View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile LIVE RECRUITMENT STORY! Fruity Frenzy

Hey guys! SO I started Recruitment! Yesterday was the first day. I am sooo excited, but super tired so I am going to make this quick. I go to a school with 12 sororities. One of them is re-colonizing. I was super excited all summer and cannot believe rush is finally here! I thought I was going to come up with some super awesome theme but I am just too tired. Yesterday went really well and was way less nerve racking than what I've been building it up to be for myself. I know all the "tent talk" about the houses but I am doing a good job at keeping an open mind through out the experience so far. I really like houses I initially thought I wouldn't. I'm going to try to keep my identity hidden so I won't reveal too much info but just enough to give you guys an idea of how my time went for the first day...

* means I have a rec letter.

Banana *
Raspberry
Orange *
Strawberry
Kiwi
Mango
Blueberry *
Apple
Pear *
Peach *
Watermelon *

Yesterday I visited 6 out of 12 chapters for open house. They were Mango, Raspberry, Strawberry, Apple, Blueberry and Peach.

Mango I was totally not knowing what to expect when I was about to enter this house. The outside was cute. I was too tired from moving in the day before and waking up bright and early to have any emotion haha. HOWEVER, as soon as the doors opened to their house I could not stop but giggle and smile! It was so exciting seeing all of the ladies bouncing and singing! I loved it so much. The whole house was shaking and it was definitely the loudest house of the day which I liked. It went super well. It was hard to hear but I just said "I'm sorry, what?" and leaned in if I didn't hear something right. I barely remember the convos but I really liked this house. It was one of my favorites of the day. I felt really comfortable here despite the "tent talk" and the girls seemed easy to get along with. The second girl however that bumped me was a little hard to read. She seemed a little rude or like she didn't care or something but maybe it's because she just isn't as bubbly and hyper as the other girls.

Next was Raspberry. This house was really cute! I felt bad for the first girl who talked to me. I could tell she was really nervous. She almost seemed like she was the one trying too hard to impress me and I feel like it should have been the other way around if at all. The second girl was just really shy or something. She wasn't too good at making conversation. I don't really know what else to say but I felt awkward. The third girl who bumped me even felt the awkwardness! She had to kind of shove her way into the conversation and tell the other girl "Alright well I am going to talk to her now..." because the other girl just wasn't saying anything. The third girl was really really sweet! Our conversation flowed and was really nice. I feel bad because I really liked her but just did not feel a connection to the other two girls which makes this a least favorite house...

Third was Strawberry. I really liked this house also despite all of tent talk however I felt like I wasn't engaging myself enough in the conversation. I was soooo tired and was dazing off. The girls were SUPER sweet and bubbly and I think they liked me even though I feel like I did not do as well as I did in the other houses with my energy. One of the girls actually complimented me on my energy saying she could tell I was really positive and excited about the rush experience. So maybe that is a good thing, I don't know. All of the girls in my group loved this house though. It was seriously so pretty!! I hope I get invited back just because I feel like I could really connect with them if I got the chance.

Fourth was Apple I am not sure yet. The girl I talked to was AWESOME! We had the same name and she was so sweet!! I don't know if I'm interest in being a founder yet though. I want to wait and see what happens over the rest of the week.

Fifth was Blueberry this is one of the houses all the girls want to be in. I really liked all the girls I talked to. They were super sweet. One of the girls complained a little about other PNMs not being able to hold conversation which came off a little weird but she was still super nice. I really liked their song too!! The house is really cute. I hope I get invited back. I think I had the best conversations with these girls.

Last but not least was Peach The girls in this house were all super nice and talkative. I am a legacy to this house which I think they really liked. One of the girls seemed really excited about me and I feel like she really likes me. I cannot see myself at this house though. I felt like I was being fake when I was talking to the girls and I don't like that too much. I will probably keep this house high enough on my ranks though because I am a legacy.

Order of my favorites were:

Blueberry
Mango
Strawberry
Peach
Apple
Raspberry

I'm going to type up today right now!!