View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
I have decided not to write recs for Alpha Phi until we become an inclusive organization. Because you know EXACTLY who Alpha Phi doesn't want with these policies and fuck that.
Two of my close friends are Alpha Phi's, and both used to be involved in local alumnae organizations. Not any more. They are both so disappointed by what is going on. One of them (a woman of color who graduated from a top West Coast university) says that she has no doubt that her own chapter wouldn't look at her twice if she were to go through recruitment today. She sadly acknowledges that her own daughter, who will be a college freshman next fall, might not make the cut either (assuming she goes through recruitment).

Even if only half of what is being alleged is accurate, it's still really disheartening and damaging. And I can't really see how an organization would think they can benefit long-term from such policies. They may provide an initial boost to GR rankings and social media, but they aren't what build a strong and dedicated alumnae network.