View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
You know, Panhellenics could easily fix this problem by clearly stating the chapters' minimum GPAs so women know their chances going into recruitment. AOII's chapter minimums are not a secret....are other NPC"s minimums secret?
At my school the minimum GPA to rush was 2.0. All the chapters had higher requirements, which actually WERE published in the annual recruitment booklet given to PNMs. Yet there were always women who rushed with below the chapter minimums (at my school, 4 chapters had a 2.25 minimum and one chapter had a 2.33 minimum)!

I think part of the reason our school refused to change it because there was a 2.0 minimum for guys' rush as well and having the women's move up to 2.25 (which would have been sensible) would have somehow been "unfair" or discriminatory. The fraternities, AFAIK, often pledged guys who had right at 2.0 and often "underground pledged" guys with below that and then just listed them with the school and nationals as pledges from informal recruitment the following term.