View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 02:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Grammar cops here: apart means separate from. A part means to be included in. If you are apart of a sorority, you are in fact not a member.

AI is just fine. I think my sorority uses it in a very innovative way. When we colonize a new chapter, we invite all the girls' mothers who are not already affiliated to initiate with their daughters. I've also heard of an NPC sorority sort of seeking out women for AI because of a need for alumnae support for a new chapter in a (relative to their base) remote chapter. But in general AI is reserved for women like one I remember. My chapter initiated the chapter advisor, a non-member graduate student who was really helpful in an era of rebuilding. She didn't seek it out but had become very intertwined with the sorority.

But hey, if you're friends with members of NPC sororities, ask them. Maybe one of them will be willing to go to bat for you.

And finally, what was the point of this? Sometimes it's clear a person is just looking for someone to blow sunshine up your skirt. But you don't like us, so why would you want our approval?