View Single Post
Old 08-24-2002, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Sketchy results, but it's the best I can do-I will CORRECT any misinformation that may be given.

Everybody's met quota. Everybody has wonderful girls. Everybody got their top picks!
Not good enough? OK, Sorry, no names to be used. Except #1 will be designated DG! LOL!
There was a "midnight hour" change in quota. It was originally set at 70, but they upped it to 74.
She didn't have a solid number, and I've heard SEVERAL, but to keep it flowing, say 200 did not. Many of these were grades and recs. She didn't know how many dropped out.

1 I referred to two girls she had her eye on and one went DG. The other had a cousin in another chapter.
2 &3 sororities did not get any locals.
4 She has no idea how many went to one of our traditionally strong legacy chapters. She just didn't see any, not to say there WEREN'T any because she is certain there are. This sorority had more legacies than quota last year.
5.The other chapter that has a lot of legacies and a local chapter in town made up for last year when they had none and took 5 that she rattled off the top of her head.
6,7,8,9,10 got one each. PLEASE remember, these are the girls she spotted. (7 may have had 2)

There was a strong overlap on girls attending pref for 1, 5, 6 and 7. There were some # 8s in there too. Almost every one of DG's new pledges had 2 or 3 pref invites. (max is 3)
The sororities must have been looking for different qualities because she said they got the majority of their #1 list. They did not keep every legacy.

The local girls I know well ended up in 1, 5 and 6. Don't know who went with 4, haven't heard a word.

DG Highlight! They have a girl who was a model for 17 Magazine! Yes, they got GORGEOUS girls, but when you consider that old "Southern Charm", I'm sure EVERYBODY did! What's important though is to be "pretty" on the INSIDE!
Baby Girls says they have REAL beauties!

OK,I've edited once. There will be more I'm SURE!

Last edited by justamom; 08-24-2002 at 09:21 PM.