View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 1: Info Night

Info Night was held in the student union where each house had their own room set up, and we spent 45 minutes in each room. We were separated into nine groups and three groups went into a room at a time. Before the event started, we went around and did the usual introductions, tell us about yourself, yadda yadda. There was one girl in my group who looked really familiar, but I couldn’t for the life of me think where I had met her before. I was the last to introduce myself, and after I talked a bit about my experience volunteering at a zoo the past couple summers, the familiar-looking girl jumps up and exclaims, “THAT’S HOW I KNOW YOU!” Her name was Linda, and turns out we had volunteered together the summer after my freshman year! We were recruitment buddies from then on!

We went to Viserion first. All of the girls were dressed in pearls, black blazers, dark denim, and high heels. Very classy! And their decorations were Tiffany & Co. themed! So cute! I was paired up with a bleach blonde Barbie doll, who was very poised and elegant. We were seated at a table of three other PNM and member pairs, including Linda, where we played an icebreaker game. The conversation was very fun and light-hearted. Linda and I both loved Viserion!

Next was Rhaegal, the house I was already leaning toward. Every girl was wearing a black cardigan embroidered with their crest. Not quite as polished as Viserion, but still very classy. There didn’t seem to be a theme with their decorations, but they had a killer brag table! They talked a lot about Big/Little week and how much they spoil their new members. I was sold! We played another ice breaker game, which almost seemed like an interview at times. I enjoyed it regardless, but Linda didn’t seem to be enjoying the conversation as much. Once we left the room, Linda admitted that she didn’t feel comfortable with that group. She felt they were judging her because of the many tattoos that she has. She liked Viserion better. Although she probably had the right of it, Viserion had the better party and nicer girls, I was still set on Rhaegal.

Lastly, we went to Drogon. They were dressed very casually in matching tshirts. The room was decorated in pastels and they served us cupcakes. Yum! The girl I was paired up with was very shy and awkward. I had to carry the conversation, which was hard to do in between bites of cupcake, making things even more awkward. I tried to turn my attention to the other members at the table, but they were all just as quiet and awkward. I left the room feel incredibly uncomfortable, although Linda said she liked them.

We didn’t rank houses this round, but in my mind I would have ranked
1. Rhaegal
2. Viserion
3. Drogon