Thread: COB Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiglow View Post
Hello! I was just wondering about the whole COB process. I've searched here, Googled there, and asked a couple people, but I was wondering about other schools overall.

I'm a junior (attending a big California school) who rushed in the fall, but was, unfortunately, not given a bid. However, I spoke to Greek Life who referred me around and long story short, I got an invite from a sorority's recruitment person for COB. I have seen threads in which repliers said that it's best to improve yourself so that you have more to offer (in terms of GPA, etc.).

I will be attending, but I feel like it might be too soon after FR for me to show any considerable changes/improvement. I think I would do so much better in a casual environment because formal ones are a little scary, but then again, the numbers do stand against me and all that. Basically, my questions are:

- Do COB PNMs have better chances if they were rejected before? And I know that will vary, but I'd still like to know your opinions/experiences. I.E. I was rejected from A & B, but the invite came from B.

- Do juniors tend to stand better chances in COB? (Hopefully, not competing against so many underclassmen.)

- How does COB go at your school? I know it's made up of a week or so of 'regular' events, but how does the bid stuff go? Is there a usual process for all NPCs or does it vary?

- Anyone know of any successful junior COB stories? I'd love to hear them.
*I always tell PNMs not to expect to get a bid from a chapter that has dropped them before. Sure, it DOES happen sometimes that a girl can came back and wow a chapter and receive a bid the 2nd time, but that's generally the exception and not the rule (at least as far as my experiences at my school).

In general, something has to be different the second time around in order for you to be seriously considered.

*I would say that the chances that upperclassmen have just really depend on your school. At some schools, chapters generally just prefer freshman PNMs. At others, there are a mix of class standings. I find that if chapters prefer freshmen during formal, they likely do for COB as well.

*Every chapter tends to do this differently. At my school, the chapters would generally have a few days of events, then a Bid Day event for those girls who received bids. So even though the girls joined informally, they still got a Bid Day.

*My Little Sister was a junior transfer when she received a bid. However, my school is probably a bit different from yours.

Just present yourself well and see what happens. Good luck.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 10-21-2009 at 10:28 AM.