are not going to be the type of person that any of us would want to be representing us. Also, what kind of chapter is going to want a pledge that has a camera crew following them around? They will be a chapter that is willing to sacrifice the true pledge experience for publicity's sake.

The chapters that didn't invite the person back would be portrayed as villians, the pledging experience will be represented as grueling, the actives will be portrayed as "all-knowing, superiour" bitches, etc. I think that everyone can see where this would go. And what if the person doesn't get a bid????? Oh... the Greeks think they are too good for our heroine. Ugh!

And do they want to be there during initiation? Capter meetings? Rituals?

I hope that this never gets off the ground because I know that they stupid people of the world will look at MTV as a real news organization - rather than a music network that never playes music!

Well, that is how I feel.

Allie