View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Pardon my lane jump- Would the released pnms of this chapter be eligible for bids this semester or do they still need to wait until the next semester?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
They could pledge right off if the other groups have space and want them. I have never seen a mass pickup by another sorority, though.
No.....are you sure? My understanding is that these women were not PNMs. They successfully received bids from the sorority, making them NMs. The OP stated that the new members were released "...two weeks after formal rush concluded". This means that they presumably signed MRABAs, received bids, and completed the pledging ceremony for the sorority. THEN the chapter closed and released them before initiation. Because they participated in formal recruitment, signed MRABAs and accepted bids, I thought these released women are now ineligible to receive any other NPC bids until next formal recruitment. Or does a chapter closing and releasing women from their pledge also release them from the NPC policy of waiting one year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiez17 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what happened there?
The OP is talking about the Phi Sigma Sigma chapter at Cornell University. PSS has reportedly been experiencing low membership numbers for a period of time. The other chapters took the quota of 45 this past winter formal recruitment and PSS "only" took 25 new members. Two weeks later, PSS HQ elected to close the chapter due to low membership numbers. The OP seems to be upset 1) that PSS HQ did this and 2) that the other sororities refuse to absorb these now chapter-less members into their chapters.

True and Constant